Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-21-2011, 05:06 AM #1
Jiggins

Vibe, need help with what to upgrade.

Right, i got the vibe on 2009 Christmas day and it was a Gift from my Brother, as do not see my brother anymore due to him moving away, and the Paintball gun was a gift from him to me with sentimental value i would rather upgrade the Vibe then get a new marker.

As Smart Parts have re-named and rebooted the series of guns. Im just wondering is there anything i could get to upgrade my Vibe.

I've recently purchased a 3000psi tank so i no longer use Co2. But from experience from you guys/girls im just wondering what else could i upgrade to improve my performance with my vibe

what sort of Barrel should i get and what thread does it need to be? and what size?(i have no clue as i am new to owning my own marker),

What Trigger should i get for the vibe? (as i do not know what will fit in the frame ect)

What Hopper? i currently use Gravity Hopper (as im not sure if i get a higher priced hopper will it help the feed or will the balls just break or not feed as good)

Should i consider getting a Blackheart board or any Board which will again increase the performance of my vibe.

What new ASA should i get for the Vibe? (as i need a better one because the stock feels like its chewing the threads away)

And what new Macroline should get for the vibe as i would like a new one.

Sorry for all the questions just want to get into paintball and enjoy it and "Pimp" out my Vibe without being mocked for not having a higher standard gun. if anyone could link me to where i could get the new parts from or just tell me the name of the products i should get i would be more than happy. Thank you for your time for reading.

Jiggins
Jiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2011, 12:10 AM #2
CharlieJ98

CharlieJ98 posts videos on PbNation
CharlieJ98 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I have a halo b v35 w/ rip drive for sale if you want to buy it i used it on my vibe.
CharlieJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:53 AM #3
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggins View Post
Right, i got the vibe on 2009 Christmas day and it was a Gift from my Brother, as do not see my brother anymore due to him moving away, and the Paintball gun was a gift from him to me with sentimental value i would rather upgrade the Vibe then get a new marker.

As Smart Parts have re-named and rebooted the series of guns. Im just wondering is there anything i could get to upgrade my Vibe.

I've recently purchased a 3000psi tank so i no longer use Co2. But from experience from you guys/girls im just wondering what else could i upgrade to improve my performance with my vibe

what sort of Barrel should i get and what thread does it need to be? and what size?(i have no clue as i am new to owning my own marker),

What Trigger should i get for the vibe? (as i do not know what will fit in the frame ect)

What Hopper? i currently use Gravity Hopper (as im not sure if i get a higher priced hopper will it help the feed or will the balls just break or not feed as good)

Should i consider getting a Blackheart board or any Board which will again increase the performance of my vibe.

What new ASA should i get for the Vibe? (as i need a better one because the stock feels like its chewing the threads away)

And what new Macroline should get for the vibe as i would like a new one.

Sorry for all the questions just want to get into paintball and enjoy it and "Pimp" out my Vibe without being mocked for not having a higher standard gun. if anyone could link me to where i could get the new parts from or just tell me the name of the products i should get i would be more than happy. Thank you for your time for reading.

Jiggins

You can still get Vibe parts from GOG Paintball. Just call them.

It's good that you got compressed air instead of CO2, it should make the marker more consistent (which means more accurate).

I like CP on piece barrels because their cheap and good for the price, but a barrel kit would be ideal. Usually 14" barrels are the most common. If I had to choose just another barrel, I'd get a .685 14" CP in your choice of color.

I left the stock trigger on my Vibe (it works fine) but Trinity paintball did make an aftermarket one with ball bearings in it.

Any hopper that is a forcefeed hopper will allow you to shoot a lane of paint without having a dryfire in there (which probably happens with your gravity fed hopper). However, without a blackheart board you won't be able to shoot faster than 11 bps anyways. So you don't need anything faster than say....a VL Revolution (commonly called a Revvy) to feed that fast. But if you can pick up a cheap Halo or Empire B (like below) for cheap, do it.

The blackheart can increase the performance of your Vibe, because you can adjust so many other things, but if you don't know what you're doing with adjusting the settings, then no it won't. If you're content with how your Vibe shoots now, then don't get one. If you think your gun needs eyes (sensors in the breech that won't allow the marker to shoot unless their is a ball in the chamber) then get a blackheart. The only reason I got one, was because I got a different bolt and I like to tinker.

There are many ASA options, CP makes a solid one as does Bob Long and a few others as well. It's totally personal preference, but if you want a quality one, be prepared to pay around $30+ for one.

That's just it, you have steel braided hose if the stock configuration is on there. For macroline (there are many colors as well) you need the hose (usually ordered 1 foot at a time in your color of choice) and two fittings. You will need at least one straight one to go in the reg, and depending on the ASA you get you'll need either another straight one or a 90 degree one. They also make these in different colors as well.

For all the people that diss your Vibe, tell them to mind their own business or they can buy you a $1000 marker for you to use. My vibe is one of the most consistent guns (and for $100-$200 you can't beat the consistency) I have. Oh and I still use the stock barrel lol.

Here is a really long post to answer your really long post. That's all I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieJ98 View Post
I have a halo b v35 w/ rip drive for sale if you want to buy it i used it on my vibe.
That's a good hopper to buy. Just don't talk about prices in here, PM him.

Oh and I have one or two for sale too.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:35 AM #4
Jiggins

Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated
just wondering how could i improve the trigger on the vibe?, just it seems to click before its full pressed back?
Jiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:40 AM #5
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Just needs some adjusting.

There is the post travel screw that is in the trigger, and then there is a screw between where the grip frame and trigger guard meet. Where you put your hands when you hold the gun. Probably have to remove the grips to get to it.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 PM #6
nomotoe

nomotoe is BST Trusted
nomotoe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I use a halo B loader but with a 4-battery adaptor (saves me batteries since I don't need 20bps...Vibe's capped at 11 balls per sec), CP one piece 14' barrel 693 bore, and a NDZ on-off ASA.

I love this marker....feels great and you can keep up with the more expensive ones no prob. I never got the blackheart since I'm a rec player and never felt the need to go past 11 bps
nomotoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:54 PM #7
saltforker19

I love the dye ultralight and viewloader hopper
saltforker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:54 PM #8
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomotoe View Post
I use a halo B loader but with a 4-battery adaptor (saves me batteries since I don't need 20bps...Vibe's capped at 11 balls per sec), CP one piece 14' barrel 693 bore, and a NDZ on-off ASA.

I love this marker....feels great and you can keep up with the more expensive ones no prob. I never got the blackheart since I'm a rec player and never felt the need to go past 11 bps
I didn't either, but my stock board crapped out on me and I figured lowering the really long dwell the stock board had would help the efficiency. It didn't really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltforker19 View Post
I love the dye ultralight and viewloader hopper
Just about any hopper will do. UL barrels are quiet, but like any barrel if you don't have a good paint to bore match it will be about as accurate as the stock barrel.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 AM #9
R3L
CCM is not a verb

I run a Evil Pipe barrel, CP asa and macroline. Everything else is stock. Hopper is a VL Revolution. All works fine for me.

R3L is offline   Reply With Quote