Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-16-2011, 09:45 PM #1
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
7man Division

I have been talking with John Christ and we are working on trying to bring 7man back, at least for one event. Our plan is try to make it for the July event so time is important.

Here is what we need help with, I want to talk this out openly so I can get some help, some input from you guys the players to make this happen.....

First things first - is there a market for 7man. Is there enough 7man teams in the area to pull this off.

Next, play for prizes or for fun?

Rankings of players?

Cost to play?

And any other issues that are of concern.

Please voice it here. I want to have a firm direction next week on this division so any an all suggestions I am open to...

Thanks!

Cyndi
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 PM #2
jk178206

jk178206 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
jk178206 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jk178206 supports Team VICIOUS
jk178206 plays in the APPA D4 division
jk178206 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This sounds like so much fun.

First I can't speak for your area, but if it was decided to do a 7 man event, I know I could for sure round up the players from ohio and make the trip.

As for prizes, for the first event I don't really care. It would just be a fun event, and allow to see if the market is there to allow for prizes.

And divisions...ehh I could careless if it was just one open division. But possibly a lower division, and then an Open Class division for whoever to play in. But again, having 2 divisions for the first event doesn't sound plausible, just for the fact you don't know how many teams would sign up.

Thats just my 2 cents on it. I hope this really comes through
Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 PM #3
njpballer3
White Tee GANG

Annual Supporting Member
njpballer3 is BST Legit
njpballer3 plays in the USPL
njpballer3 plays in the PSP
njpballer3 is an NCPA player
njpballer3 plays in the APPA D3 division
njpballer3 is Legendary
This would be a perfect time for the event considering the next nppl is in september

Support the new league PGPL! BEST prizes around and BEST field around!
njpballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 AM #4
hitmenpaintball22

hitmenpaintball22 plays in the PSP
hitmenpaintball22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hitmenpaintball22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hitmenpaintball22 plays in the APPA D4 division
i know freedom would try to play

prizes: if we play for fun, that would mean that the cost to play could be lowered right? (correct me if im wrong)

Division: the idea of an "open" division scares teams away in my opinion, so maybe anyone D2 or lower.

cost: as low as it can be, just so that teams will come out and play. after the first one, see how many teams came out, and work out prices from there.

i reallly wanna see this happen. i know a couple teams are planning on doing DC in sept. so this would be a good way to get rolling for that.
hitmenpaintball22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:45 AM #5
achielles

achielles plays in the PSP
achielles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
achielles owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Ill go with freedom opinion aswell. The only thing ill add to that is make 7man on sat not Sunday. This way teams can play 7man on sat or 3man. And don't have to sacrifie 5 man. They can play both.
www.cousinspaintball.com
Paintball Arena
Island Paintball Supplies
achielles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 AM #6
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
if you put 7 man on a saturday i dont think many teams will play. you also have to separate 5 man and 7 man because there would be so many players on the field on 1 day you would need more refs, parking, longer lines, longer event, ect.

also if you dont make it an open division i can assure you youd run out the few 7 man teams that actually play 7 man. dynasty 2, minions and topgun all have d1 players on them. if there are no prizes what does it matter? 7 man has always been about having fun. lets just focus on bringing it back.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 AM #7
illuminati2

illuminati2 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by achielles View Post
Ill go with freedom opinion aswell. The only thing ill add to that is make 7man on sat not Sunday. This way teams can play 7man on sat or 3man. And don't have to sacrifie 5 man. They can play both.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:55 AM #8
GOMFW

GOMFW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
if you put 7 man on a saturday i dont think many teams will play. you also have to separate 5 man and 7 man because there would be so many players on the field on 1 day you would need more refs, parking, longer lines, longer event, ect.

also if you dont make it an open division i can assure you youd run out the few 7 man teams that actually play 7 man. dynasty 2, minions and topgun all have d1 players on them. if there are no prizes what does it matter? 7 man has always been about having fun. lets just focus on bringing it back.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:55 PM #9
impy014
Skinny Vinny

impy014 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
impy014 supports Team VICIOUS
do itttttttttttttttttttttt
Old 06-17-2011, 04:58 PM #10
Glasswurks@verizon.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS***

Agreed!! Prizes and player ranking doesn't matter! It's all about getting as many teams as possible out there. If your scared to play with higher ranked players then stick to 3man!

Support MAPL
Glasswurks@verizon.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:26 PM #11
ACMan43
FAT GUYS RULE

ACMan43 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
ACMan43 plays in the PSP
Agreed ranking and prizes don't matter but with out all this is it more like a practice then an event. We can hold a 7 man practice and structure it like an event. ????
OOMPA #43
FREEDOM

Powered/Sponsored By: OXCC
Supports the MAPL
ACMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 PM #12
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

no matter how hard you try it will never be the same.
no 1 for 1's or 3 for 1's in practice, no 10 TRAINED refs on the field, no moving games around cuz your one player doesnt have his pack filled, no gun penaltys, no sick feeling in your stomach at the start of the first game, and the list goes on.
idc how close it feels to an event. if it's not an event it's NOT AN EVENT.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 PM #13
ATHORNFAM2
trigger finger

ATHORNFAM2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ATHORNFAM2 posts videos on PbNation
ATHORNFAM2 plays in the APPA beginner division
ATHORNFAM2 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
blue eagles would love to do it but were short 2 players

Blue Eagles Megaforce
ATHORNFAM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:58 PM #14
bigntastyeclipse08
Kingkongpb.com

Definately on Saturday. Prizes to basically get back what you had to spend would be cool. Open would be cool, but for some it would draw them away. If its for fun, I feel that win or lose it would be enjoyable because it would be around the cost of a 7 man practice so open division could end up working.
Baltimore DEffect-Almost made it to an event
'Merica
bigntastyeclipse08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 PM #15
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4

fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't think open class would drive anyone away. I think most teams looking to play 7 man are experienced enough to at least hang and be able to have fun with whoever else i shows up. I thought I was the only person left who didn't really care about prizes. Also no prizes = not as much stress = not as much *****ing and whiny kids on the field. Maybe paintball can be as fun as it was a few years ago. And I agree it should be uncapped semi.
fatboy6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:31 AM #16
bigntastyeclipse08
Kingkongpb.com

I'm just saying, try to make it cheap and attempt to get back what you spent. For us kids, things get expensive and we try to get back what we can. Or make it normal pricing and have the "right prizes". Regardless it sounds fun for 5 man teams to play both days and have some fun.
Baltimore DEffect-Almost made it to an event
'Merica
bigntastyeclipse08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 AM #17
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Personally I don't think it should matter about the rankings. Not everyone is going to feel the same way. You could always structure it and make it D2 or lower w/ 1-2 D1 players allowed per team. This would eliminate pro/semi-pro but still allow the couple 7man teams that do have D1 players, to still be able to qualify for the event.

I think the big factor is going to be how you work paint pricing for 7man. If teams are going to play for basically fun and medals they are not gonna wanna spend a fortune in paint/entry. Only because now days teams can't afford that kind of set back.

This is what i have in mind.

Entry - $300 ($30/person w/10 guys)
Paint - $35-40/Case (Keep it around practice pricing. 7man teams shoot a lot)
Prizes - 1st-Entry Next event (good for 5 or 7man) + Trophies
2nd- Half off entry - Medals
3rd - Medals
4th - Medals
Old 06-18-2011, 11:18 AM #18
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post
Personally I don't think it should matter about the rankings. Not everyone is going to feel the same way. You could always structure it and make it D2 or lower w/ 1-2 D1 players allowed per team. This would eliminate pro/semi-pro but still allow the couple 7man teams that do have D1 players, to still be able to qualify for the event.

I think the big factor is going to be how you work paint pricing for 7man. If teams are going to play for basically fun and medals they are not gonna wanna spend a fortune in paint/entry. Only because now days teams can't afford that kind of set back.

3rd - Medals
4th - Medals
i like it
Old 06-18-2011, 01:21 PM #19
filii
TWLOHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post

3rd - Medals
4th - Medals
winner right here

ASHES EgoX F/S

Penn State
filii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:56 PM #20
xXEnvyXx
Oh Hai

xXEnvyXx plays in the PSP
xXEnvyXx plays in the APPA D2 division
I personally have no problem with the open divisions. I think it will help the league honestly and make it seem more like a top feeder league with the fact that the teams that are not ready for higher ranked events can still play the d4/5 3/5 mans, but can still test their skills if they choose to with the big boys at a cheaper price than flying out to a national event. And the higher ranked players can come out and play a 7 man event on the east coast since there arent many over here and not have it kill their wallet. Plus i think the open division will be fun cuz ull get to see the better players playing in a tournament that they arent extremely tense about which usually leads to them tryin a lil more crazy moves which r always fun to see.

Prices for paint i feel would definately have to be lowered though because last event i spent all the money i had on paint nd i was tryin to conserve my paint a little bit. with it being 7 man that will be even harder since the games r usually longer and u hav more ppl to shoot. i personally would not play it at 55 a case for a low prize but thats just me.

I support the GPL-MAPL efforts in w.e they try to do becuse i think it is a rle great league to get players rdy for the big stage so dnt take my words in a bad way, jus lettin u my perspective.

Calgary Vendetta CXBL Elite
xXEnvyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:11 PM #21
GOMFW

GOMFW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Should have a BYOP option.