PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2015, 06:24 PM #1
PowderedToast

PowderedToast has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PowderedToast has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation O'ring Questions & Buying Them Individually

I have a couple questions about some O'Rings here...

Firstly, with the exception of an air leak; how do you know when to change an O'ring? Obviously if it's cracked or torn you would change it but is there something else I should look for? A time period/lifespan?

Secondly, last night I stumbled upon the Luxe O'ring Guide from one of the threads on the LUXE-Ultimate information thread. It had a lot of great information on it that was extremely valuable but I felt like there were some areas which were a little vague. I ended up doing some more research on the type of o'rings that I needed to fit my Luxe but I had a difficult time finding confirmation that the o'rings that I was about to purchase were going to allow my Luxe to perform at its optimal level.

After searching around in circles for about an hour I felt pretty confident that what I was ordering was in fact the correct o'rings according to the specifications listed on the guide. However, there were multiple variations of o'rings which were extremely similar to the ones listed on the guide that definitely made me feel uneasy but I made the purchase anyway.

So, I was hoping that you guys who have experience ordering o'rings in this manner could give me your opinion on ordering from a site like this;
i.e. Should I just buy the o'ring kit DLX offers?
Should I expect a lesser quality of o'ring from one of these sites in comparison to an o'ring found in a DLX o'ring kit?

From what I could tell it seems like the o'rings I am to expect should be on par with the Luxe O'ring kits but I just wanted to make sure before I start replacing the o'rings I bought last night in my gun.

Here is a list of the o'rings that I purchased. Do these look like the correct o'rings? The ones I am most concerned about were the Buna ones, these seemed like they were the standard ones so I went with them but there were a couple variations.

*Don't worry about quantity as there were minimums for some o'rings that essentially allows me to rebuild my gun 5 times, if I did everything correctly.

O'ring guide, for the lazy:

Bolt Diagram:

Please excuse the wall of text, I would like to expand on the o'ring guide and make it a little more user friendly for someone, like me, who is just starting out in the sport of paintball.
I would like to put together a collection of links that would send the individual to the page that has the specific o'ring for each different o'ring in the core so that there is no doubt that the o'ring is the correct one.. but I need some people that are more knowledgable in the area of o'rings to verify that the o'rings I listed above are the correct o'rings..

Thanks!

Last edited by PowderedToast : 03-24-2015 at 06:42 PM.
PowderedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2015, 08:39 AM #2
Fusion141
FatBobs Fusion 141

Fusion141 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
There are lots of opinions with regards to orings, especially for luxes. Some say aftermarket/non offical orings/orings kits are fine, others say stay stock and only use DLX orings, I'm in favour of the latter as most other oring kits don't contain orings made from the same various materials as the original set from new.

I believe there are companies who can offer the same material/size orings, but it's a case of can you really be bothered looking through all the sizes/material orings to save a few $'s? why buy a ferrari and service it with cheaper parts?

So my opinion, buy the DLX oring kit, replace like for like.

But the choice is yours

Last edited by Fusion141 : 03-25-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Fusion141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 AM #3
p8ntball44
'93 '99 '13

has been a member for 10 years
p8ntball44 plays in the PSP
p8ntball44 plays in the MiLP
Is there a chart that helps identify the orings we a already have? Like a size chart?