Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2011, 04:33 PM #1
Kapapalani

Spyder Pilot ACS issues

Hey, Got my friends Spyder & am attempting to fix it according to the diagram its missing a "Striker spring guide & flat disc" (which goes right behind Striker spring guide)
Ok issue is, that the gun fires but has to pull bolt back everytime. any help?
Kapapalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2011, 06:17 PM #2
Sydarm

Hrm, I have not had this exact issue myself. But keep in mind that you are missing parts, and they are there for a reason. I think perhaps since your mainspring is sans the guide and disc that it may not be sitting or staying flush. It could well be binding during re-cocking and thus preventing it.

It could be an entirely different reason...but I recommend that you obtain those replacement parts.
Sydarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:33 AM #3
Droideka
(⌐■_■)

Droideka has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It's a little metal disc that doesn't do a huge amount. Does the gun act likes it's out of air? A friend of mine had that problem. One shot and then the gun wouldn't fire the next one, but it always acted like it was out of air.
Turned out to be a valve pin spring problem. It was too tight and wasn't releasing enough air to push the bolt all the way back.
Droideka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:42 AM #4
Mirad
Cocker frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droideka View Post
It's a little metal disc that doesn't do a huge amount.

How else are you supposed to shoot 285 fps with that piece missing? It helps compress the main spring when your tightening your velocity adjuster.
Just cut a small piece of galvanized steel into the shape of the flat disc or buy the flat disc for $1-2

Make sure you have enough C02/Air. The marker will stop working if the tank isn't pushing a certain amount of psi. Check each piece to make sure their isn't anything blocking the gas starting from the asa, to the steel line, into the gas thru grip, into the volumizer chamber, and then into the body.

I'm assuming this is a stock marker with no changes to the springs especially.
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 PM #5
Kapapalani

It shoots then I have to cock it back again so it'll fire it
Kapapalani is offline   Reply With Quote