Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM #106
iLovPieNCake

LU_aDaK, What is that thing. Does it even shoot paint ?
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2011, 01:02 PM #107
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VI
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLovPieNCake View Post
LU_aDaK, What is that thing. Does it even shoot paint ?
Zodiac Renegade, The ZR1
The company and the marker are brand new to the market. It should arrive this week, in which case I will be bringing it out to Fox on Sunday. I will be lending it out to anyone that wants to give it a roll - the rest of the time I will be rolling with it

LU_aDaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:56 PM #108
PYROMAN

Deadline is 7:00pm THIS THURSDAY! (7/28).
Drop payments off at the Fox Store, Fox Field, fax it in, put the payment in the mail, or call me direct (630)803-7658.

Four new teams signed up for this months event so far. This will change everyones game plans!

OUTSIDERS
CHICAGO UNDERGROUND KIDS
BLUES CLUES
CHICAGO CRISIS
WINDY CITY INVASION
TEAM NO SHOW
FAMOUS
EXCLUSIVE

Standings are now posted at
WWW.SPLATTERZONEPAINTBALL.NET
Il longest running Young Guns Tournament Series
Xtreme Fantasy Role Playing Games

Last edited by PYROMAN : 07-25-2011 at 07:06 PM.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 PM #109
Stridez

Stridez is playing at Living Legends VI
Stridez owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stridez supports Team VICIOUS
Stridez is attending Decay of Nations VII
Stridez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:58 PM #110
VeS206

VeS206 is playing at Living Legends VII
Anyone coming out to fox tomorrow. Supposed to be 92. Not to sure how many will show tho
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 PM #111
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeS206 View Post
Anyone coming out to fox tomorrow. Supposed to be 92. Not to sure how many will show tho
92? Thats like Blizzard conditions round these here parts, lol.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 PM #112
PYROMAN

More info posted SOON!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM #113
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
^^ bout time!

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 PM #114
PYROMAN

53 days to go, thats plenty of time, lol.

Last edited by PYROMAN : 07-26-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 AM #115
BerserkSteak

Anyone going on friday?
BerserkSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 AM #116
VeS206

VeS206 is playing at Living Legends VII
Ill be back from mexico on the 17th. Ill be there.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 AM #117
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

has been a member for 10 years
aloooooexx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aloooooexx supports Pev's Paintball
aloooooexx plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
We have bunkers, we have grass & SOD, we dont have rocks, there are no holes, and putting up and taking down 2000' of 20' netting and 1000' of 10' netting may sound like fun, but trust me, ive done it, MANY TIMES, and it sucks. Seems to do more damage putting up and taing down. Besides, we have no place to store all that netting, and mice love nesting in netting over the winter too.

So, whats not maintained at Fox? All of the bunkers ALL hold air in the morning. They may go down at times, but only after being run through by players. Not a big deal, we just air them up and fix em for next week.
We have built it, we maintain it, we even ran $2k worth of power and airlines to the Pits. Tourny play is just down right now, and not enough players to go around for every field out there.
Not the first time we have seen a low in tourny play. Happens every 3 to 4 years. Were already on the upside of this as we have seen alot more teams back at Fox over the past few months.
taking down nets in the winter is part of maintenance. not having a storage locker free of mice is not an excuse. youve got to be kidding me when you say all bunkers are blown up in the morning. Sure you spent 2k on the pits, but look at the condition of them now. Maintenance is cheaper than replacing things.
aloooooexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:27 PM #118
DBShellshocked

dude, are you kidding me? I'll step in on this one...

Taking down the netting isn't part of maintenance when you actually use the netting in the winter... Last time I checked Fox doesn't close the field down in the winter time (other than the random really bad weather day) and hyperball fields don't deflate.

Fox has FULL 4500 fills(how many fields can even say that??), all the time just feet from the field. They always have one if not 2 different airball fields up every weekend, their bunkers stay inflated almost all day (maybe a couple bunkers here and there that need a tap-off), and are inflated when the open games start or most of the time even earlier. Their fields are gridded, and the dry spell this year has made for very good conditions (no mud).

I'm there every other weekend, if not every weekend sometimes. Come see me sometime when I'm there.

Last edited by DBShellshocked : 07-27-2011 at 12:39 PM.
DBShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:56 PM #119
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBShellshocked View Post
Taking down the netting isn't part of maintenance
xball field? and yes. taking down netting is maintenance.

fox is my favorite field, but lets be real here.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:08 PM #120
legalgunsrule
Former owner of Coop

Alooooexx Do you own a field? Cause you seem to know a lot about running one. If you do I would love to check it out sometime. Otherwise I would stop being a twat. You made your point in your first point there is no need for you to continue. Go back under your bridge.

Where trolls come from.
Aurora IL 60505

legalgunsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 PM #121
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

The_Leech is playing at Living Legends VI
The_Leech plays in the APPA beginner division
The_Leech has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Leech supports Empire
I think we need to cool our jets a bit here. Alooooex has brought up concerns, but I don't think he knows completely on the whole how fox operates and works. Fox has been alive for now over 20 years, and in the past many it's been under the supervision of Tim and as well as Ray. They both know how to run, how to work, and what makes them stay alive.

The last thing anyone can do about it all, is continuously criticizing the issues when he himself isn't doing anything about it.

Aloooex, if you want "better" bunkers. Go ahead and buy them and donate them to the field please. If you want better anything, do your part to get it there. I don't see you there on fox clean up days after a storm. I don't see you coming mid-week to finish up the work that needs to be finished.

But you're right, there are things that need to be fixed, and things do come in time. For the moment let us be a community, let us be friends who enjoy something together, and let us keep playing paintball.

