Community Focus

Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 AM #1
Austeller18

Austeller18 is a Paintball photographer
Austeller18 plays in the MiLP
Austeller18 posts videos on PbNation
Austeller18 is Legendary
Demon vs Luxe

So I currently have a luxe and I'm thinking about getting a demon. The demon seems a lot like the luxe so I wanted everyone's unbiased opinions on it compared to the luxe
Austeller18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2011, 12:57 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Hmmm doesn't look like anyone has both yet. Might be a bit early still.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 PM #3
AznPballin
FORTUNE

AznPballin is an NCPA player
AznPballin plays in the APPA D5 division
AznPballin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well in the review that is in this forum as well, the owner actually has owned 2 Luxe's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohen_fetters View Post
[center]
Update:
Found some reballs laying around so i decided to air it up and shoot some in my room. First thing i did was put a ball in the breech to check for roll back. Again i am using reballs. There was about 1mm-2mm rollback i would say til it settled on the bolt face. After that I began to shoot one ball at a time and all i could say was wow. Being an avid Luxe owner (owned 2) I couldnt be happier with the performance so far. the luxe is no longer the smoothest and quietest gun on the market. There was virtually no kick (not exaggerated) and is as quite as a luxe outside and im shooting it in a 15'x20' room with cinder block walls. Tomorrow I have practice at Camp Pendleton and will get a good review and effecinacy numbers for you tomorrow night. If you wanna come check it out ill be at the tournament park at 730am and be practicing with my team Sabotage.
Review
Negatives:After getting past the OMG!!! Is that a Demon this morning at the field i set up to go to the chrono. To my surprise it was shooting super low around 240's. I backed the reg screw as far as it would go and still couldn't get it over 260. so i raised the dwell to 15 and problem solved. later on in the day i went back to rechrono and was shooting hot around 308 i lowered the dwell back down to stock 13.5 and was shooting 288 +/-5 with no adjustments to the reg. My only other complaint about the gun was as being a snake player and doing a lot of diving the asa screws began to wiggle themselves loose to the point where the gun went down in a middle of a game. idk if the are locktighted on there but i will be investing in some locktight for sure.
Positives: First thing i did this morning was snap shooting and the gun worked flawless. it was very accurate and easy to aim down. probably to the good feel in the hands similar to the the luxe. After awhile we began to scrim. i noticed that after adjusting the trigger it still felt a little strong due to only having magnet return and no spring return. Using the 685 barrel and delta force paintballs i was consistently getting g's because it is pretty accurate. I noticed around 3pods per 1k psi give or take. After it started to warm up in the socal sun it felt like the gun really settled down and got dialed in. after practice i grabbed my demon and a teammates luxe and did side by side comparisons with a few teammates, i.e kick test, efficiency, accuracy, feel and sound. we all agreed that the demon excelled in all the categories over the luxe for the most part. i would say the demon is also quieter just barely due to the crisper sound signature then the "airy" sound sig of the luxe.

If i missed anything feel free to shoot me a pm or leave a post on this thread i check it frequently. will try and get and accurate eff. test next week cash was to low to waste a case of paint
Old 06-27-2011, 01:28 PM #4
cohen_fetters
Got em' Coach

cohen_fetters has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
^ ftw. Austeller pm me with any questions you may have ill be glad to answer them to the best of my knowledge

cohen_fetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:34 PM #5
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
I'd be glad to help as well. I've owned Luxes, Victorys, Creeds, etc. And I can honestly say that the Demon out performs my Luxe. My teammate had both his Luxe and his Demon at a tournament we were playing this weekend, and the Demon shot flawlessly. Quieter, and smoother than the Luxe. Vanguard did an outstanding job with this Marker!

We had two Demons on the field this weekend and they were awesome...now just waiting for mine to come home from Anodizing.

Oh, and by the way, after the tournament, we called Eric and told him we needed more Demons, all my guys loved them.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM #6
bigbridge77
Shoot or Be Shot

bigbridge77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigbridge77 supports Team VICIOUS
Ok so I have a clone coming in in a few days and I really want to shoot one but now that i read all these posts about the demon being AMAZING and a lot better than the luxe I want to try it out. What should I do?
Blink Ego 10
bigbridge77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM #7
Austeller18

Austeller18 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbridge77
Ok so I have a clone coming in in a few days and I really want to shoot one but now that i read all these posts about the demon being AMAZING and a lot better than the luxe I want to try it out. What should I do?
Shoot mine when I get it...
Old 06-29-2011, 03:24 PM #8
bigbridge77
Shoot or Be Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austeller18 View Post
Shoot mine when I get it...
Ok. When is yours coming in?
Blink Ego 10
Old 06-29-2011, 03:29 PM #9
Austeller18

Austeller18 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbridge77

Ok. When is yours coming in?
Havent bought it yet, but I'll have it in like a month or two....
Old 06-29-2011, 03:31 PM #10
bigbridge77
Shoot or Be Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austeller18 View Post
Havent bought it yet, but I'll have it in like a month or two....
Oh ok. If i dont like my clone then I'll just trade or something.
Blink Ego 10
Old 06-30-2011, 04:36 PM #11
Jacob-Murry
Almost pro..not

Jacob-Murry plays in the PSP
Jacob-Murry plays in the MiLP
Jacob-Murry is playing at Living Legends V
Jacob-Murry owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I havent shot the Demon yet but i have owned every highend gun around and I currently have a LUXE 1.5. As far as Im conserned there isnt a spool out there that can beat it. I will go ahead and tell you the luxe has the demon beat in ergonomics. But I do understand that when it comes to ergonomics it all has to do with personal prefernce. As far as smootheness and sound signiture go, I currently can't say which is better. But I will say the luxe has beat all others. I'm sure I will end up buying a Demon sooner or later so I will be able to give everyone an honest anser as to which is better.
Houston Heat Fan #21

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫
Jacob-Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 PM #12
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Sure why not pay 1500.00 for a british girl to talk to you from your grip frame.

I have owned both markers and in my opinion the maintenance and upkeep on a luxe is just way to much of a headake. The maintenance on the demon is prolly the most simple maintenance you will see from a macroline less spool todate. Along with OLED board stock in the Demon, efficiency on the luxe is poor with 6 maybe 7 stock, 8 pods with mods. Demon giving an impressive 9 out of the box, 12 once broken in and tuned. I would have to say hands down the feel, efficiency and overall performance from thr Demon well exceeded even our expectations once everything came together. Im not in this fora fashion show nore a pissing contest on who can spend more money on a marker that can be sold for just over 1000 dollars and will give the big boys in the industy to be woried about.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM #13
team_Static_Age

team_Static_Age owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
team_Static_Age supports Team VICIOUS
next zodiac vs demon -_- btw honestly demon looks great. Luxe is just a beefed up macroless shocker that talks to you. For a 40 I will sit behind you and tell you everything. . GUn on...
team_Static_Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 PM #14
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Jacob, as somebody who has owned both, I can tell you, that your assumptions are incorrect. The Demon is the first marker that I can honestly say beats out the Luxe in every aspect.

I am Sponsored by Vanguard, but I promise I am not saying this just to pump up the Demon. I bought my Luxe at the factory directly from Darryl when I was sponsored by Smart Parts. Until this past week, I never could have imagined a better marker, but now the Demon is here, and it's almost $500 cheaper than a Luxe.
www.deadboxsports.com

Old 06-30-2011, 06:22 PM #15
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Plus, I'm currently working on a Furbie upgrade for the Demon so not only will it talk to me, it will learn words too...
www.deadboxsports.com

Old 06-30-2011, 07:53 PM #16
bigbridge77
Shoot or Be Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper (ACI)
Plus, I'm currently working on a Furbie upgrade for the Demon so not only will it talk to me, it will learn words too...
How much is the upgrade?
Blink Ego 10
Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 PM #17
Jacob-Murry
Almost pro..not

Jacob-Murry plays in the PSP
Jacob-Murry plays in the MiLP
Jacob-Murry is playing at Living Legends V
Jacob-Murry owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTNPOO View Post
Sure why not pay 1500.00 for a british girl to talk to you from your grip frame.

I have owned both markers and in my opinion the maintenance and upkeep on a luxe is just way to much of a headake. The maintenance on the demon is prolly the most simple maintenance you will see from a macroline less spool todate. Along with OLED board stock in the Demon, efficiency on the luxe is poor with 6 maybe 7 stock, 8 pods with mods. Demon giving an impressive 9 out of the box, 12 once broken in and tuned. I would have to say hands down the feel, efficiency and overall performance from thr Demon well exceeded even our expectations once everything came together. Im not in this fora fashion show nore a pissing contest on who can spend more money on a marker that can be sold for just over 1000 dollars and will give the big boys in the industy to be woried about.
I love how this guy automaticaly thinks I'm bashing his companys marker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper (ACI) View Post
Jacob, as somebody who has owned both, I can tell you, that your assumptions are incorrect. The Demon is the first marker that I can honestly say beats out the Luxe in every aspect.

I am Sponsored by Vanguard, but I promise I am not saying this just to pump up the Demon. I bought my Luxe at the factory directly from Darryl when I was sponsored by Smart Parts. Until this past week, I never could have imagined a better marker, but now the Demon is here, and it's almost $500 cheaper than a Luxe.
This could very well be true! I personaly have had a bad experience with my first creed. My second one was better, very smooth and quiet. But it chopped paint alot. I honestly hope the demon shoots better than the luxe, I'm anxious to shoot something new.
Houston Heat Fan #21

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫
Jacob-Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:19 PM #18
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

[quote=Jacob-Murry;72060706]I love how this guy automaticaly thinks I'm bashing his companys marker. [quote]
Read it again smart guy! No where did i say you are bashing nore did i imply this anywhere. What is said was u paid 1500 for a british girl tell u how to turn your marker on and less efficient.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 PM #19
AznPballin
FORTUNE

AznPballin is an NCPA player
AznPballin plays in the APPA D5 division
AznPballin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob-Murry View Post
This could very well be true! I personaly have had a bad experience with my first creed. My second one was better, very smooth and quiet. But it chopped paint alot. I honestly hope the demon shoots better than the luxe, I'm anxious to shoot something new.
Well this is a whole new bolt design. From what I have been hearing, it is a great piece of work as well.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 PM #20
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by team_Static_Age View Post
next zodiac vs demon -_- btw honestly demon looks great. Luxe is just a beefed up macroless shocker that talks to you. For a 40 I will sit behind you and tell you everything. . GUn on...
I do that already for free. Yelling cross field, dumb *** turn your gun on and it will shoot!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:26 AM #21
team_Static_Age

team_Static_Age owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
team_Static_Age supports Team VICIOUS
Eyes off.. thats why your chopping *******.. eyes on.. there ya go... now move up you been sitting at your bunker for 10 mins...
team_Static_Age is offline   Reply With Quote