PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-15-2015, 05:46 PM #1
Nosaj2189

Southern Illinois paintball?

Hey there, I have been out of the sport for about 9-10 years. I drove around and realized that none of the fields I use to go to are still around. Anyone else here play near Carbondale/Marion area in the So. Illinois? I am mostly into the speedball but it doesn't seem like there is anything left. Closest I have found is Xtreme in Millstadt, IL which is almost 2 hours away.
Nosaj2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2015, 07:32 PM #2
Ragu310

I forwarded your info to a guy on Automags.org who plays down there to see if he could help. He is Blackdeath1k. I used to play down there when I went to SIU down there. I used to play in Anna and Carterville.
Ragu310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:58 PM #3
Brandonhenk

I live in Marion/Harrisburg and I play speedball. I don't really have a place to place close but I go to silver spur splat to play and I travel or tournaments. If you want to contact me for more info text me at 618926080two
Brandonhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:07 PM #4
Brandonhenk

I travel on tournament* also I build a field in carrimills just a little fun thing for friends I made a speedball and a woodsball speedball field.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:06 AM #5
Nosaj2189

Thanks Ragu310! I sure do miss the field in Carterville. If a field doesn't survive right next to the busy 4 lane highway, i'm not sure it will anywhere
That Silver Spur Splat is about two and half hours from where I live (Cobden). Carrier Mills being right at a hour though. I do have some left over PE bunkers from while back. I remembered I patched them and probably have around 12. Who knows what condition they are in now.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:47 PM #6
Brandonhenk

Well if you find out that they are in working shape I might be interested in buying them if you want to sell.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:11 AM #7
Blackdeath1k

Hey. I'm the guy ragu commented about. Had to get help from admin to get past the filters in login from a phone.

But anyways. I've been playing in and around southern IL since 94. And you are correct. There is basically nothing here now. Used to be hole in the wall fields everywhere. And a few very good private fields. Since you are in Cobden I'm guessing the sikeston field is your closest bet. Its actually north of sikeston right off 55. So probably less than an hour from you. From what I can tell all the Paducah fields are gone. There are a few in the stl area. And one north / west of Evansville IN. I did play locally with a scenario team as a merc. But from what I can tell they gave up on the lack of enthusiasm locally and strictly do scenarios only now. I suspect they will do there anual halloween game in elkville. But i dont know that to be fact. My funding hasn't alloud me to play any good scenarios for quite some time. Honestly any more due to lack of local support I've only played a few times a year at a friend of mines private/church field. Its by far the nicest private field I've ever played on. And very cheap with good paint. My wife was about in tears she has had to miss there last 2 big games. Anyways I'm local to the Marion area with my own hpa fill and chrono. I just no longer have access to the private field I used to play on. I'd be interested in playing with respectable non cheaters. And my wife would make us a pair. Background for me is primarily speedball and aggressive front man. Wife does good cover and secondary player.

As for your airsop equipment. Not much electrical in there to go wrong. Push come to shove I'm sure it could be bypassed with pressure switches to make run.
Blackdeath1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:56 AM #8
Nosaj2189

Brandonhenk: I'm not really interested in selling them unless things turn for the worse and can never get anything going again.

Blackdeath1k: Glad you could get the login straightened out.

I've looked into the field in Sikeston, which I completely forgot about. From the looks of their website, they only do paintball by appointment only so we would have to show up with the correct amount of players. I have set up my own private field before here in Cobden. I'm all for private fields if there are enough players to show up. Carterville/Marion area is more centrally located for all the people I know that are interested. Then on occasion show up at a more established field just to mix it up. I also have a Scuba tank, fill station, and a handheld chrono. I'm sure it needs hydro'd along with the rest of my gear but that shouldn't be a problem seeing as I only filled it up 3 times.

I am obviously interested in just about anything, just want to play. My brother is interested in starting up again and I have gotten a few guys from work interested in playing again. Only a couple of the ten or so guys from work have played speedball before.

I was talking about my Planet Eclipse (I think) air bunkers. I purchased a smaller field from Xtreme paintball in Millstadt a couple years ago and fixed quite a few of them. Roughly 12 were holding air before they went into storage so I am not sure of their condition anymore.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:02 AM #9
Brandonhenk

Hey, I live in Marion and I was wondering if you can fill scuba tanks if not could you fill my paintball tank? This is my first year of playing paintball and here are some pics of the field I built. The woods ball one is hard to see. Also now that it is summer the weeds on the woodsball field are a lot worse. http://s448.photobucket.com/user/bra...g.html?filters[user]=143588460&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1
http://s448.photobucket.com/user/bra...g.html?filters[user]=143588460&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
Old 07-17-2015, 10:13 AM #10
Nosaj2189

I cannot fill scuba tanks. The only place I know of now is a scuba diving place in Metropolis which is somewhat close to my work. The fill station is only from the Scuba tank to my own paintball tank. I'm not able to fill any tank at the moment since the Scuba tank is a year late on the annual hydro haha.
The pics for me are both showing errors.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:16 AM #11
Brandonhenk

I would be happy to come out and help put up a field and I got a buddy who could come as well. We are both beginners but are always trying to play and have fun.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:19 AM #12
Brandonhenk

Nosaj that's fine I have a fill station just need to fill the tanks up I got them hydroed this year but still haven't got them filled. I will work on the picture when I'm done working.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:24 AM #13
Ragu310

Sounds like you guys will be getting some games going soon. I'll join you if I come down to visit otherwise it's a 5-6 hour drive for me.
Ragu310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:34 AM #14
Nosaj2189

Hopefully so. Have land, just need some bunkers regardless if mine stay up or not.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:50 AM #15
Blackdeath1k

I've got 2 friends with hpa compressors. One is in Marion. One is in Benton
The Marion one would be more reliable to get ahold of. All gear must be in hydro for him to dill it though.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:52 AM #16
Blackdeath1k

Ragu. I'm Sposed to go up to pbexplosion some time this summer to play with some of the wife's friends. She graduated from Palestine. Her sister from harper I think up by round lake.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:31 AM #17
Brandonhenk

Black Death could his compressor fill scuba tanks mine are all in date but they have not had an visual check.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:06 PM #18
Brandonhenk

http://email.photobucket.com/wf/clic...w-2FedRkR78K3X
Old 07-17-2015, 12:20 PM #19
Blackdeath1k

Brandon. He fills my scuba and marker tanks. He also fills his 140lb bulk tanks. I know what he charges me. But don't know his official prices. I have personally tried to buy the compressor off the friend of mine in Benton. So far no go. Only time they use it is if they fill my scuba. Both are 4500psi compressors.

Anything within a 1 hour 1 way trip is a blink of the eye decision to play for me and the wife baring paint on hand. I'm bad about riding to Evansville or sikeston after work just to get dinner. So anywhere semi close I'm game for if the players are respectable.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:01 PM #20
Nosaj2189

Guess I should by the bulk tank! Good pics Brandon.
I have a long weekend this week so hopefully I will get the leaf blower out and see if anything airs up and will let you all know what happens. If they don't, could always do the typical pallet/tire/bArrel field going. If all goes well this year I'd consider investing into more options. They have used airball fields on the store owner threads here on Pbnation. I work evenings 3pm-11pm, my brother and coworkers have same hours but with different days off. So most mornings is fine and I will be off Sunday Monday's here soon (right now tue/wed).
Old 07-17-2015, 03:45 PM #21
Brandonhenk

If you don't care black death could I get his phone number? Also me and my friend are respectful and are out to just have fun and have a good time. If you ever need help building a field I can help and probably get stuff to build one for free also. Right now I'm busy Monday through Thursday with school but other then that I'm free.
ReplyRegional Ups