I support the CHICAGO HERETICS
The_Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:51 PM #122
PYROMAN

Deadline is 7:00pm THIS THURSDAY! (7/28).
Drop payments off at the Fox Store, Fox Field, fax it in, put the payment in the mail, or call me direct (630)803-7658.

OUTSIDERS
CHICAGO UNDERGROUND KIDS
BLUES CLUES
CHICAGO CRISIS
WINDY CITY INVASION
TEAM NO SHOW
FAMOUS
EXCLUSIVE
ACHILLES X

Standings are now posted at
Old 07-27-2011, 08:55 PM #123
crazyskier537

crazyskier537 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Its going to be 10 teams. Pretty good!
crazyskier537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 PM #124
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Leech View Post
I think we need to cool our jets a bit here. Alooooex has brought up concerns, but I don't think he knows completely on the whole how fox operates and works. Fox has been alive for now over 20 years, and in the past many it's been under the supervision of Tim and as well as Ray. They both know how to run, how to work, and what makes them stay alive.

The last thing anyone can do about it all, is continuously criticizing the issues when he himself isn't doing anything about it.

Aloooex, if you want "better" bunkers. Go ahead and buy them and donate them to the field please. If you want better anything, do your part to get it there. I don't see you there on fox clean up days after a storm. I don't see you coming mid-week to finish up the work that needs to be finished.

But you're right, there are things that need to be fixed, and things do come in time. For the moment let us be a community, let us be friends who enjoy something together, and let us keep playing paintball.
im not there every weekend helping out midweek. but i spent a weekend helping put up those posts for the xball and xball pits. They looked great brand new but its sad to see them deteriorate.

also, i never said better bunkers. Its just that they are never up. Nobody wants to play on a field where your bunker collapses midgame and you are forced to bump to the next bunker. leave a leaf blower where we can get to it if thats what we have come to expect, its what everyone else does for their ****ty bunkers.

Do we even have an A? or do we still have the X? nuff said.

i figured id just suggest things that normal people expect from tourny ball since fox is my favorite field.

Last edited by aloooooexx : 07-27-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:46 PM #125
PYROMAN

This will be my last post on this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloooooexx View Post
im not there every weekend helping out midweek. but i spent a weekend helping put up those posts for the xball and xball pits. They looked great brand new but its sad to see them deteriorate.
Well, its paintball. Everything looks great brand new. Nothing will last forever, and sinced the 4x4's are still holding up the netting and serving their purpose, no sense in wasting money buying new ones.

Quote:
also, i never said better bunkers. Its just that they are never up.
Really? You must be coming out to play in Jan thru April each year. There has not been one week where we didnt air up the bunkers on X BALL or SUPAIR when we had 10+ players, unless we were in the middle of repairs or setting up a new field. We dont run any Airball on weekdays.

[quote=aloooooexx;72376557]
Nobody wants to play on a field where your bunker collapses midgame and you are forced to bump to the next bunker. leave a leaf blower where we can get to it if thats what we have come to expect, its what everyone else does for their ****ty bunkers.
QUOTE]
Gee, and why do you think we dont leave the blowers down there. Everytime we do, team players top off the bunkers, leave it on the field, and it gets destroyed during the game (Unless someone steals it first).
We started off this season with three $300 gas blowers. Now were down to one.
Besides, we have a Staff Member scheduled to work every week for Team Practice on Sat and Sun. His job is to fill the bunkers, check wristbands, watch the air fill station, keep the area clean, and top off bunkers as needed. This Ref has 7 different speedball fields to watch. If you need something, why not ask? Our Team Practice Ref would get right on it.

Quote:
Do we even have an A? or do we still have the X? nuff said.
Seriously, when was the last time you were at Fox? We have three X's that we havnt used on X BALL in two years. We have had both of our A's set up every weekend this year since we started setting up the fields. Nuf said? That comment makes no sense to me.

Quote:
i figured id just suggest things that normal people expect from tourny ball since fox is my favorite field.
If Fox is your favorite field, then start acting like Fox is your favorite field. We appreciate everyones feedback, and typically try to comply with what players want/need, within reason. Taking down netting may be what fields did back in the 80's, but we dont do that anymore.
Until you actually work at a Paintball field, and fully understand what the day to day operation's are, you will never know what it takes to keep the doors open for 20+ years.
EVERYTHING takes time and money. I put in well over 100 hours each week, and Tim puts nearly every cent made back into the business.
You said you were there helping to set up the PIT area. Hell, that was over four years ago. Where have you been lately? These other guys that see things that need repair or changed usually ley us know, then we set up a time and the ones that want something usually pitch in and help get it done.
NUFF SAID

Last edited by PYROMAN : 07-27-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:52 PM #126
aloooooexx
AGG 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
You said you were there helping to set up the PIT area. Hell, that was over four years ago. Where have you been lately? These other guys that see things that need repair or changed usually ley us know, then we set up a time and the ones that want something usually pitch in and help get it done.
Ive been at college. Its hard to volunteer at a paintball field when you are 3 hours away.

If you cant take constructive criticism then go ahead and keep doing what you are doing. Just don't expect tourny ballers to come back. The only thing that saves you is your YG tournies, and as soon as they graduate that, they leave to different fields. There isn't a significant drop in tourny ballers. I go to CPX (i havent been to badlandz) but I see the same old faces from back in the day. This is your field and all that, but this forum is for discussing fox paintball and I am discussing improving.

When was the last time the xball field had lines spraypainted on it? 07, 08? Things used to be high quality at fox.

straight up false with the A being set up, I wish i had pictures to back me up.

Last edited by aloooooexx : 07-27-2011 at 11:03 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups