PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-29-2011, 04:50 PM #1
ishoot

New organic paint fill!

This post was previously a News Up advertisement and has since expired. The content of this post has been masked due to the expiration. If you would like to revive the contents of this post click here to add News Ups to this thread.

5946 US Hwy 51 South Janesville WI 53548

Visit our site 608pb.com

Last edited by ishoot : 04-01-2011 at 07:09 PM.
ishoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2011, 04:51 PM #2
ishoot

New organic paint fill!

For the past three years H.Grael in conjunction with a major paintball manufacturer has been involved in the production of an environmental friendly thermally stable organic paintball fill. The product is nearly ready for release to the paintball world. At the April 10th game at the Edge Paintball in Janesville WI. The first 70 players will be involved in product testing this revolutionary new paintball. Some of the advantages of the new fill are larger splats, Doesn’t stick to vinyl or plastic (rolls off inflatable bunkers without cleaning) highly water soluble cleans off close with just water. “ When the game is done a survey needs to be filled out by each tester recording their observations. Here is a once in a lifetime chance to affect the future of paintball.

Your chance to be an official paint tester is??
What: Edge spring Headquarters game.
When: April 10th 2011.
Where: Edge Paintball Experience
5946 US Hwy 51 South Janesville WI 53546.

Headquarters game rules.
1. Your team Red or Blue must control the headquarters area for 7 min total; each minute of control is worth 10 points 70 pts total.
2. Control is gained by turning on your teams colored light Red or Blue.
3. A timer will start and record each minute a team controls the HQ
4. The headquarters are randomly placed on the field and can be located by a loud beeper.
5. Once a team has controlled a headquarters area for 7 min (70pts) that headquarters area is destroyed. An explosion will signify the destruction of the HQ.
6. After the destruction of an HQ a new HQ will open within 5 min somewhere on the field.
7. If you are eliminated from play you will return to your respawn area, each time a dead player arrives a new player can reenter the game. One player in the dead box in one player out (make sure your old hits are cleaned before reentering the game.)

Visit our site 608pb.com
Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM #3
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Looking forward to this event. Already signed up and have 6 of us going plus my old team. Should be a blast!

I had a chance to shoot the paint a few weeks ago. Shot a case through an EGO8 in 45 degree temps. No barrel breaks. Shot very straight. Broke on target. Looks to be pretty good stuff

btw - i'm not affiliated with this paint supplier. Just giving my honest opinion.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:02 PM #4
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
Your videos do not denote which ones are the new product and which ones are not. I could assume, but clarity would be helpful.

It would also be good to see it shot at some paintball clothing to see the abosortion rate. Does it show a hit as long as a normal paintball?

Interesting product. I will be looking to see how it develops.
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:10 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I believe the yellow paint is the organic paint.
I'm pretty interested myself, would like to try this and some hydrotech myself.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM #6
R3L
CCM is not a verb

What does "organic" mean in this context? Grown without pesticides? Containing carbon atoms?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 PM #7
a.n.boyd@cox,net
It's a fairytale town.

a.n.boyd@cox,net donated to help Peyton Trent
a.n.boyd@cox,net helped look for balloons
a.n.boyd@cox,net owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
a.n.boyd@cox,net supports Bob Gurnsey
If these cost even one penny more than regular paint they have no utility. There are no performance or even environmental reasons for "organic" paintballs. This kind of thing makes me so angry, they're simply trying to exploit a niche that's overcrowded and useless as it is.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM #8
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.n.boyd@cox,net View Post
If these cost even one penny more than regular paint they have no utility. There are no performance or even environmental reasons for "organic" paintballs. This kind of thing makes me so angry, they're simply trying to exploit a niche that's overcrowded and useless as it is.
How do you figure? Did you miss this:
Quote:
Some of the advantages of the new fill are larger splats, Doesn’t stick to vinyl or plastic (rolls off inflatable bunkers without cleaning) highly water soluble cleans off close with just water.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:24 PM #9
wutup?? (Banned)

Quote:
they're better for many reasons if all statements are correct.

-washes easier. better for fields cleaning bunkers, rentals, etc. you see how caked those get after a while with normal paint...
better for players gear.

-doesn't get affected by temperature means fields and players can probably keep the same paint on the shelf for longer and has better performance in different weather.

-it's organic

if they were maybe a $1 more than the average case of field rec paint at dealer cost, i see it as an improvment. more than that, no.
wutup?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 PM #10
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymiusII View Post
Your videos do not denote which ones are the new product and which ones are not. I could assume, but clarity would be helpful.

It would also be good to see it shot at some paintball clothing to see the abosortion rate. Does it show a hit as long as a normal paintball?

His is the yellow by virtue of his claims of bigger splat and easier cleaning

Quote:
There's plenty of environmental reasons. I know of places where paintball can't be played because of the fear of damage to the environment. If this can be shown to have no impact then paintball can be played there.

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 PM #11
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Does it come in .50 caliber?

Should be interesting to see if this catches on as field paint. I know the development process on this has been quite intensive. Look forward to trying some out at some point.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:34 PM #12
KidInfamous
There can only be One

Annual Supporting Member
KidInfamous plays in the PSP
KidInfamous donated to help Peyton Trent
KidInfamous supports Team VICIOUS
KidInfamous posts videos on PbNation
KidInfamous is a top reviewer
KidInfamous is Legendary
KidInfamous is Boss
My one concern is if it rolls off the bunkers and barely needs cleaned what about jerseys and hoppers and etc...
It seems good but it just seems like a thinner or watered down fill thus the bigger splat. But i would like to see what it does on jerseys and gear. because if it can be wiped even easier then that will be a problem. If anyone has been shot by evil you know how it turns to like a puddy in seconds making it really hard to wipe while other paints come off easier. My concern is that this paint maybe too easy to wipe off. via a slide or pressing against your bunker.
ASMC
Erie LandSharks
PittsburghAllAmericanHeroes
Youtube Channel CLICK IT!
Macdev Militia
KidInfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:35 PM #13
wutup?? (Banned)

i can see playing in rain a problem tho...
wutup?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM #14
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
So what is it exactly that make you angry??

The possibility that it could cost more, even though there was no mention of cost? (unless I missed it)
The fact that they are using the word "organic", but they didn't clarify what makes it organic so you choose to assume they are "exploiting" something even without proof in either direction.
You feel there are no "performance or environmental" reasons for this, even though if they have less impact on the environment it is a good thing, even if it isn't a "necessary" thing.
They have "no utility", even though if they do clean up better/quicker that could be an amazing utility for a field owner to cut labor time/cost or downtime for cleaning during the day.

Or was it because they state "highly water soluble cleans off close with just water"? That's what makes me so angry, I went and kicked my neighbors puppy because I get livid when people misspell simple things like "clothes" in an important post about a new product. :imgoingtoassumepeopleknowwhatbelongshere:

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 PM #15
Fred67x
Texas

Annual Supporting Member
Fred67x plays in the PSP
Fred67x is playing at Living Legends VII
Fred67x supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutup?? View Post

"Take Risks If you win you will be happy;
If you lose,you will be wise."
Fred67x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 PM #16
stalker19 (Banned)

stalker19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stalker19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stalker19 supports Team VICIOUS
looks like plain and simple thinner fill ...of course high end turny balls are thicker...i would like to see what your running it against
stalker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:26 PM #17
TIJUANAIRONMAN

TIJUANAIRONMAN is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutup?? View Post
Or underwater
TIJUANAIRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 PM #18
pballguy86
Iconik

They honestly didn't seem THAT much better. In the second video, the splat was barely bigger. And the only reason it washed off quicker was because the hose was closer to it in the video. It wasn't very controlled in the washing video.

Not buying it so far.
D&D Paintball|Philson Inc. Anodizing
Old Feedback
New Feedback
pballguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 PM #19
receiver545
www.PBHeadshots.com

receiver545 plays in the PSP
receiver545 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
receiver545 supports Team VICIOUS
receiver545 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballguy86 View Post
They honestly didn't seem THAT much better. In the second video, the splat was barely bigger. And the only reason it washed off quicker was because the hose was closer to it in the video. It wasn't very controlled in the washing video.

Not buying it so far.
but yet they put the hose closer to the regular paint, a few seconds later and ever raised the pressure and it still look longer to come off. Someone needs to watch the full video.

receiver545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 PM #20
The_BC_08
Conflicting all over you

The_BC_08 plays in the PSP
The_BC_08 plays in the APPA D4 division
The_BC_08 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The_BC_08 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInfamous View Post
My one concern is if it rolls off the bunkers and barely needs cleaned what about jerseys and hoppers and etc...
It seems good but it just seems like a thinner or watered down fill thus the bigger splat. But i would like to see what it does on jerseys and gear. because if it can be wiped even easier then that will be a problem. If anyone has been shot by evil you know how it turns to like a puddy in seconds making it really hard to wipe while other paints come off easier. My concern is that this paint maybe too easy to wipe off. via a slide or pressing against your bunker.
seems more field owners/rec baller driven as a market not tournament players. Might not be bad as a practice paint tho

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE

BOOM-WISEGUYS| Guerrilla Air | Planet Eclipse | KEE/EMPIRE | The Badlandz |
The_BC_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 PM #21
ishoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymiusII View Post

The white hits are a current national brand the yellow hits are organic.

John

Visit our site 608pb.com
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.