Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 AM #1
stratmastertj

I'm having a problem with my nerve. As I increase the lpr pressure, the bolt lags and doesn't cycle nearly as fast as it should. I've cleaned the lpr, hpr, and firing assembly but it didn't help. With my hpr set at 200, and lpr set just to where the bolt sucks back and the gun fires, the velocity is only 160ish but the bolt seems to cycle normal, and the gun has a crisp pop sound. As I increase the lpr to increase the velocity, the cycling lags and the gun ends up sounding more like a cocker. Has anyone had this problem? Any thoughts on what could be causing it and how to fix it would be much appreciated.

Alright, so I just tried something that seemed to work. I increased my hpr to 270 and I was able to stop the bolt lag. However, as I increase the lpr, I have to increase my hpr as well or the cycling still will lag. Not sure if thats normal or not. Is it possible my gauge on my gun is broken? So even if it reads 270, maybe its only 230ish? I have the newer style valve poppet, lpr extender, and ndz eq bolt. Also I have the humphrey solenoid, and dwell at 14ms. I would think with the newer parts 270psi would not be needed for it to work correctly.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 06-21-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Double post.
stratmastertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:32 PM #2
Thenerveman

Thenerveman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thenerveman is an NCPA player
Thenerveman plays in the APPA D4 division
um try new battery, decrease the recharge rate, and increase dwell a bit. Put the hpr to 220. try that.
Thenerveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:44 AM #3
stratmastertj

Once I get my tank filled I'll try that and play around with it some more. I cleaned/greased the solenoid spool valve today. It was rather dry when I pulled it out, but everything was still very clean. My nerve has a dynasty m6 board, so I don't believe there is a recharge rate setting.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:41 AM #4
stratmastertj

I think I may have figured out the problem. Pneumatic Lockout.

Pneumatic lockout is the term we use to describe what happens when air leaks into another section of the marker and causes a compression event, which prevents the bolt from closing all the way, or severely slowing it down. A common symptom of this would be low velocities possibly coupled with inconsistencies, or the marker not cycling all together.
Ram sail o-ring (11/70).
Hammer piston housing, front inside o-ring (11/70).
Hammer piston housing, middle outside o-ring (15/70).

When increasing the lpr, my bolt slows down alot. I couldn't get my velocity to hit 280 with cranking my hpr all the way to 270-280, and it was inconsistent once I got it there. I replaced all the recommended o-rings, as well as the rest of them in and outside of the piston and valve housing. Hopefully I fixed it.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:24 PM #5
Thenerveman

yeah sounds promising
Old 06-28-2011, 11:43 AM #6
stratmastertj

Alright so I tested it out. No leaks. It seemed to help a little, but its still having the same problem. Maybe it's just normal? I'm not sure what it is. I'll set my hpr to 200psi, screw the lpr in until the bolt seals and will fire. But when screwing the lpr in more, it gets to a point where the bolt will fire at like half the speed and cycles slowly and I can't get the velocity high enough. It's like the more I screw in the lpr, the slower the gun cycles. The only way to get it to fire as quickly as it should at that lpr pressure is to increase the hpr. So if I increase the lpr, I have to increase the hpr. Is this normal? I'm not really sure what's going on with it.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:58 PM #7
Thenerveman

do you have any other boards for the gun? if so try a different one. what is your dwell set at? Make sure you have REFLECTING eye mode on but i dont think it has that option. set abs dwell to 1 you may also want to mess with the loader delay and Cycle percentage filter, also may want to try eyes off.

Last edited by Thenerveman : 06-28-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:32 PM #8
stratmastertj

It's not an electronic issue. I'm 100% sure of this. Dwell was 15ms. I upped it to 17ms. All the functions on the board work, eyes work. I've played with the gun a few times without any electronic problems. It's a pressure issue. It has to do purely with the balance of pressure between the hpr and lpr. When I increase the lpr, I have to increase my hpr or else the cycling slows down alot, and the gun loses that crisp pop sound. However if I just increase my hpr, and not the lpr, the cycling stays the same. I just need to be able to get the velocity to 280 without the cycling lagging and without running a dangerously high pressure, which seems to be difficult because even with my hpr at 240, and the lpr maybe one turn in from where the bolt seals back and can fire, my velocity is only like 160. I have to have my hpr set at least to 270. I'll play around with it some more this weekend. If I can get a consistent 280fps, without the bolt lag, I'll be happy.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:36 PM #9
Thenerveman

hmm, this is getting frustrating. well i keep my dwell at 12ms.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM #10
stratmastertj

I have the humphrey solenoid, which requires a higher dwell. I'll play around with it at the field this weekend.