Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-26-2011, 10:51 AM #1
ChaseR

9.6V battery on original defiant.

Anyone know If I can use those 9.6v batteries from Kingman? I have a **** load of those spyder batteries so can anyone think of a reason why I wouldn't be able to?

I posted this in the bob long forum too which is apparently not the way to do it.
ChaseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2011, 11:17 AM #2
Evil

Evil is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I dont see why you couldnt. Most 9volt batteries test out well above 9 volts brand new so the 9.6 will make no difference. I personally prefer to use Lithium medical grade 9volts as they last 3x as long as a regular 9volt, they also test out at ~11.4 volts new.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:17 PM #3
ChaseR

yeah I ended up taking the chance and sticking it in there.. I even put one in my Rainmaker and two of them in my 12V revvy.

excellent.. I think on payday im going to order about $100 worth of these batteries.

Come to find out the "****load" of batteries I had about 50% of of them wont take a charge anymore but they are old and have been in storage.
ChaseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:49 AM #4
BARB3R

If they work, use them
BARB3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:46 AM #5
Evil

Evil is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
ya rechargeables go bad if they sit for long periods of time without being used, i have heard that you can freeze them and then zap them back into life. or at least that what i think i remember reading. i know there are several tutorials if you google it. you could end up with several that work.