Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-28-2011, 04:45 PM #1
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Splat7 supports Team VICIOUS
Splat7 plays in the APPA D3 division
Last Attempt for University of Miami Paintball Team

Okay so I have posted a few times over the past couple of months about a University of Miami Paintball Team and I have usually gotten little to no response. I am going to attempt one more time to see if there is any interest at all in a University of Miami paintball team and to see if anyone on here currently attends University of Miami and wishes to be a part of the team. I don't even care if you have any competitive paintball experience, just the desire to play competitive paintball is all that is necessary. So Post up if you attend University of Miami and are interested in starting a paintball team there.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

2011 CFPS Series Champions D4X
2012 CFPS Series Champions D4X
Splat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2011, 07:30 PM #2
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
It might be a good idea to just go to the Miami area fields and recruit people for Miami team but perhaps without being a pure student team. If the team got up and going easier that way, then people would be more inclined to pursue the team if it was already up and going. I know you wouldn't be able to do the NCPA with the non-student members but the CFPS would be open to getting the name out there.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:36 AM #3
Nojoda
N00B

try posting up that you want to start a paintball club at U.M. in the wellness center. I don't go to u.m. but fiu... thats where ive seen stuff move like the racquetball club for instance... it all started at the wellness center.

Like mentioned above, try to put together a few players from rec games that you see can move pretty well, and go from there... local teams are a better idea as oppose to schools...
Nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 AM #4
miaboosted4g64
Paintball Master

ill be down to start a team in miami.what type of team you trying to start 3 man 5man or 7man
miaboosted4g64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 AM #5
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Yeah I might be able to just find more people by putting it in the wellness center like you said, I mean not everyone who plays paintball is on pbnation lol. And I guess it is a good idea to just start a University of Miami team with just local players to get the name out there and maybe get some more interest.

I would want to play Xball or 5man, Miaboosted4g64 are you attending University of Miami or are you just interested in starting a team in miami?

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 06-29-2011, 09:45 PM #6
miaboosted4g64
Paintball Master

no i dont go to um i would like to start a miami team thats all
miaboosted4g64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 PM #7
OldCrow
Spectrum Warfare

Don't create a UM team without UM students that doesn't make any sense. Then it would just be a team. I know there are plenty of students there who play ball. Just make sure you get your info posted somewhere they will see it or try to get student services to send a mass email for you. I am actually a bit surprised you didn't get any responses on this forum. Good Luck.
OldCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:52 AM #8
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCrow View Post
Don't create a UM team without UM students that doesn't make any sense. Then it would just be a team. I know there are plenty of students there who play ball. Just make sure you get your info posted somewhere they will see it or try to get student services to send a mass email for you. I am actually a bit surprised you didn't get any responses on this forum. Good Luck.
okay thank you, i was beginning to think that there weren't too many players at UM. Im going to put something up in the wellness center about it when I get there and hope that I got some feedback on it. And the student services thing sounds like a good idea as well. Thank you for the advice

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 07-05-2011, 08:47 PM #9
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I'm planning on transferring in. I helped start the club at The College of William & Mary.

First off, what are the best paintball fields within 30 minutes of driving distance of UM?

Based on that you can see if you can set up a rec ball club and try making a deal with the local field nearby.

Two, what are UM's policy on Paintball markers, if they are considered firearms you will have to make some type of compromise with the school on how to store them. Most likely, they will make you store them at the Wellness Center.

Third, the big thing you must realize is that it will be very hard to set up a speedball team within your 4 years at the college due to monetary reasons. Unless, UM gives out more money than WM it will be very hard to find a place to practice.
This is where the local field comes in. Even if you set up a small 3 man speedball team you will be able to get a small paint sponser. If not that at least you have a practice field that won't be too far to discourage ppl from going.

Lastly, I will let you know if I commit to UM so we can get together. I am 50/50 between the University of Miami and the University of Georgia.

Good luck either way.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 PM #10
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

Sorry for double post.

Is Extreme Rage the best paintball field in the Miami area? I'm looking on the nation and see there are 3 fields closer to the Miami area (Action Town Florida, Ruff N tuff paintball, Medley Paintball Park).

The only reason why I'm assuming extreme rage is the best is because Miami Rage plays there.

I'm from NJ, not too familiar with the Miami paintball scene. I hope it is as big down there as it is in NJ.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:26 PM #11
DUVALKID904

i got a friend that goes there i believe that plays. ill give him a call for you and let you know if hes for it. hes been telling me how much he misses playing
DUVALKID904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:14 PM #12
cwbrsx
ZP

cwbrsx plays in the PSP
cwbrsx posts videos on PbNation
cwbrsx plays in the APPA D1 division
cwbrsx supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai19 View Post
Sorry for double post.

Is Extreme Rage the best paintball field in the Miami area? I'm looking on the nation and see there are 3 fields closer to the Miami area (Action Town Florida, Ruff N tuff paintball, Medley Paintball Park).

The only reason why I'm assuming extreme rage is the best is because Miami Rage plays there.

I'm from NJ, not too familiar with the Miami paintball scene. I hope it is as big down there as it is in NJ.
Miami Rage no longer exists

Macdev * HK Army * Empire
cwbrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:58 PM #13
lethedrummerkick
Free Agent

lethedrummerkick plays in the APPA beginner division
extreme rage for speedball is by far the worst park in florida, no real turf, no refs, no serious players there. Go to hotshots to medley for better pb
lethedrummerkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:36 PM #14
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

ok thanks for the heads up. I don't follow the pro league to closely. I just try to focus on my game.

I guess then Medley is the best, closest park to UM.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM #15
ps3954
Word is Bond

ps3954 plays in the PSP
ps3954 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai19 View Post
ok thanks for the heads up. I don't follow the pro league to closely. I just try to focus on my game.

I guess then Medley is the best, closest park to UM.
Your best bet is either medley(http://medleypaintball.com/) or atfl. both will cost about the same if you dont get a deal(around 45 with a case of paint per person). note that atfl has sand instead of grass, but you can get ur paint from certain stores(gotta pay 15 for entry if you do) so it might be easier to get better prices when buying in bulk from them. medley is fpo with diablo heat.

ps3954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:58 PM #16
sofla(dvs)
TCK

sofla(dvs) plays in the PSP
sofla(dvs) plays in the APPA D2 division
sofla(dvs) is All In
sofla(dvs) is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3954 View Post
Your best bet is either medley(http://medleypaintball.com/) or atfl. both will cost about the same if you dont get a deal(around 45 with a case of paint per person). note that atfl has sand instead of MUD WITH PATCHES OF GRASS, but you can get ur paint from certain stores(gotta pay 15 for entry if you do) so it might be easier to get better prices when buying in bulk from them. medley is fpo with diablo heat.
fixed

SplatAttack.com
sofla(dvs) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:32 PM #17
ps3954
Word is Bond

ps3954 plays in the PSP
ps3954 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla(dvs) View Post
fixed
hater

but yeah mud with patches of green stuff

ps3954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 PM #18
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Yeah ive heard that Medley and Ruff n Tuff are the better fields down there, and im not sure about the gun policy, but i thought it was okay to have in your dorm room as long as it was disassembled and your roommate didn't have a problem with it.

And I know it will be hard to get a competitive team within 4 years, but I feel like I should be able to do it. And I figure that the more we win the more money the University will hand out to us, and I plan on winning quite a lot.

And definitely let me know if you decide on Miami, and thank you to the other guy who is contacting his friend at UM about it.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 07-08-2011, 07:10 PM #19
Coreyman123

Im down to start a team at UM we just need to form a club
Coreyman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:38 AM #20
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyman123 View Post
Im down to start a team at UM we just need to form a club
Nice, sounds good. So we got two right now lol. What year are you?

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 07-10-2011, 09:43 PM #21
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

FYI I have decided to go to the University of Miami.

"I'm in Miami trick, Drink all day, Play all night, Let's get it poppin', I'm in Miami Trick."

So I am down to help start a club/team. Transfer orientation begins August 17th, so I should be down there soon to look for apartments (if you know any places in walking distance of campus, please let me know).

Also, I'll make sure to find my stuff and the documents I used to set up the William & Mary club. Any letters that would discuss why UM should have a club, and how we (members of the club), can safely store paintball markers on campus if an off campus option is not avaiable.
The storing of markers is more of a formality, most people still kept their equipment in their dorm rooms.

And no matter what based on the information on this thread it seems that I will be playing at Medley simply because it is the closest field. Unless Bigshots or Headshots paintball down south are better.

Pce, look forward to ballin' in Miami

Last edited by ShadowSamurai19 : 07-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.
ShadowSamurai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups