Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-29-2011, 09:25 AM #22
enviousjohn

enviousjohn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
enviousjohn posts videos on PbNation
enviousjohn is reppin' sidebar 4 life
enviousjohn has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To answer the actual question, I play on a team that shoots exclusively Vic's and G6R's, myself owning the latter. I prefer the G6R as it's lighter, feels better without the shorty reg, is slightly more efficient (although you're really splitting hairs at the top end of the spectrum at that point) and costs about $250 less. The Victory is a bit smoother and a touch quieter, although, again, you're splitting hairs.

The other thing the G6R has going for it is the ease of in-the-pit maintenance. You can shoot your G6R with the pressure tester attached and the simplicity of the stacked tube poppet design makes it super easy to strip and fix quickly (should you have any issues).

You can't go wrong with either, but given the option to shoot whichever I liked I chose the G6R. Truly a phenomenal marker.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:51 PM #23
thiscrakaslug
Got em' coach

thiscrakaslug owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Wow it only took until the second page to get some useful feedback. Kudos man. I guess not all bob long owners are trolls.
thiscrakaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:19 PM #24
this craka slug
-SLUGGERNAUTS-

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscrakaslug View Post
Wow it only took until the second page to get some useful feedback. Kudos man. I guess not all bob long owners are trolls.
this is me?
this craka slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:24 PM #25
enviousjohn

enviousjohn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
enviousjohn posts videos on PbNation
enviousjohn is reppin' sidebar 4 life
enviousjohn has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscrakaslug View Post
One of the downfalls, I suppose- you get a few people who make a habit of responding to your questions in a condescending tone in the Bob Long forum; as if we're committing some sort of cardinal sin by genuinely seeking help.

Not all bad eggs, though. The Bob Long staff is great and the mods who hang out there are really good dudes.

Let me know what you decide, mate