PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:39 AM #1
Charon

Anthraxx Wins 2010 ATWL Paintball Championship

The season long battle for the 2010 Atlantic Tactical Woodsball League (ATWL) championship was decided Saturday October 9th, at Overkill Sportz in Mount Uniacke Nova Scotia. And the players saved their most intense paintball battles for the last event of the season.

The final matches were set up similar to games played throughout the season; timed games with three flag stations, and total points to determine the winner. Points are awarded to a team for each minute a flag station is controlled. To assure field set up would not be the determining factor in the outcome, the teams played one game from each end of the field.

Both teams displayed an air of confidence as they podded up and filled their tanks in preparation for the opening horn. Less than two hours time would decide whether determined experience or youthful energy would rule the day.

Game one was characterised by ferocious fights at choke points, with maximum amount of paint in the air. Exploitation of small weakness on both side resulted in multiple changes of flag station possession. Game one ended with what appeared to be a slim victory by Anthraxx.

“It was a great game and my guys battled hard at both ends of the field” said Kevin Whynot, Captain of the Nova Scotia Mercenaries, who was impressed with his opponent’s performance in game one. “Anthraxx came out with their A game today. They are a great young team who fought us for every inch of field.”

Game two was a stark contrast to the first. Both teams rushed forward off the break then settled into a game of creeping and making selected shots. Where game one was fuelled by pure adrenaline, game two was a game of nervous anticipation and constant movement.

“This is the hardest I have ever seen the guys play” said Ryan Cox, Captain of Anthraxx, “They left everything on the field. I just hope it was enough.”

The final horn resulted in a Mercenaries win. Each team won one game and finished with comparable points for flag captures. Both teams nervously waited for the final results to be calculated.

League owner Shaun Langille met with Head Referee Chris Landry for clarification on the penalties assessed. Landry was barraged with questions when he left the meeting by players looking for a hint as to which team was victorious. Landry’s reply “Guys this one is coming down to the wire. I have no idea who won.”

An agonizing 20 minutes passed before Langille emerged and called the teams in for the announcement. The final result:

435 points – Anthraxx
390 points – Nova Scotia Mercenaries

Screams of joy erupted from Anthraxx at the news that all of their hard work for the season had paid off, and they had won the Atlantic Woodsball League Championship for 2010.

“It was an awesome season. I have never had more fun.” said Ryan Cox. “The best paintball I have ever seen was in the final games. I am really proud of my guys.”

The final standings for the ATWL season are:

Anthraxx – 2010 ATWL Champion
Nova Scotia Mercenaries
Mersey Road Predators
Iron Legion
Halifax Maniacs

Paintballers in the Maritimes look forward to the 2011 season and the chance to take the crown away from Anthraxx. Cox threw down a challenge to all paintballers “Team Anthraxx looks forward to 2011. We are confident we will make it two championships in a row next season.”
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2010, 10:43 AM #2
RonniePB
Dream Loud Clothing

Annual Supporting Member
RonniePB plays in the PSP
RonniePB supports Team VICIOUS
RonniePB posts videos on PbNation
RonniePB plays in the APPA D4 division

PROVE THEM WRONG.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:59 AM #3
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports Cereal Killerz 2
ycpb supports our troops
congrats!

HOUSTON ZONE
Old 10-15-2010, 11:45 AM #4
zeroten
PBN is a waste of time.

zeroten is a Supporting Member
sounds like a fun day of paintball
Old 10-15-2010, 11:47 AM #5
ballin v6
HKanada

nice, canada ftw.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:53 PM #6
Jestersss
Texas!

nice
Old 10-26-2011, 08:12 AM #7
ShamSavior

Lol Cox, of course you'd be the cocky one to throw down a challenge like that. xD
Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 AM #8
Magyar
**** Yeah

very cool. congrats guys! good to see good ol' fashion paintball in the news section

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.