Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-09-2012, 09:47 PM #1
ttenn

APE OLED connections

I just purchased an APE OLED for my PMR07. Everything was working fine until I installed the board (including the eyes). There was no manual included with the board ??? I tried searching online but only found the generic manual. I had to guess where the eyes and the solenoid connect. After first boot, I got the chamber empty icon (_). Then I put my finger in the breach and it turned to a chamber ready icon (O). I turned off the marker, then turned it back on. Even though there was no ball/finger in the breach, I got the chamber ready icon (O).

I put the stock board back in and got a flashing green light indicating "eye failure". I don't know why the APE board killed my eyes. There was no manual showing where to plug in the eyes or the solenoid. Perhaps I plugged in the ribbon cable backwards and that killed the eyes????

I have the 2007 PMR with a DYE UL frame. The PMR has a ribbon based eyes but all I can see for replacement eyes are those with wires.

I'm guessing that I can get eyes with wires, but am not sure where to plug them in.

In the picture below, there are three of the white connectors on the board. Two with two pins, one with three. There is also the black ribbon connector. I guessed that the solenoid plugs into the two pin connector nearest the battery. What are the other two connectors for? One has three pins, one has two.

Any comments, suggestions on replacement eyes that will work with the PMR and the APE OLED board? AND where to plug them in???

Tom

Last edited by ttenn : 09-09-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Added picture link
ttenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2012, 05:05 AM #2
JimatAPE

That is normal operation. Once you put your finger in the breach to break the eyes in normal operation a ball doesnt just jump out of the breach until it is fired. Place the Rampage board back in the marker and pull the trigger so it resets and see if the [O] is still on the OLED if it is then please contact support@goapeonline.com I am sorry that the manual is not up. Our server went down and we are still tweaking our new website but please visit our site at www.goapeonline.com That is where our manuals will normally be.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 AM #3
georgek

georgek is playing at Living Legends VI
georgek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
also check your eye settings, there are 2 eye modes if i recall right..

one of the is the one you describe and the other is the normal eye mode that most board have..
georgek is offline   Reply With Quote