ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM #127
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

The_Leech is playing at Living Legends VI
The_Leech plays in the APPA beginner division
The_Leech has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Leech supports Empire
Yet my team mates still find the time to do it for the most part. Nonnie and Baker live in Maccomb for school and they came out and set up the netting this year.

I support the CHICAGO HERETICS
The_Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 PM #128
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

has been a member for 10 years
aloooooexx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aloooooexx supports Pev's Paintball
aloooooexx plays in the APPA D5 division
You are heretics, you are the undisputed best team out there when it comes to helping fox.
aloooooexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:32 PM #129
CIKhobbies

We just practiced at fox Sunday. They had two fields that had the A on them none of the airball fields had the old X. As for deflating all the bunkers held air and an employee came around and had to let air out of them because where expanding to much due to the heat.
CIKhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 PM #130
pvllpbshooter

pvllpbshooter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloooooexx View Post
Ive been at college. Its hard to volunteer at a paintball field when you are 3 hours away.

If you cant take constructive criticism then go ahead and keep doing what you are doing. Just don't expect tourny ballers to come back. The only thing that saves you is your YG tournies, and as soon as they graduate that, they leave to different fields. There isn't a significant drop in tourny ballers. I go to CPX (i havent been to badlandz) but I see the same old faces from back in the day. This is your field and all that, but this forum is for discussing fox paintball and I am discussing improving.

When was the last time the xball field had lines spraypainted on it? 07, 08? Things used to be high quality at fox.

straight up false with the A being set up, I wish i had pictures to back me up.
All I have to say is kids like you is the reason I don't play anymore. When I started playing Fox was booming all the time with players playing on the old 5 man setups with no complaints ever. I spent a few lonely friday nights up at the field setting up the airball the way the players would want it mimicking bits and pieces of different layouts and people loved it(I will say the '04 Toulhuse snake still the best). Now for some odd reason this young generation of players has the skill of a rock and relies on playing a layout instead of becoming a better player. You whinny little punks want the world and do nothing in return but ***** and complain. After awhile it gets really ****ing old. I know Tim dropped a lot of money in 2007 to setup that xball field even with all the help a bunch of us put in but I look at it from Tim's standpoint...people wanted xball and he got a field and people *****ed it was the 05 bunkers and not 06. He got an 06 bunckers and people *****ed he didn't have an 06 X. He got an 06 field and people *****ed 07 bunkers were gonna be different. Whats funny is when I started playing no one gave 2 ****s what bunkers were on the field. CPX will go down the drains soon enough. Look at what happened to everything badlands put in for the 04 Chicago open. Looks like a ****ing bomb went off on that ****. Next time before you ***** why don't you ask how you can help. Sure you're in college but maybe a little help over the summer when they need it is better than being an E-hero and *****ing online.

Paintball aint what it used to be

0Gr3 V2.0 Beta tested
pvllpbshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:47 PM #131
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

not a chance CPX will go down the drains with LSD supplying paint and a compressor with legit staked out practice layouts. Leprechaunz isnt around anymore and **** has changed. Change with it or do your own thing. Im just saying the speedball has slacked around fox and its not because of a lack of players, they have just gone somewhere else.

Im not asking for a miracle, im just saying we should pick up the slack and stop acting like its perfect out there. Im not being an E-hero, im just talking about my favorite field on its respective thread in a paintball forum.

Its a lot harder to get people to volunteer at a paintball field during the summer. You were there for one game mike and then left because it was too hot. I for one have summer classes and a degree to get and thats a lot more important to me than anything else. I have a hard time getting home to practice with my team let alone spend time fixing the field. Also when I am home, I much rather be with my family. Fox paintball isnt my job.

However, I do have an hour after homework and work to browse pbn and talk paintball. Im not bashing or flaming, im just saying that its a joke to believe that our speedball is as nice as it is.
Oh and the missing blowers? Check your staff.

I love fox paintball, Id hate to see it turn into operation paintball.

Last edited by aloooooexx : 07-28-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 PM #132
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

it wont. Fox has been around for the longest in it's area and it still stands strong. It has the best scenario in the fall, and the best open play year round. They do well on open games, and private groups alike.

You also forget, speedball isn't the only thing they cater, and in my opinion even since before i was sponsored at this field, the woodsball fields are the best laid out and best taken care of in the area. I won't get into details, I don't want to bad mouth other fields.

Honestly, I am happy though if its anything BUT three rivers paintball in Pittsburgh. That place is terrible. Entire bunkers made of moldy tree bark, unsafe buildings, and refs that freaking bird dog you.

Edit- Missed my point on the woodsfields.

Last edited by The_Leech : 07-28-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM #133
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Leech View Post

You also forget, speedball isn't the only thing they cater Truth, fox has the best woodsball in the area, and in my opinion even since before i was sponsored at this field, they are the best laid out and best taken care of.
If you truly believe that fox has the best speedball in the area, best laid out. and taken care of best then I am stopping here. We disagree so much that there is not going to be a conclusion any time soon.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 AM #134
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

I am sorry, I ment woodsball fields. I don't know how I forgot to place those two words down.

My opinion on what the best speedball is, is purely, non existent. It's not because I don't play speedball, heck, before the heretic's it's all i DID. I just simply have never been wow'ed by whats good or what's not in a field for speedball. What stuck out in my mind was how nice the staff was and the how nice the players were.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 AM #135
DBShellshocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvllpbshooter View Post
All I have to say is kids like you is the reason I don't play anymore. When I started playing Fox was booming all the time with players playing on the old 5 man setups with no complaints ever. I spent a few lonely friday nights up at the field setting up the airball the way the players would want it mimicking bits and pieces of different layouts and people loved it(I will say the '04 Toulhuse snake still the best). Now for some odd reason this young generation of players has the skill of a rock and relies on playing a layout instead of becoming a better player. You whinny little punks want the world and do nothing in return but ***** and complain. After awhile it gets really ****ing old.
This was the best thing I've read in a while and couldn't agree more. You or anyone you know looking for a team?
DBShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:40 AM #136
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

i couldnt agree less.

knowing and practicing a layout before a tournament is a huge advantage. especially when it is accurate.

skill is needed to win said tournament.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:06 AM #137
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

here is a picture of a tourny baller on a sunday in late may

those fields look great!

Last edited by aloooooexx : 07-28-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 AM #138
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VI
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VII
I have no problem with a fox member expressing concerns about their field. I know many people, including myself, have an emotional attachment to fox and would like to not only see it just succeed, but to flourish. Constructive criticism and even a little griping is highly acceptable if you ask me.

BUT bickering about it and arguing back and forth is just creating clutter which could hurt the field. Fox does need to make some changes IMO, but turing away possible players with 2 pages of bickering is not going to help.

<3 Fox.

LU_aDaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 AM #139
PYROMAN

Quote:
here is a picture of a tourny baller on a sunday

those fields look great!
Talk about false advertising. The grass field on the right has had the netting repaired for over a month, and the MWXL field has been set up (With the RACER A) for close to a month now on that field. The field was expanded to the new layout sizing for 2011, gridded, and the bounderies were all painted in orange marking paint.
VICIOUS BUNNIES requested that layout, Fox made it happen.
Il longest running Young Guns Tournament Series
WWW.SPLATTERZONEPAINTBALL.NET
Xtreme Fantasy Role Playing Games

Last edited by PYROMAN : 07-28-2011 at 08:41 AM.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:42 AM #140
NR_Predator

Though my opinion may not matter as Iím not only a sponsored player I am also a woodsball player. This wonderful body is not built for speed! (Okay, stop laughing!) I am however continuously and proudly promoting Fox paintball. Being a paintballer since only pump guns where the only thing you could get on the fields Iíve seen many changes. This year every time Iíve been at the field, the ďspeed ballĒ fields have been up and running. Even before and after scenarios on scenario events. I know Down N Dirty came out in force and worked the front fields as part of our obligations to make things better but it was also done because we play there. I personally live far away and have work and family obligations. I also LOVE the sport and have found a home I want to see stay running. I have and will continue to offer help to my home field because of what they offer.

So, if thereís an issue, Ray is not a hard person to talk to. Seeing all this junk page after page of opinions and accusations is more than silly. Even in the posted picture I canít see whatís set up behind the big red creature in the image. If you love the sport, promote it. If you want to help, then help. If you want to make suggestions, then make them. Be prepared for others to make their own decisions regarding them as well when posted publically.
NR_Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:57 PM #141
DBShellshocked

Quote:
PLUS, if you look at the "cut-out", and look just left of his head (even to the right of it for that matter), THERE IS A ****ING SPEEDBALL FIELD UP!! (...2 probably b/c of the 3 man YG field AND the 5man field being up) NOT ONLY THAT BUT IF YOU ZOOM YOU CAN SEE A ****ING BIG A. GO AWAY YOU TROLL.

LOL seriously zoom in to the left of the cut-out's head.... WAY TO PROVE ALL OF OUR POINTS LOL. I'd seriously just disappear off the IL threads for a while after that one.

Last edited by DBShellshocked : 07-28-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 PM #142
PYROMAN

OUTSIDERS
CHICAGO UNDERGROUND KIDS
BLUES CLUES
CHICAGO CRISIS
WINDY CITY INVASION
TEAM NO SHOW
FAMOUS
EXCLUSIVE
ACHILLES X
LSD KIDS

Looks like this will be a great event this month.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:24 PM #143
ybekool

ybekool plays in the PSP
ybekool owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ybekool supports Team VICIOUS
ybekool plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
Talk about false advertising. The grass field on the right has had the netting repaired for over a month, and the MWXL field has been set up (With the RACER A) for close to a month now on that field. The field was expanded to the new layout sizing for 2011, gridded, and the bounderies were all painted in orange marking paint.
VICIOUS BUNNIES requested that layout, Fox made it happen.
And we are forever grateful for it =D thanks a lot for all you do for us and to you and Tim for running a great field.
ybekool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:55 PM #144
DBShellshocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybekool View Post
And we are forever grateful for it =D thanks a lot for all you do for us and to you and Tim for running a great field.
Definitely. Fox is a GREAT place, and the people who run it are a part of that! They've ALWAYS gone out of their way for us!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 PM #145
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBShellshocked View Post
Definitely. Fox is a GREAT place, and the people who run it are a part of that! They've ALWAYS gone out of their way for us!
Wait, who are you again? (LOL)
Old 07-28-2011, 10:19 PM #146
CIKhobbies

Looks like is going to be an awesome tournament. Good luck to all the other teams I look forward to seeing everyone. Is great to be back in the sport and have places like Fox around for us to play at.
CIKhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:10 PM #147
pvllpbshooter

pvllpbshooter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
i couldnt agree less.

knowing and practicing a layout before a tournament is a huge advantage. especially when it is accurate.
wrong...practicing a layout makes you a player that develops bad habits. Players rely too much on how the field is "supposed" to play.

Quote:
skill is needed to win said tournament.
agree...about the only thing I can agree with you on.

And on your comment about me playing one game I definitely played some open game before you got there and played the entire first mission of the mini scenario so not sure what you're talkin about. And I want you to trash talk the other guys that also left with me cause it was hot. You're just another punk *** kid in my eyes that never did anything and talks like they won it all.

Paintball aint what it used to be

0Gr3 V2.0 Beta tested
pvllpbshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups