PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-08-2011, 01:22 PM #1
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
section naming?

i could be wrong but im pretty sure that this is named wrong, they dont want to ban paintball guns, they just want to change the color.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:48 PM #2
Supergyro
Solid 7

Supergyro owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Supergyro owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Supergyro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It certainly does get people to look... but the same people may call their representatives trying to figure why the're banning pb guns. Which the're not.
Supergyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:55 PM #3
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
We're not sure most legislators want to do anything to paintball guns at all - it just happens that the way the bill is written, paintball guns are getting lumped in with replica airsoft guns.

But, the current bill would absolutely ban many paintball guns. Yes, if your gun is entirely brightly colors that would be OK, but I personally can not think of a single paintball gun in existence right now that would be legal under the new bill.

Plus, most guns need an air tank to work. How many bright pink air tanks have you seen? Does an air tank count as part of the gun that must be brightly colored? The law doesn't say - and it's not something you really want to find out about in court.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 AM #4
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
We're not sure most legislators want to do anything to paintball guns at all - it just happens that the way the bill is written, paintball guns are getting lumped in with replica airsoft guns.

But, the current bill would absolutely ban many paintball guns. Yes, if your gun is entirely brightly colors that would be OK, but I personally can not think of a single paintball gun in existence right now that would be legal under the new bill.

Plus, most guns need an air tank to work. How many bright pink air tanks have you seen? Does an air tank count as part of the gun that must be brightly colored? The law doesn't say - and it's not something you really want to find out about in court.

- Chris
sorry i kinda forgot i made this thread. anno, and a tank cover. i think critical makes bright colored tanks.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 AM #5
MagikF

Please understand that yes, there will always be what if or exceptions to the rules but as the bill is currently written, a majority of paintball markers will be affected and this will put the manufacturers and retailers out of business. It might not affect paintballers in other states soon but in the near future, your choices will be limited and your state might try to pass similar legislation.

Yes you can always wrap your paintball markers or buy new tanks but do you want to suffer that expense?
MagikF is offline   Reply With Quote