Old 10-25-2013, 05:10 AM #1
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Nutrition Discussion

Pelto's recipes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto View Post
I got a low carb and a high carb one

-1c milk or 1c unflavored almond milk (higher v lower carb)
-1.5 scoops casein - COOKIES AND CREAM
-80g Blueberries - They taste the best IMO; have tried strawberries and mixed berries.

Tastes like blue berry cake batter ice cream

It is like 26g CHO/5g fat/46 protein vs 14g CHO/5g fat/38g Pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto View Post
I am always changing it, but:

-3c milk or 3c almond milk
-6 servings Kashi GoLean or you can use several cups of oatmeal but I like how I get the soy protein with go lean and also the crunch factor it adds.
-12 servings CHOCO PB MYO - Please don't be dumb **** and use something else!
-4 servings casein - I like C n C or Choco PB ON, but don't think it matters much so long as you got the choco pb myofusion
-2 servings Natty PB or Almond PB

I recommend mixing the protein powders and the milk/almond milk before the other ingredients or else you will find it nearly impossible to get all the powder mixed. I also sometimes add a bit of water if I am having trouble mixing. I keep track of how much every ingredient weights then divide the total by 10 which equals how much each bar should weigh if I want 10 bars.

Macros should be roughly 20g CHO/8g Fat/48g PRO per bar with the entire recipe yielding 10 - usually my first bar is me licking 170 grams of ingredients out of the mixing bowl lol.
These bars are supposed to be frozen.

If you don't like them, then your an idiot.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2013, 09:48 AM #2
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
These recipes are still delicious, even 2 years later.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:27 PM #3
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
in. 20 weeks out starting macros: 80/300/250

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 PM #4
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Interesting. Right now I'm going with the standard 1g protein per pound of bodyweight, filling the rest with carbs and fat. 75 G FAT and like 350 carbs. We'll see. Maybe I'll adjust in a week or so... I'm 'scared' of the high amount of carbs--don't want to get back to the level of fat I was at when I returned from Afghanistan.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 PM #5
Hawke

I consume ~30g of carbs per day now, in the form of spinach and a banana. Although whenever meetings come up, the host almost always provides something deliciously unhealthy.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:48 PM #6
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Oh my god. **** that.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:29 PM #7
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
in. 20 weeks out starting macros: 80/300/250
F/P/C, I'm assuming? IIRC you looked pretty well conditioned at your last comp, hopefully you can come in even better this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
I consume ~30g of carbs per day now, in the form of spinach and a banana. Although whenever meetings come up, the host almost always provides something deliciously unhealthy.
I eat really high carb and I'm still dropping weight. I had a fatty fat fat weekend that bumped me up last week, but I'm lighter than I was in Basic right now. A simple caloric deficit is a wonderful thing.

To anybody knowledgeable:

I have a lovely 24 hour weigh in for my meet in November. I'm planning on rehydrating (and end up hyperhydrating) with massive amounts of sodium, carbs, and now glycerol. This will be my first time with a 24 hour weigh in and I am super excite.

I'm not super sure about glycerol dosage. I've seen a 5% solution being suggested for longer-term hyperhydration. Is this accurate? I plan on mixing in some with my rehydration solution (a gallon of 1:1 powerade and water, with a spoonful of sea salt), as well as the powerade that I will be drinking throughout the meet.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 PM #8
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

19 weeks out: 70/275/250

Genetics.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 PM #9
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
I eat really high carb and I'm still dropping weight. I had a fatty fat fat weekend that bumped me up last week, but I'm lighter than I was in Basic right now. A simple caloric deficit is a wonderful thing.
If you can handle cutting with high carbs well, by all means go for it. I experimented with it for awhile and I found low carbs to be a lot more comfortable (in terms of bloat, satiety, etc). Like you said, caloric deficit is all that matters.

I'd also be interested in hearing about competition hydration. I'll be competing in a push/pull event next Sunday. I have to weigh in the day of and I've never cut for a competition before.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:18 AM #10
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

The only reason I keep my carbs at ~100 is because it covers about two sweet potatoes, or a very tiny bit of ice cream and sweet potato. Helps me avoid triggering a carb binge and going crazy.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:57 PM #11
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
If you can handle cutting with high carbs well, by all means go for it. I experimented with it for awhile and I found low carbs to be a lot more comfortable (in terms of bloat, satiety, etc). Like you said, caloric deficit is all that matters.

I'd also be interested in hearing about competition hydration. I'll be competing in a push/pull event next Sunday. I have to weigh in the day of and I've never cut for a competition before.
For the day of, and your first competition, don't even cut. Just go in feeling strong and move some heavy weight. The only exception is if you're within like 3lb, in which case just fast for a half-day or whatever.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:22 AM #12
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

18 weeks out:170lbs.
Carb Cycling implemented.

On: 70F/275C/250P
Off 70F/225C/250P

Gonna Start Slowly implementing E/C Stack. This week It will only Be Pre-Wo

Genetics.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:33 PM #13
Hawke

Ate too much at a banquet on Friday, missed weight by 2lbs on Sunday. Deadlifted a PR, had a horrible bench, and obviously didn't place. Would have finished 2nd in the other weight class. Oh well, it was fun and encouraged me to make some routine adjustments.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 AM #14
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Ate a **** ton in a matter of hours because before 10 pm all I had to eat was two fiber bars, a greek yogurt, and a pop tart.

10:00pm - Pepper jack Turkey Griller from work
10:45pm - two brixx pizzas
11:30pm - Vanilla milkshake from cookout

My stomach is full.
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:13 PM #15
BCdude
The O-fishel

BCdude helped look for balloons
Question for the smart people here:

My roommates keep giving me **** for eating 1g/lb protein per day (~215g) saying that is will "ruin my kidneys and liver and is unhealthy for you". This coming from binge drinkers, mind you.

Can someone give me some science I can shove in their face to help get them off my back? It is always fun disproving their stupid ideas, especially the one about fish oil a while back.

NCSU Paintball
BCdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:21 AM #16
FHS JewFro
black AND white

They need some peanut butter with there jelly?
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:06 AM #17
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Umm why would protein ruin your liver? That's such a ****ty argument on their part. Even worse than "if you eat that much protein your body will just piss it out".

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:21 AM #18
biskit123
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdude View Post
Question for the smart people here:

My roommates keep giving me **** for eating 1g/lb protein per day (~215g) saying that is will "ruin my kidneys and liver and is unhealthy for you". This coming from binge drinkers, mind you.

Can someone give me some science I can shove in their face to help get them off my back? It is always fun disproving their stupid ideas, especially the one about fish oil a while back.
http://www.jissn.com/content/4/1/8

You are in the clear sir.
biskit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:46 AM #19
BCdude
The O-fishel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
Umm why would protein ruin your liver? That's such a ****ty argument on their part. Even worse than "if you eat that much protein your body will just piss it out".
Oh trust me, I get to hear that one too. Along with I **** it out, its the reason I poop a lot. Not my crohns, but the protein.

Thank you biskit, I will be showing them that article when I get back from thanksgiving break.

Haha jewfro, took me a while to get that one.

NCSU Paintball
Old 11-29-2013, 01:58 PM #20
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdude View Post
Oh trust me, I get to hear that one too. Along with I **** it out, its the reason I poop a lot. Not my crohns, but the protein.

Thank you biskit, I will be showing them that article when I get back from thanksgiving break.

Haha jewfro, took me a while to get that one.
Crohns is for sure no fun. Hope you don't like asparagus, corn or any other fibrous or indigestible veggie. Luckily just means you get to eat more meat.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:27 PM #21
BCdude
The O-fishel

Ya, usually it isn't bad as long as I watch what I eat. It sucks when I eat a bunch of bad food, then I destroy some toilets/my *******.

NCSU Paintball