PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 PM #85
Jhosgood
Joe

Jhosgood supports Team VICIOUS
The only real reason I'd use a snatch grip is to protect the web of my hand between my thumb and index finger does this prevent you from being cut up from the screw on the rear of the frame?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 AM #86
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Well, the screw head itself is hidden inside the snatchgrip, but the snatchgrip itself sticks out 75% as far as the screw head. Compared to a normal frame it's definitely better, but nothing can totally replace a fully concealed screw. Unfortunately we can't really do that here (not without replacing the whole frame anyway).

All in all, I think this would help out with the problem you're describing, but it's kindof a band-aid fix.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:53 AM #87
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
wow, it's good to be back. any news on those drop-forewards? they kinda dropped off the convo.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 AM #88
Jhosgood
Joe

Jhosgood supports Team VICIOUS
band aid is fine rofl.. something with smooth edges over that sharp *** screw is better
Old 08-05-2011, 02:27 PM #89
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhosgood
band aid is fine rofl.. something with smooth edges over that sharp *** screw is better
I had to buy gloves because the back screw bruised my hands. I've received and tested out the prototype snatch grips and let me tell you, it is extremely smooth. YDNA did a great job with it.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
Old 08-05-2011, 02:29 PM #90
Skeemask
I like turtles!

Skeemask plays in the APPA D5 division
Skeemask has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito-z View Post
I had to buy gloves because the back screw bruised my hands. I've received and tested out the prototype snatch grips and let me tell you, it is extremely smooth. YDNA did a great job with it.
QFT
Skeemask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 PM #91
mini-me67
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_079 View Post
Hey! that's nice...

little off-topic:
Wait... FRONT GRIP!

D: what's up with those? I think this is a good time to produce them, since they would give us mini users a feeling like the axe.

*drools*
this look amazing, if someone was able to produce this along with some sort of board adapter i would definitely buy it with no hesitation.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:54 PM #92
mini-me67
Ben

ummmm how do i get this! i wants it!!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 11:16 PM #93
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
Soon my man! They are being anodized tomorrow and will be available shortly (along with the snatchgrips)

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 PM #94
mini-me67
Ben

ok were can i buy them, and is it gonna be a limited run or will it be in full production. oh and how do they attach to the frame cuz it doesnt look like ur using the stock screw holes

Last edited by mini-me67 : 08-08-2011 at 11:33 PM.
mini-me67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:42 PM #95
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
PM'ed you with some info..can't post here for spam reasons.

But I can say here....anything and everything I make will be available in some way as long as people want it! (although the cost might change when quantities are altered).

As told by Stobaeus
Old 08-08-2011, 11:48 PM #96
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Didn't they already make that and call it the Axe? But seriuosly, very creative and it's cool to see these type projects.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 PM #97
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
hah that's what simon said too although to be specific my extender places the foregrip about a quarter-inch further forward compared to an Axe, so the feel is a little different.

People have already requested a version for the Axe too (more of a universal version that could work on either marker) I don't really know what the forwards limit is on such a thing so I'll be working on those next.

As told by Stobaeus
Old 08-09-2011, 12:07 AM #98
mini-me67
Ben

pm'd back
Old 08-09-2011, 09:59 AM #99
Ghost_079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
Soon my man! They are being anodized tomorrow and will be available shortly (along with the snatchgrips)
Ahahaha, oh wow...

Looking forward to it!
Ghost_079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 AM #100
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
Didn't they already make that and call it the Axe? But seriuosly, very creative and it's cool to see these type projects.
ZING!

Can't wait to try mine out. They look sick. There is one thing I wish somebody would have fixed on the mini and this is it. Thanks so much.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:38 PM #101
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
Everybody get to the pile!

By the way, anyone that wants a special blasted-silver snatchgrip just mention it in the "instructions to seller". I have a half dozen of them that were all muffed up on the outside so I blasted them before they were plated. But it's not enough that I can put it on the site...

As told by Stobaeus
Old 08-13-2011, 05:53 AM #102
djtail

djtail owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
djtail is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
Everybody get to the pile!

By the way, anyone that wants a special blasted-silver snatchgrip just mention it in the "instructions to seller". I have a half dozen of them that were all muffed up on the outside so I blasted them before they were plated. But it's not enough that I can put it on the site...

where can i order this?
djtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:47 AM #103
TheEnglishGuy

http://www.nummech.com/

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:16 PM #104
Teahouser
that one guy

Got my snatch grip in a few days ago, i love it. great build quality, fits very well. using it to carry my mini around all the time!

Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM #105
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Hey everyone. I'd like to start out I'd like to start out by saying how lucky I am to be able to test out these parts for Andy and Nummech. It feels great to be able to help out a brand new company.

Snatchgrips are not new. Some guns have them built in, like the G4 or the Ego. Some don't, like the Mini. A snatchgrip is used to help balance the gun on your hand so that you have something to lean on when your walking or holding your gun after the match.

The snatchgrip for a Mini also serves another purpose. When the Mini was made, the main screw that holds the trigger frame and chamber together, while also holding the bolt in, sticks out the back of the gun. The problem is that when you play, the screw digs into the webbing of your hand and makes it quite uncomfortable to play. Nummech's snatchgrip fixes this by making the screw flush with the snatchgrip.

Installation took all of 30 seconds. The snatchgrip comes with an extended back screw which you replace and fit the snatchgrip in.

After taking both the prototypes and the finished product out to play, I was amazed. The finished product is great. It fit perfectly onto my hand (and I have big hands) and made it so much easier to walk during speedball and hold during the breaks. No more bruises on my hand, and the bps when I walk on semi went up at least 5bps.

All in all, Nummech and Andy did a great job. He took feedback from real people and made a product to help suit our needs, and he nailed it.