PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 PM #316
Joe Trumbo

Joe Trumbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishdisma View Post
When was the last time you saw a paintball marker built to resemble an assault rifle that looked anything like a handgun? The law only covers handgun imitations, not rifle-type markers.
voied warranty section..
Joe Trumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2011, 01:54 AM #317
bigbthebenji
Purveyor of Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
bigbthebenji is an NCPA player
bigbthebenji has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
bigbthebenji is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
bigbthebenji is Legendary
bigbthebenji is Boss
Is it true that is the barrel on the gun is 16 inches or more, the gun is not subject to this legislation?
bigbthebenji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:50 AM #318
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji
Is it true that is the barrel on the gun is 16 inches or more, the gun is not subject to this legislation?
That was removed.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 AM #319
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulxchox View Post
How in any way does a paintball gun especially a marker made for speed ball look like a real gun?
my pgp...carried on hip or even drop leg holster... looks like a gun to me....

same marker as above and an sp1.. still.. both look like guns to me..

and a marker made for speedball, black in color.. carried/held like a gun.. would look like a gun to almost anybody at certain distances night or day..

take away the clips next to it..looks close to the picture above ..

can ya see confusion in any of this from ANYONE be it police or just civilians?

Quote:
And how many people with actual fire arms would spray paint them in neon colors and how many actual fire arms do you see that are neon? I find this law unconstitutional even.

considering there is a bill that may be passed in ny to ban people from painting real guns neon colors probably more then you can imaging.. this is being done for those who own guns legally.. imagine how many criminals with stolen or unregistered guns had been or are painting them..
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...oloration-kits

guns taken from criminals in by baltimore pd..
Glock..

cz75

they look like toys guns to me..

few more can be found here..
http://publicintelligence.net/baltim...ook-like-toys/

and here..

http://www.jimsgunsupply.com/index2.html

story about real guns looking like toys.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2045782

Quote:
It's my property and as long as I'm not out in public threatening lives with it why should I have to spend more money cause a cop didn't think and fired on a child?
yes.. its your property,but its still in a township,city ect ect were laws are applied for many reasons.. all it takes is one person on your block to not have their glasses or contacts in to see you moving what appears to be a gun from your house to your car,or see you and some friends carrying what appears to be a gun into the woods behind your house (just an example,dont know dont care if you actually have woods behind your house) and although like me you may be smart enough (but i doubt it given your argument) to not openly carry any marker giving someone the chance to think its a real gun there are hundreds of others who just dont think.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean the state has the authority to make me go out and spend money on an orange tipped barrel just cause the actions of a few officers.
the spectrum is is a tad bigger then just a few officers.. things like this have been argued and tried to be corrected even since before I was born.. when I was growing up we all heard the story a kid got shot over a lazer tag gun...as well as more then a few kids getting shot over the very realistic looking squirt guns.. this isnt the officers problem or fault.. they go to an area were a call comes in about two or three people walking and one has a gun"tucked" into their belt..order the kid to do whatever or for some reason the kid just doesnt think and feels its no big deal ill just show him its a toy or a bb gun... cops get shot and killed every day from people of all ages..this sticks in their heads.. and in most cases when someone doesnt comply with police orders and pulls a gun out of their waste band or has a gun in their hand and turns around to face an office someone is going to get shot.. are you willing to bet your life on the gun in someones hand that you dont know is a toy?

Quote:
There is a massive difference between a paintball gun and a fire arm. Now an airsoft gun is almost an exact replica and I can understand how people could confuse those especially since many airsoft manufactures don't always have the orange tip on their products. But a paintball in no way shape or form is the same diameter as a commercial fire arm round. This bill is an affront to our constitutional rights as tax paying Americans to do whatever we want with our property. If the state isn't going to pay for my new barrel then I'm not getting a new barrel

you sir are a goddamn idiot...

theres not much a difference visually between a paintball marker and any "gun" real or toy..

Really? you think someone is going to take the time to walk up to somoene else who has what is presumably a real gun and ask to look at the diamiter of the barrel?

I can see that working out well..

cop..
Uh yeah sir, i notice you have a gun in your hand...
guy..why yes officer I do..(gives one of two answeres) A..its just a toy though officer. or..B.its my 9 yo..
cop..can ya do me a favor there sir,just point the barrel in my general direction so I can see the size of the projectile it may be using so I dont accidently shoot you over a toy?
guy.. Sure officer,noooo problem..

yeaaah.. your arguments are just a tad flawed

instead of actually worrying about your "consitutional" rights its sounds more like youre concerned about the money aspect..
which is understandable in itself , but instead of making bad arguments, do your homework and come up with solid stuff to present and try to work with others to either avoid this new law or ways to adjust it to help everyone.

not just..i dont want to spend money becuase I shouldnt have to or they should see its a paintball gun just cause whatever reason blah blah blah..ect ect...

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Last edited by NoX13 : 06-10-2011 at 10:21 AM.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:00 PM #320
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
nvm.wrong thread.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Last edited by NoX13 : 06-10-2011 at 12:05 PM.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote