Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 04:53 PM #1
RedFox981
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D4 division
EGO9 Strange Consistancy Issues

Hey guys been noticing a strange inconsistancy at the chronograph recently.

LPR is set at 2 turns in from flush, Dwell 10.5, HPR to chrono.

The gun will chrono very consistantly for like 3-4 shots, and then have a strange spike up or down.

For example, the numbers may be: 295-294-297-295-271

I have cleaned and lubed both regulators to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
__________________
Highly up'd DYE DM9 Red/Black F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post70004457
RedFox981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2011, 05:09 PM #2
deaton
aka Melonhead
 
deaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Michigan
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What paint are you using? Is it fresh? I'm betting it is the paint personally.

How are the orings on the rammer?
__________________
Team IYAOYAS
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:23 PM #3
RedFox981
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
What paint are you using? Is it fresh? I'm betting it is the paint personally.

How are the orings on the rammer?
The paint was very fresh draxxus silver. Shouldnt be having a problem with that, and was having the problem with other paints too. Which orings on the ram should i check?
__________________
Highly up'd DYE DM9 Red/Black F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post70004457
RedFox981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:10 PM #4
FPSJoshwaa
I <3 Milkatrons
 
FPSJoshwaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wiltshire, UK
FPSJoshwaa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FPSJoshwaa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FPSJoshwaa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FPSJoshwaa has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
also have you bored the paint to the correct barrel size, that can be an issue as buddy
__________________
JB Images
Facebook
Youtube
Portfolio
Workin' on the sidelines.
We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.
FPSJoshwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:33 PM #5
IrockanEGO
Ohio baller
 
IrockanEGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
IrockanEGO has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Make sure the lpr and hpr piston and seats are in good shape.
IrockanEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 PM #6
deaton
aka Melonhead
 
deaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Michigan
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFox981 View Post
The paint was very fresh draxxus silver. Shouldnt be having a problem with that, and was having the problem with other paints too. Which orings on the ram should i check?
Check all the orings on the rammer. If you're having consistency issues and the regs look good, just replace all of the rammer orings to rule it out. Someone suggested to check the reg seats. Do that too. Those are the small pieces at the ends of the LPR and HPR pistons.
__________________
Team IYAOYAS
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 PM #7
RedFox981
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
Check all the orings on the rammer. If you're having consistency issues and the regs look good, just replace all of the rammer orings to rule it out. Someone suggested to check the reg seats. Do that too. Those are the small pieces at the ends of the LPR and HPR pistons.
What specifically should i be looking at on the seats? Obviously like nicks and damage, but like if they are kind of warn and dont come flush to the tip is that damage?
__________________
Highly up'd DYE DM9 Red/Black F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post70004457
RedFox981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 PM #8
deaton
aka Melonhead
 
deaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Michigan
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The biggest thing is make sure they are both there. There shouldn't be any nicks or anything of that sort. But I bet the problem is in your rammer orings at this point.
__________________
Team IYAOYAS
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 PM #9
RedFox981
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
The biggest thing is make sure they are both there. There shouldn't be any nicks or anything of that sort. But I bet the problem is in your rammer orings at this point.
Ok I will try replacing all the rammer orings tomorrow, thanks for the help, will get back to you with results.
__________________
Highly up'd DYE DM9 Red/Black F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post70004457
RedFox981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 PM #10
deaton
aka Melonhead
 
deaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Michigan
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFox981 View Post
Ok I will try replacing all the rammer orings tomorrow, thanks for the help, will get back to you with results.
Hey no problem my friend. I love my 09. If it weren't for the pure awesomeness that is the EGO11, it would still be my main marker.
__________________
Team IYAOYAS
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:21 AM #11
p8ntball1o1
 
p8ntball1o1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntball1o1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
p8ntball1o1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
p8ntball1o1 plays in the APPA beginner division
You can greater consistency by raising your dwell, shooting quality paint, and matching you paint to the correct bore size.
__________________
KCCO

WTB ego7
p8ntball1o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:41 PM #12
DriverJ
Death is Coming...
 
DriverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Another helpful thing to know is what type of Reg you have on your tank. Some regs can cause consistency issues.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM #13
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
One 271 spike just sounds like a paint to bore match you should check.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:13 PM #14
RedFox981
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post
Another helpful thing to know is what type of Reg you have on your tank. Some regs can cause consistency issues.
Its a Ninja adjustable reg, set to LP for my G6r.

And as for the paint question, this has happened with several types of paints so im doubting thats the issue.
__________________
Highly up'd DYE DM9 Red/Black F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post70004457
RedFox981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:18 PM #15
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFox981 View Post
Its a Ninja adjustable reg, set to LP for my G6r.

And as for the paint question, this has happened with several types of paints so im doubting thats the issue.
Hmm interesting...well I've always found that theres always a few odd balls in every bag of paint regardless of how fresh and high quality it is. I mean if you think about it, in a bag of 500 paintballs, there's got to be a few that aren't the same or similar to the rest.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM #16
RedFox981
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
Hmm interesting...well I've always found that theres always a few odd balls in every bag of paint regardless of how fresh and high quality it is. I mean if you think about it, in a bag of 500 paintballs, there's got to be a few that aren't the same or similar to the rest.
This is very true. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll continue to test with other paints, but I have a hunch that its not that. Nonetheless thanks for the imput bro
__________________
Highly up'd DYE DM9 Red/Black F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post70004457
RedFox981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:56 PM #17
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFox981 View Post
This is very true. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll continue to test with other paints, but I have a hunch that its not that. Nonetheless thanks for the imput bro
No problem, let us know how it comes out or if you ever find out what the problem is. I mean I get inconsistencies like that through my 10 as well but I've been shooting REALLY bad paint lately lol.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:18 PM #18
RedFox981
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D4 division
Just to help rediagnose the issue, I shot a few over the chrono today. I found that the numbers were extremely inconsistant. One of the strings was as follows:

291-293-271-274-302-310-315-270-296-294

So now I'm very curious what should be tried, Any help appreciated
__________________
Highly up'd DYE DM9 Red/Black F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post70004457
RedFox981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 PM #19
deaton
aka Melonhead
 
deaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Michigan
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What barrel/bore are you using? Also, replace the LPR oring. You already changed the rammer orings, so next do the LPR piston oring. Make sure the board is back at stock as well. I know you said the dwell is at stock, but do a factory preset load to make sure all the settings are back to stock.
__________________
Team IYAOYAS

Last edited by deaton : 06-27-2011 at 06:52 PM.
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 PM #20
RedFox981
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
What barrel/bore are you using? Also, replace the LPR oring. You already changed the rammer orings, so next do the LPR piston oring. Make sure the board is back at stock as well. I know you said the dwell is at stock, but do a factory preset load to make sure all the settings are back to stock.
Thanks for the info, will try this as soon as I get the chance. Also worthy to mention that the HPR has just been completely rebuilt O-ring wise by me, along with the rammer and rammer cap.
__________________
Highly up'd DYE DM9 Red/Black F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post70004457
RedFox981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM #21
deaton
aka Melonhead
 
deaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Michigan
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
This may seem like a dumb question, but you do have the correct back cap for the rammer you're using, right? If it's the stock rammer are you using the stock back cap? And vice versa are you using the back cap that came with the Zick2 if you have that? This will affect things alot if you don't have correct back cap installed. When I bought my 09 it had a Zick2 rammer and the stock back cap on and I didn't realize it. It wasn't a very nice shot to say the least.
__________________
Team IYAOYAS
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump