ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
The worst tournament experience you've ever had thread

Hi.

I just played PSP chicago. Was well run, great competition and so much fun. It kinda made me think back on those 1-2 events that I played in that were complete ****ups. Either through playing like ****, **** reffing, snowstorms, or gear malfunctioning.

The worst event I can remember was when my local team bumped up from 3 man to 5 man. I was so hyped on tournament paintball, I convinced my parents to split an Angel 1 (they just came out). I took it to the field and the breach was rattling and I got random leaks so I wasn't able to use it. To this day I will never own a Angel product. While I put it down I got a gnarly scratch on it from something on my gear-bag so I was pissed. We played well through prelims and got to the finals bracket. The humidity was gross and most of us were shooting soup.

There was some guy there who wanted to get on our team but he just helped support us and took pictures. We ended up getting in to the finals bracket and a player tried a run through on us early on. I thought he was already shot when he tried to do me I spun and shot him back because I expected that he was already eliminated and would be on the receiving end of a penalty. Of course the ref's didn't see things my way and pulled a major on me so we lost the event. That kid who was taking pix pretty much got my spot on the team

Well ****, at least we got 2nd?

However, till this day I have yet to receive a major or minor in the 15ish tournaments I've played since that one.

Whats your worst tournament?

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 PM #2
xsvlp39
Brick

xsvlp39 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xsvlp39 is an NCPA player
xsvlp39 plays in the APPA D5 division
My worst so far isn't that bad but I was playing at GPL and it was hot and humid it was also the end of the day our last game and to fill for snake corner and the rest of my team got rake hit I had no clue. While trying to hold down s2 and s corner I got bunkered from d side got hit in the neck side hopper and on the scar on my hip where I got surgery.
#30 Rutgers Paintball
xsvlp39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 AM #3
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
heh... Played an event, I was at the X, I had my team mate in the 40 snake, I saw the other teams snake player coming to get my guy, so as he did, I took off towards the snake to bunker him and shoot the last guy.

I run up, shoot 2 shots turn and shoot the remaining player who was in back center, as I run to get the flag I get grabbed by 2 refs, they clean off the player in back center and tell me that I shot with malicious intent and that I should be kicked from the event.

The kid complained as did people on the sidelines that it was malicious because he got shot in the head.... Never gave that field my money again.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 PM #4
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA Pro division
Damn that is terrible. If you are playing a tournament you should be willing to get shot 10+ times whenever you step on the field.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:38 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I played a 5-man event with 3 people once because two people didn't show up or return phone calls the morning of when we got to the field.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 PM #6
travtrav

travtrav owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
travtrav owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
travtrav posts videos on PbNation
travtrav has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
I played a 5-man event with 3 people once because two people didn't show up or return phone calls the morning of when we got to the field.
sad.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:46 PM #7
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
It was a pants kicking alright. The owners of the field bent the rules for us and let us add people to the roster though as we played games and people became available through the day. We had 5 at the end of the day but it didn't really help at that point. We picked up a rec baller with a mag and just made his day to come into a tourney and just play a game.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:14 PM #8
SAMikaze

Worst for me was when we didn't get to play a tourney because one of our players decided he wanted a smaller tank, and spent his entry fees on a new tank. Couldn't get any cash either in time.
SAMikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:52 PM #9
Stewie28

Stewie28 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Stewie28 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Stewie28 supports Team VICIOUS
Stewie28 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
all the markers i owned for my first 3 tournements broke the day i got to the field
Old 07-07-2011, 08:53 PM #10
Gangstalicious
I play paintball

Gangstalicious is for the Gunfight
Gangstalicious supports Sherwood Forest
Gangstalicious posts videos on PbNation
Gangstalicious has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
wait.
don't you have to forfeit if you dont have 5 players?
Gangstalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 PM #11
SAMikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangstalicious View Post
wait.
don't you have to forfeit if you dont have 5 players?
He later mentioned they let his team slide. They were allowed to grab randoms to play.
SAMikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 AM #12
Hel_Bound

Playing an outdoor tournament years ago at OPPL (old Ontario event) It rained the day before and heavy the day of. Puddles in the snake and back bunkers. My entire 5man team slipped, sloshed and go no where fast. I threw my cleats and pants out after that event. Couldn't get the stink of mud and sh*t out.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:30 AM #13
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Went to an indoor tourney, but as it turned out, indoor only meant 4 walls and a roof... no insulation... no heating... and it was about 5 degrees outside. It was EPO, and they stored the paint in the "indoor" field, which meant it was brittle as could be. EVERYONE was chipping. Eyes or no eyes, the paint was simply breaking from the bolt/air hitting it! I remember one game, after the break, half of BOTH teams were trying to clean out their barrels!

This also reminds me of the second worst event, which was just bad reffing. By bad reffing, I mean there was one team who kept winning because they were wiping more than they were shooting. Soon everyone picked up on this and would watch from the sidelines and scream when they got shot so the refs could see.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:16 PM #14
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
2nd worst tournament.

out of 25 teams the top 12 get to the finals bracket. The event was running late, so the event staff changed the rules and cut it to ochos only. We were the 9th seed.

They told us this AS we stepped on the field. ****ers.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:12 PM #15
Datsik707

Datsik707 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Datsik707 supports Team VICIOUS
Datsik707 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
Went to an indoor tourney, but as it turned out, indoor only meant 4 walls and a roof... no insulation... no heating... and it was about 5 degrees outside. It was EPO, and they stored the paint in the "indoor" field, which meant it was brittle as could be.
Datsik707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:45 AM #16
Trixer00

This was not a tournament but I want to share my story....

So my 13th birthday, the very first time I ever got to play paintball.. I was in TN at a field in a place called Chapel Hill. They had some satalights cut in half and pushed into the ground..

Im standing at home with my tipman 98.... and like 3 of my friends that came, on the other side theres a dude with an emag, two eletro cockers, and some other random gun I dont remember. So we break and I sprint for the satalight... slide into it and my foot hits it... I instantly move to my knees and start shooting out one side of my bunker... as soon as I do it falls straight forward.. leaving me completely exposed......

The rapid firing markers just start ripping into me at how ever many balls they did at that time.....

My mother still has the picture of my first ever paintball game.. in the game no longer then 1 minute... got shot like 20+ times, front of me covered in paint... and from that moment I was completely hooked!

I will never trade for, answer questions, or do I want anything to do with a marker that looks like a real weapon, they are a plague on the paintball community.

We are a sport and we must represent our selves that way, or immature and irresponsible people will ruin us!

The only thing a paintball player fights for is respect. Respect for the game, respect as a player, and respect as a team. We are not soldiers, warriors, or fighters. We are survivors!
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
Trixer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:47 AM #17
mokothemonkey

Well, I've only played one tourney... but our first game was pretty bad.

It was 3 v 3.
I got shot out from snake, and their snake player got all the way to our S1.

I was sideline coaching my back center, he had the snake player pinned. I keep telling him stay on him stay on him.

You know what he does? Turns and runs away.

The snake players proceeds to get up and chase my back center player halfway across the field.
SOMEHOW he didn't get shot, and we ended up winning the game, but it's my worst tourney experience.
mokothemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 PM #18
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Showed Up at Paintball Ridge to a "Beginner Tournament" with three 13 year old boys wanting to play. (This was their 2nd Tournament.) They were forced to Play teams Like "Virus" "MilkSteak" and a couple others that were also playing series like Vicious that same season. Did I mention it was a beginner tournament. Sad day for paintball in my book and people wonder why the sport is lacking new players.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 PM #19
garrettwichert
Infamously Anonymous

+1 to getting over shot. My worst tournament, the refs were handing out overshooting penalties to everyone except the local teams. I took 9 shots to the body including 3 in my throat and 7 more on my marker. No penalty came of that but my buddy shot a guy 5 times during a run through and we lost 50 points...
garrettwichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:39 AM #20
christian10219

My worst/only experience was just recently at final round for 3rd and fourth place at a beginner walk on 3man tournament. I was about to start snap shooting and then a huge air leak came out of the barrel of the gun. Results were me being shot in the head 3 times.
christian10219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 PM #21
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
heh... Played an event, I was at the X, I had my team mate in the 40 snake, I saw the other teams snake player coming to get my guy, so as he did, I took off towards the snake to bunker him and shoot the last guy.

I run up, shoot 2 shots turn and shoot the remaining player who was in back center, as I run to get the flag I get grabbed by 2 refs, they clean off the player in back center and tell me that I shot with malicious intent and that I should be kicked from the event.

The kid complained as did people on the sidelines that it was malicious because he got shot in the head.... Never gave that field my money again.
LOL. the **** were they smoking? A headshot is a headshot. It's going to happen. Did they do the same for anyone shot in the junk as well? Or how about bunkering?

Well, my worst is definitely tripping on my own shoelaces, faceplanting, and tripping all my other teammates (3man). Obviously causing us to lose and then we were placed 5th out of 9.

Epic fail. Epic, Epic fail.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote