Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2014, 01:08 AM #1
paintball_FST

Reg is SCREWED!! Help

OK so I just got my first luxe 2.0 in the mail today from royalty paintball and it shoots terrible.... So I was trying to tune it and I decided… maybe it's the reg that causes it to shoot so awful. So in attempt to open the reg up, in the vice, Turning the Allen key the correct way to unscrew it, it snapped metal! It's that tight! I need to get my hands on a new reg internals and cover. This luxe was obviously not even looked over or checked to see if it worked by royalty paintball as the eye covers were practically glued on with old paint. The biggest problem is getting a new reg cover. I can just order internals but since mine are stuck in the cover, the cover is useless. I have a 2.0. Red and Clear. Thanks royalty.
Help?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2014, 02:01 AM #2
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
piggman2 plays in the PSP
piggman2 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The cover snapped where the retaining screw holds the cover to the body? Or did you try to remove the reg without taking the cover off first and that snapped the cover in two, just curious? A possible solution is getting a new reg and ordering a exhalt reg sleeve for 20.00 that matches the color gun as it also provides texture the metal cover doesn't and it's cheaper.

Everyone I know is in one of two categories,

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.
piggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:13 AM #3
paintball_FST

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggman2 View Post
The cover snapped where the retaining screw holds the cover to the body? Or did you try to remove the reg without taking the cover off first and that snapped the cover in two, just curious? A possible solution is getting a new reg and ordering a exhalt reg sleeve for 20.00 that matches the color gun as it also provides texture the metal cover doesn't and it's cheaper.
The internal piece snapped, a the spot you put the big Allen key in. The exalt grip wouldn't fit if there's no reg cover.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:19 AM #4
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_FST View Post
The internal piece snapped, a the spot you put the big Allen key in. The exalt grip wouldn't fit if there's no reg cover.
He's talking about the exalt luxe reg grip. It's a complete rubber reg cover that replaces the metal reg cover.
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 AM #5
Fusion141
FatBobs Fusion 141

Fusion141 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
A few photos may help for people to get their head around your issue?
Fusion141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 AM #6
Royalty Paintball

Everyone,

I shot the marker the day it shipped. He shipped us a very broken GTI that I had to fix and now is complaining about a "broken luxe". I'll be posting screen shots where he said it worked. Future people beware, shady seller here.
Royalty Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:36 AM #7
Royalty Paintball

Proof the gun worked:

So besides for the buyer not knowing how to remove eye covers the gun worked 100%...fishy. So how did you break a gun tuning it if you texted me saying it was "tuned." In addition, no pictures of said "filthy" gun have been posted (don't worry took a picture before I shipped). Also,
for all this slander going on he never once tried to make contact with us...keep that in mind.

Link of video when his gun showed up, he claimed it was 100% working before he shipped:

http://vid63.photobucket.com/albums/...ps329bc044.mp4

Last edited by Royalty Paintball : 07-23-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:50 AM #8
floods
Ph 4:12

floods plays in the PSP
floods plays in the APPA D5 division
Old 07-23-2014, 09:58 AM #9
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
[quote=Royalty Paintball;82561881]Everyone,

I shot the marker the day it shipped. He shipped us a very broken GTI that I had to fix and now is complaining about a "broken luxe". I'll be posting screen shots where he said it worked. Future people beware, shady seller here.

Do you give your markers a once over internally prior to selling? A quick disassemble and inspection upon receiving? I'd think it's due diligence as a store before shipping out to a new owner. If all that takes place is airing and shooting, and a through wipe down, very easily someone could be hiding patchwork repairs ( cross threaded screws, torn wires slapped together with electrical tape) and pass it along to an unsuspecting person. Do you have a warning that markers will have bolts and regs check before accepting trades? I'd be more inclined to buy from you if you state your policy on what steps you take to insure what leaves your store more than just trying to match this guy in the blame game. As a owner of multiple luxes over a few years and currently shooting one now, reading his issue does sound more like operator error since taking out the retaining nut allows the sleeve to simply slide off exposing the reg. if that were difficult to remove.....stop. Call you, state the problem, and return it.

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 AM #10
Royalty Paintball

Was chrono'd at 290 used all day with the eyes working. Cleaned then shipped.

Not were we contacted about any reg issue. And clearly it was stripped if he "tuned" it.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:48 AM #11
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalty Paintball View Post
Was chrono'd at 290 used all day with the eyes working. Cleaned then shipped.

Not were we contacted about any reg issue. And clearly it was stripped if he "tuned" it.
I agree something isn't being said that was done or just not too luxe tech savvy. But I think a reason folks go to shops/brokers/online retailers, like these is because they expect the goods to have been inspected in and out prior to selling instead of the dealing with the uncertainty from private deals where it's almost guaranteed something's outside of spec. I noticed your rules didn't state what steps you take upon receiving trades or sending off products that everything works as it should. I mean from a general maintenance perspective, will it hold up to one? Then you give it the OK before shipping. Shooting it all day and cleaning it is the first commandment private sellers use when they don't want to say "i never touched it and it always worked for me." I do trust the reg is more on the user side but I do also want to see you don't give folks a leg to stand on when they try to blame shops for things.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 AM #12
Royalty Paintball

Quote:
I agree something isn't being said that was done or just not too luxe tech savvy. But I think a reason folks go to shops/brokers/online retailers, like these is because they expect the goods to have been inspected in and out prior to selling instead of the dealing with the uncertainty from private deals where it's almost guaranteed something's outside of spec. I noticed your rules didn't state what steps you take upon receiving trades or sending off products that everything works as it should. I mean from a general maintenance perspective, will it hold up to one? Then you give it the OK before shipping. Shooting it all day and cleaning it is the first commandment private sellers use when they don't want to say "i never touched it and it always worked for me." I do trust the reg is more on the user side but I do also want to see you don't give folks a leg to stand on when they try to blame shops for things.
It was inspected. I may have missed the eye covers but if I used an Allen, and chrono'd it clearly it wasn't stripped out.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:01 AM #13
Royalty Paintball

I will make a list like that. Great idea!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:14 AM #14
lettucecheesecake

The guy probably didn't realise you need to dial it the opposite way to normal regs
lettucecheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:54 AM #15
Royalty Paintball

Guy just texted me saying HE snapped the reg while on the phone with DLX. I believe he still believes it to be my fault. Screenshots soon. Gotta edit out his phone number.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:03 PM #16
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucecheesecake View Post
The guy probably didn't realise you need to dial it the opposite way to normal regs
I think maybe he took the 5/16 to the reg housing and wrenched until things just snapped before making sure it was done in the right order.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:29 PM #17
Royalty Paintball

Quote:
I think maybe he took the 5/16 to the reg housing and wrenched until things just snapped before making sure it was done in the right order.
It sounds that way.