Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-02-2011, 01:49 AM #64
AdamRRT

AdamRRT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yup I agree. But you're missing my point. I'm just asking for the earliest, most preliminary data. Not anything advanced. Just show that there ARE a significant number of injuries in paintball to justify added safety at the expense of durability. Just some data. Not a winning court case. Just something. Anything.

"If you don't live close enough to say it to someone's face, don't say it online. You end up looking like the little kid who calls names and runs to his mommy." - I'll let you find the source of that one.
AdamRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2011, 01:55 AM #65
deaton
aka Melonhead

deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Right, but what I'm trying to say is that if the number is too low and someone who decides that it's not a high enough amount to justify the frame design, someone who feels it is justified will just say that many of the injuries that would have been sustained, weren't because of the frame design. Does my train of thought make sense? It's been a long day and I'm celebrating the 4th a little early.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:21 AM #66
RogueShooter

The other thing to keep in mind is that it is not only absorbing the energy that would potentially hurt the user, but also absorbing energy that COULD potentially be absorbed by a tank reg bending or snapping which could lead to even more serious injuries than simply falling on your gun.

Personally I've always had a really good solution to the gripframe-bending issue: don't jam your barrel into the ground and fall on your gun. It's really pretty easy.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 PM #67
AdamRRT

AdamRRT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton
Right, but what I'm trying to say is that if the number is too low and someone who decides that it's not a high enough amount to justify the frame design, someone who feels it is justified will just say that many of the injuries that would have been sustained, weren't because of the frame design. Does my train of thought make sense? It's been a long day and I'm celebrating the 4th a little early.
Yes it makes sense. That's why you provide data to the customers so that they can make an informed decision. Personally I've only taken core samples while making stupid moves with poor form. I've never cored my barrel when moving to the best bunker, oddly. It's always when doing something stupid like moving to a corner rollie that's no good for anything anyway. Gods way of telling me to move up field? Maybe! :-D

"If you don't live close enough to say it to someone's face, don't say it online. You end up looking like the little kid who calls names and runs to his mommy." - I'll let you find the source of that one.
AdamRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:50 AM #68
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
NickyT: thanks for the comments but I gotta ask you. By the logic of no pressure in the area of intended pressure relief, why not make it the barrel! It's cheaper & easier to fix. Yes people will use different barrels, but that's not your problem.

Or is it about needing a relief point between the marker and tank?

Also to validate the injury avoidance concept, can you offer any data?
Don't get me wrong. I NEVER accept any company's word as final since they're inherently biased. So it won't necessarily change my mind. But it'll at least give the claim some credibility other than your good rep. Something concrete.

Thank you.
Good morning

It seems that this thread took a weekend-tangent, so let's attempt to get it back on track

AdamRRT;
Cheaper to fix isn't always better. I think that to fully understand our point of view, you have put things into perspective here; we keep EVERY frame that has been bent on any Ego marker, and consequently replaced by ourselves. The number is low - very low when you consider the amount of markers sold since 2005!
Further to that, every bent, damaged, broken frame that we receive back is analysed by our mechanical engineers and consequently feed back into the design criteria for future models; taking into account other restrictions such as space required for solenoid assemblies and circuit boards.
Statistically speaking the Ego11 frame is right up there with the strongest - infact only the Etek frames have proven more resilient (thus far), but even they have been bent, broken and damaged.

Nicky T

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote