PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-12-2011, 01:43 AM #22
Scharfschutze91
I love Pump

if you guys need help setting up, I can help. I play pump only though, but as fat as helping and recruiting and locations to play and getting paint sponsors I could help. I was doing the same for the FIU team here until everyon failed and disbanded. (just as an FYI, i play stock class/ modified stock class with a pistol phantom and I hold my own both woods and speed)...

Best fields to play at:

Action town florida in miami
And medley in miami
We also have

Extreme Rage not so good...
And head shots in deep south miami which is very good also.
And hot shots in west palm beach about 1 hour + from miami which is an excellent field

Ruff'N Tuff closed down from what i understand and re-opened as Action town florida.
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.".

Last edited by Scharfschutze91 : 07-12-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2011, 11:45 AM #23
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Splat7 supports Team VICIOUS
Splat7 plays in the APPA D3 division
Thank you for the advice everyone, as it stands right now we will be creating a University of Miami team. We hope to start competing in NCPA by this time next year. Anyone else who is interested please post up here or pm me

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

2011 CFPS Series Champions D4X
2012 CFPS Series Champions D4X
Splat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:49 PM #24
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Among ATFL, Medley, Headshots, and Hotshots, are any of them Valken Dealers?

If so, I may change the place I play. Especially if it will help the UMiami club get some type of paint sponsorship from Valken.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:10 PM #25
lax22

i'm transferring there this fall as a sophomore. In high school i played uspl and psp along with regional tournaments. I'm interested in ballin but due to playing lax and possibly joining a frat i'm not sure if i'll have the time and money to play paintball.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:08 PM #26
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax22 View Post
i'm transferring there this fall as a sophomore. In high school i played uspl and psp along with regional tournaments. I'm interested in ballin but due to playing lax and possibly joining a frat i'm not sure if i'll have the time and money to play paintball.
okay sounds good, i understand about the not having time thing, paintball is going to be on the back burner for most of us. The most that I plan on practicing right now is twice a month with one of those practices being drills. Its just mainly going to be for fun and to play in some tourneys while representing UM. We will see how it goes once everyone gets there, probably wont really start working on it until a month after school starts.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 PM #27
I305I Knucklez
)\/( ! /\ )\/( !

I305I Knucklez plays in the PSP
I305I Knucklez plays in the APPA D4 division
My friend and i have always dreamed of play under UM colors at NCPA(we live in miami) but dont go to UM, maybe next year i will!... right now we play for Annihilators Rage (D4) and been playing competitived for 2 years now (CFPS) and going to world cup this year. only thing is that we play at OPP in ft. myers (ya two hour drive and we make the trip twice a month) just cause its organized, very friendly and they gave me and my friend a chance to play competitive!! so we do have the drive to play competitive, also i had heard nothing but good things from the Annihilators family. (they have D2, D3, and two D4 lines)

That being said my friend and i would love to play with u guys for like local tournaments like CFPS and what not or just to practice with u guys and help u guys out and support Miami paintball!!!

Also when i play down here i usually go to headshots, its bring ur own paint and 15 to play with all day air! never played at medley but heard they are field paint only and expensive. anyways wish u guys the best of luck!!! C-A-N-E-S CANES!!!! lol sorry i'm a big football fan too
Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 PM #28
Irish916
eThug

Irish916 plays in the PSP
I started the ncpa team for CSU. Talk to Greg who runs FAU's team. He could definitely give you some advice and point you in the right direction. He helped me set the club up here.

Don't worry about who's down, who can afford to play or any of that **** right now.

Start the club and do the necessary things like write the constitution, attend the officers meeting, get a faculty adviser, etc. UM won't have the same exact steps but I'd bet they're similar enough.

After you have the club set up people will start coming out of the woodwork. Make some progress and people will notice. Talk means nothing. You've probably missed interested players when they sign on to UM's club list. They see there isn't a paintball club and think "**** idk what I'm doing to set this up" or "I don't like paintball that much, it's fun but not worth the effort to set a club up."

I started a thread much like this and got the typical one page of responses. Most were people saying good luck or high school seniors saying they've applied [glad to hear but it doesn't help...]. I found the 1 person I was looking for with enough experience to be an officer and met a second officer through him who played with a d2 psp team here.

From there us 3 did what we could and got things set up and eventually held a meeting to find new players. We put up fliers on bulletin boards in the dorms, dining halls and in our student center. Roughly 30 people showed up and 3 of them actually started attending practices. Regardless those 30 people told all their friends and I ended up getting calls from people with an interest in playing resulting in a solid roster of 5-7 guys.

From there we started practicing and people started noticing and I got more pm's on here and added probably 4-5 additional people.

Do what you can do now and if people like what they see you'll get more players.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:49 AM #29
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by I305I Knucklez View Post
My friend and i have always dreamed of play under UM colors at NCPA(we live in miami) but dont go to UM, maybe next year i will!... right now we play for Annihilators Rage (D4) and been playing competitived for 2 years now (CFPS) and going to world cup this year. only thing is that we play at OPP in ft. myers (ya two hour drive and we make the trip twice a month) just cause its organized, very friendly and they gave me and my friend a chance to play competitive!! so we do have the drive to play competitive, also i had heard nothing but good things from the Annihilators family. (they have D2, D3, and two D4 lines)

That being said my friend and i would love to play with u guys for like local tournaments like CFPS and what not or just to practice with u guys and help u guys out and support Miami paintball!!!

Also when i play down here i usually go to headshots, its bring ur own paint and 15 to play with all day air! never played at medley but heard they are field paint only and expensive. anyways wish u guys the best of luck!!! C-A-N-E-S CANES!!!! lol sorry i'm a big football fan too
Okay sounds good, I will definitely pm you about practices and such to help the team out. And I remember seeing you play and you would be a great addition to the team.

pic of us from last year lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish916 View Post
I started the ncpa team for CSU. Talk to Greg who runs FAU's team. He could definitely give you some advice and point you in the right direction. He helped me set the club up here.

Don't worry about who's down, who can afford to play or any of that **** right now.

Start the club and do the necessary things like write the constitution, attend the officers meeting, get a faculty adviser, etc. UM won't have the same exact steps but I'd bet they're similar enough.

After you have the club set up people will start coming out of the woodwork. Make some progress and people will notice. Talk means nothing. You've probably missed interested players when they sign on to UM's club list. They see there isn't a paintball club and think "**** idk what I'm doing to set this up" or "I don't like paintball that much, it's fun but not worth the effort to set a club up."

I started a thread much like this and got the typical one page of responses. Most were people saying good luck or high school seniors saying they've applied [glad to hear but it doesn't help...]. I found the 1 person I was looking for with enough experience to be an officer and met a second officer through him who played with a d2 psp team here.

From there us 3 did what we could and got things set up and eventually held a meeting to find new players. We put up fliers on bulletin boards in the dorms, dining halls and in our student center. Roughly 30 people showed up and 3 of them actually started attending practices. Regardless those 30 people told all their friends and I ended up getting calls from people with an interest in playing resulting in a solid roster of 5-7 guys.

From there we started practicing and people started noticing and I got more pm's on here and added probably 4-5 additional people.

Do what you can do now and if people like what they see you'll get more players.
Okay thank you so much, I hope that we will be able to get a good solid 5-6 players within the first semester and see how it goes from there. Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it. I'm learning most of my info from just reading this thread.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 AM #30
I305I Knucklez
)\/( ! /\ )\/( !

I305I Knucklez plays in the PSP
I305I Knucklez plays in the APPA D4 division
Lmao no way how funny I saw this pic a long time ago! Ya just let me know man I would be more then happy to help out!
Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM #31
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

Hey we formally need 25 ppl to get the club started. That shouldnt be hard if we make sign ups free for the first 25 members.

I am relying on you Splat7 to simply get a ton of signatures in the freshman hall.

However, out of the 25 we still need about 2 more players to get a competitive team going.

so basically...bumping this thread to see who else may have missed this the first run through.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 PM #32
SoFla-Balboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai19
Hey we formally need 25 ppl to get the club started. That shouldnt be hard if we make sign ups free for the first 25 members.

I am relying on you Splat7 to simply get a ton of signatures in the freshman hall.

However, out of the 25 we still need about 2 more players to get a competitive team going.

so basically...bumping this thread to see who else may have missed this the first run through.
I'll be a member but I don't go there..I live next to UM tho
Old 08-08-2011, 08:51 PM #33
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

Yea the signatures have to come from students. But I appreciate your support and will pball with you whenver I can get out to the field.

The other problem is the University gym (Wellness Center) won't store our paintball gear for us. I thought this was a reasonable compromise as William & Mary let me do this after they said that they could not let students keep them in their dorm rooms, but they shot it down. I replied saying that this is fine, don't shoot down the club simply because of that. We will figure out a way to store them outside campus at the local field .

Can you technically still form a NCPA team without it being a school club?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:15 PM #34
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

Answered my own question.

http://ncpapaintball.com/faqs/

So splat7 whenever you get back hit me up. We may have to be a NCPA club first before we become recognized by the school.

That way we can show the school what we are about. From my first meeting with the Student Activites and emails, its seems they are pretty put off with the idea simply because it is paintball...I hate how people judge the sport not knowing anything about it.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 PM #35
SoFla-Balboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai19 View Post
Yea the signatures have to come from students. But I appreciate your support and will pball with you whenver I can get out to the field.

The other problem is the University gym (Wellness Center) won't store our paintball gear for us. I thought this was a reasonable compromise as William & Mary let me do this after they said that they could not let students keep them in their dorm rooms, but they shot it down. I replied saying that this is fine, don't shoot down the club simply because of that. We will figure out a way to store them outside campus at the local field .

Can you technically still form a NCPA team without it being a school club?
can it be any students? b/c i have some friends that go there...i might be able to get them to sign..

it would be pretty cool to see a UM paintball team..so im still going for u guys even tho i cant play lol...

Last edited by SoFla-Balboa : 08-08-2011 at 09:33 PM.
SoFla-Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 PM #36
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

Yea ANY students. If you could please do. I'll PM you my email if they respond back. I'll meet them on campus to sign the list.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:21 PM #37
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Answered my own question.

http://ncpapaintball.com/faqs/

So splat7 whenever you get back hit me up. We may have to be a NCPA club first before we become recognized by the school.

That way we can show the school what we are about. From my first meeting with the Student Activites and emails, its seems they are pretty put off with the idea simply because it is paintball...I hate how people judge the sport not knowing anything about it.
yeah I sent you a few pm's, but basically I think we should talk to some people face to face to show them that it is not dangerous and can actually benefit the school. I mean if not then we will just form a club that isn't recognized by the school, but I don't know if the school would like us representing UM without actually being recognized by them or not getting there permission to do so.

And yes need as many signatures as possible, and any students will help.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 PM #38
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

Well, I believe, the University of Central Florida is not officially recognized yet, so they just go by Knights paintball in the NCPA. Technically, we could do that same as the NCPA allows this. We'll go by Hurricane Paintball and do the same. They seem to be doing well for a club that is only 1 year old.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3444384

But I agree, the best thing would be to get recognized by the school for funding purposes, but if we don't that won't stop us.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:54 PM #39
SoFla-Balboa

Quote:
Yea ANY students. If you could please do. I'll PM you my email if they respond back. I'll meet them on campus to sign the list.
alright..i will start asking
Old 08-10-2011, 05:53 PM #40
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

Thanks. I'll pm you me email so you can give them something to contact me by.

Again, thanks, I appreciate any help and support i can get. Starting up is always the hardest thing.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:29 PM #41
m0nst3r_920

I AM SO DOWN TO PLAY! I want to get a team going, so if you guys are still trying to do this, please reply. I've been playing paintball since I was little... Used to play a decent amount of speedball tournaments in 9th/10th grade, but then we kind of stopped, and I sold most of my ****. Been dying to get back at it. I am currently a sophomore at UM, and i'm in Army ROTC. Let me know whats good... Still have my Angel A4 Fly Rasta w/ virtue, and if this gets going I'd re-cop some grills or a spectra, a tank, and a dye rotor or something.
m0nst3r_920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:34 PM #42
fathulk91219

up for it

Guys, i go to UM and im down. If you need signatures I have a few people that are willing to sign up. How far is the club into complete formation?
fathulk91219 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups