Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM #1
jaymanz

Question playing mid

hi guys i recently joined a new team and i was put at mid is there any tips or anything you can help me with?
jaymanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 AM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Communicate with your back and front line. Your job is to pass info from the front to the back and vice versa. you also must be ready to fill in when someone gets eliminated.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:15 PM #3
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
Communicate with your back and front line. Your job is to pass info from the front to the back and vice versa. you also must be ready to fill in when someone gets eliminated.

Pretty much you are doing everything and have to be ready to fill for anyone at anytime.

Generally speaking, id put your more experienced players in the middle.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:31 PM #4
Cport173

Cport173 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cport173 supports Team VICIOUS
Cport173 is for the Gunfight
Cport173 plays in the APPA D4 division
Monkeyballer hit the nail on the head. You are the string in the middle of the two cups. You need to make sure you are constantly realying info from your back players to your front players, and vice versa.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post77135965
Cport173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:36 PM #5
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The mid position is very conditional. You need to make sure you know the layout. Where are you trying to keep people out of and where are you trying to get to. Also need to know where the shots on you are. If you hear someone call a hot bunker that has a shot on you it'll only be seconds til your out if you're not paying attention.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM #6
Irish916
eThug

Irish916 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymanz View Post
hi guys i recently joined a new team and i was put at mid is there any tips or anything you can help me with?
Supposing 5man/xball, I'm not 110% sure about 7man.

Mid isn't really a position. Back/front/mid player breakdown is more of a new player fallacy. It's much more accurate to go by snake corner/dorito corner/home/doritos/snake/X or center. Sending a player to the X or somewhere in the middle of the field to lock down zones is common but not a default play.

Back/front really just refers to where you break out to. No one stays in the same spot from start to end. Corner players move to the front lines when the "front" player dies or they could follow them if it's dorito side. Back center typically fills in for the corner players or can move up to the X to lock down a side of the field to assist if everyone's doing well and no one has died.

That being said, you understand how mid isn't a position? You have 5 guys, 2 on snake side, 2 on dorito side, 1 for home or X. Sending the home/X guy one side that already has 2 players isn't a good idea. With a corner player and front player at d2/50d or s2/s3 that extra player won't be able to help any extra and just makes things more complicated. Like where's he gonna go d1/s1? your corner player and front player are only a bunker or 2 away they can talk to each other fine.

Which side of the field do you play and off the break is your primary bunker a corner or farther up field? I can help more with more specifics.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM #7
jaymanz

i usually break left and im positioned at our 30 and usually cover our snake player
jaymanz is offline   Reply With Quote