Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-07-2013, 03:03 PM #1
Wicked_Bass

has been a member for 10 years
Wicked_Bass plays in the PSP
Wicked_Bass owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Looking to set an example for my kids.

I am looking to change my ways and get healthy and set a good example for my kids. I am the heaviest I have ever been at 260lbs. I am 5'11" and have a good deal of belly to show for it. Also this will be a benefit on the field for stamina and hopefully wont be so winded all the time.

I now have time in the morning to hit the gym before work. I will be going to planet fitness for cost and convenience of going to work after.

I am looking for some work out suggestions from anyone that would like to help. I have 30 to 60 mins to work out in the morning. I have bad knees so anything with a ton of knee stress should try to be avoided.

I have started with a diet change for the last 3 weeks and am down 3 lbs just eating smaller portions and making better choices.

Thank you for the help, looking forward to changing my lifestyle. I would like to try and start tomorrow morning if anyone has a workout that I can easily start with.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2013, 06:45 PM #2
johnswiger
ޡԃ?

Pm'd
Eastern Kentucky Colonels
johnswiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:19 PM #3
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
First off, I think you've got an admirable attitude and a noble goal. First things first, focus on getting to a GOOD BASELINE.

Build up your cardio, little by little, but not by going longer, go HARDER. Do 20 minutes a day, first walking, then walking and jogging, untill you're up to a 2:1 ratio of work/running HARD to walking.

Also, definitely make sure you're getting mobile. Get a foam roller. Stretch. Learn to "Third World Squat". You've definitely got things in your muscular system bound up at your age and activity level, and it needs to be free.

I'd also work on pushup progression, just do as many as you can, going from knees if you have to, until you can do 50.

Same thing with bodyweight squats, do them from your heels and very deep. This seems like a easy waste of time, but it's not. Anyone in this forum, do 200 bodyweight squats, deep, in as little time as you can, until your legs are on fire, then tell me it won't do ****.

After a while of this watching your diet and improving mobility and BASIC strength (squat and pushups force you to stiffen your core, so you get functionally stronger), you'll be ready for a real gym program with weights and stuff. OR a hoem workout tape like P90x, really whatever agrees best with you.

Just remember a few things:

Diet is 85% of fat loss.

Exercises that use the BIG muscles are effective. That's back (pullups or inverted rows are easier at your weight), chest (pushups) and legs (squats). Do them with good form and with full range of motion. Don't worry about your ego.

CONSISTENCY. You can do it. It will take time. This is a LIFESTYLE change. You're getting healthy.

Also, I have a bunch of programs and my diet guide at ogrestrength.com
Old 09-20-2013, 07:46 PM #4
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

You guys are only 2 months late, lol

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:49 PM #5
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Wow, the poor guy never even got any advice.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote