Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-28-2016, 12:49 PM #1
lifeincolorado

Luxe help

So I lent a friend my MVP for a tournament and he lost it. So I ended up with a luxe. Never owned a spool. I was told it is a 1.5, but from reading these pages I've figured out its a 1.0 with some 1.5 and 2.0 upgrades. It wasn't firing so I've cleaned it (man it was full of crap), and lubed it (only have pathogen or eclipse lube; I've tried both).

The problems I'm having are:
1. the eyes wont register anything in the breech. I've checked they're aligned and cleaned. Even gone as far as holding the eyes inline manually. If I unplug the eyes it registers something in the breech.
2. It seems to have some bolt stick on the first shot. At least that's what I think it is as I've only ever owned poppets. It just kinda Chuffs on the first shot and shoots fine after that. I've turned the FSDO to 20 (was at 6) and it still does that. current dwell 14, FT in, manifold 2 turns in. Any suggestions?
Old 08-29-2016, 01:47 AM #2
omero

omero is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Do you know what core it has? Check the eye ribbons for breaks or bad bends. They might have gotten pinched. Try having manifold in 1 1/2 turns and dwell at 16. See what it does. Of course check all the orings. Sounds like this luxe wasn't really taken care of.
omero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:43 AM #3
shockerboy001
Yasser Hanbali

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
shockerboy001 supports DLX Technology
shockerboy001 supports Shocker RSX
clean the eye port, and eye sensor using 90% rubbing alcohol and a soft toothbrush.

Set Dwell to 16ms

inspect on the board where the solenoid plugs in that the D1 diode is there, if not remove the Feather Touch screw.

use factory Urethane and HBNR orings and factory lube.
All American Heroes #70
SHOCKER RSX #103 (((O)))
shockerboy001 is offline   Reply With Quote