PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM #1534
xander2188

xander2188 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
xander2188 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
that is still very wide even on a crop. I guess i was thinking your focus was on video given that you were buying the glide cam and I didnt realize you had a 35 prime.
xander2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 PM #1535
Finch187
Six and One

Finch187 supports Team VICIOUS
I wanna learn how to do those car photos where just the front of the car is showing. It looks like the car is in a storage unit and there is only light on the front. How do you guys do that? is it in a garage lol? i have seen a few people do it on here and i want do to that to my car.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM #1536
PbLoSeR05
CodyB

PbLoSeR05 is a Paintball photographer
PbLoSeR05 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
PbLoSeR05 is Legendary
Can you provide an example?

Houston Heat
PhotoMOB
PbLoSeR05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 PM #1537
Finch187
Six and One

Finch187 supports Team VICIOUS
http://zachcourter.500px.com/home/#/50
Picture 51 of the BMW
Old 04-15-2012, 01:21 PM #1538
PbLoSeR05
CodyB

PbLoSeR05 is a Paintball photographer
PbLoSeR05 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
PbLoSeR05 is Legendary
Haha, ask Zach! I mean, he did take it and all

http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=160389

Houston Heat
PhotoMOB
PbLoSeR05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:44 PM #1539
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

qu1cks1lver56 is playing at Living Legends III
qu1cks1lver56 supports Team VICIOUS
qu1cks1lver56 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
qu1cks1lver56 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ended up at $10 an hour for 5 weddings worth of photos. At least 100 photos per wedding. I'll take it
hi
qu1cks1lver56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:58 PM #1540
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
I wouldn't do an hourly rate for photo editing, you either do a good efficient job and make less money, or drag it out and piss off the photographer and never get asked to work again. I'd set a base rate per photo or wedding set. 100 pics is also very very low for a full wedding unedited, I'm hoping he wasn't the main photog?
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 PM #1541
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

qu1cks1lver56 is playing at Living Legends III
qu1cks1lver56 supports Team VICIOUS
qu1cks1lver56 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
qu1cks1lver56 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well it's a 100 for the first wedding, leftovers she didn't have time to edit. She has 5 more this summer, that I'm sure will have much more.
But I figured for what she asked, which was basic touchups/white balance adjustments/etc. I could probably knock out 10 an hour in Lightroom, if not more. We both felt like $10 an hour was good for each involved. But for basic editing like that, what would be a normal per photo charge?
hi
qu1cks1lver56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:44 AM #1542
pumpswag

pumpswag has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What camera should i get next?

I have used my digital sony camera for too long. What camera should I get next? Im only looking at Canon and Nikon cameras that have 18 megapixels or more.sadly my limit is 900$ firm for a good lens and body. What is a good "DSLR" camera and lens that fits my regulations and whats a good website that gives good discounts? Im not a photography noob just tryin to c if im missin out on anything. If u help me out u will b rewarded a thnx.

No flamming, trollin, and treat people respectfully
No spamming
pumpswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:51 AM #1543
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
What on earth do you need 18 megapixels for? how large are you planning on printing?

You are going to be hard pressed to get an 18mp body and a good lens for under $900.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 04-24-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 AM #1544
Grommzz
Ellis Imagery

Annual Supporting Member
He want's allot of MP because it's what the cool kids believe is the be all and end all of photography..

What will you be mainly shooting for a start, then we can narrow down what you can get for your money to suit your needs.

Do you have a preference of Canon or Nikon ?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:16 AM #1545
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

skwirnmn has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
custom small jpeg shot at 0.3 mpx.. pixel count doesn't mean jack. if you do plan on getting into paintball photography, a 70-200 f4 L is a good choice, and maybe a 40D. don't worry about pixel count.

skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:27 AM #1546
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

40D and an F4L are going to likely run over budget. I just looked on keh and the pair would run $1,040 in EX+ condition.

also, lol @ inflation. I'm pretty sure I got mine (70-200f4l) new for less than the used price now.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 04-24-2012, 01:35 AM #1547
pumpswag

I mainly shoot paintball. Why 18 megapixels? Because i want higher resolution"clarity or more detail" in my pics, also its kind of hard being a pb photographer when lil kids get a 5,000$ camera because they used their iphones to take pics. Canon and Nikon cameras have good quality, reputation, and seem to be more durable to paintball hits since my friend's brand new pentax got obliterated after it got shot while my other friend's canon is working flawless after multiple shots. Best buy actually has the canon eos rebel T3i and lens for 800$. Also just wanted to know if anyone knew of any good websites or cameras that i might of not heard of.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:41 AM #1548
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Kit lenses are not exactly what I'd call "good", especially for paintball photography, you will need something longer like a 70-200. (there is a reason just about every PB photographer out there has one)

If you put mediocre glass in front of a sensor it doesn't matter one bit how high resolution it is, the system is only as good as it's weakest link. My 7 year old Rebel XT (a lowly 8 megapixel) with a 70-200 F4 L for paintball photography will easily outshoot a T3i with a kit lens. Try to avoid getting sucked into all the technology hype, are modern cameras with all the bells and whistles, along with high mp counts nice? oh heck yea, but you don't NEED it.

I do almost all my business with B&H

Last edited by Drex17 : 04-24-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:41 AM #1549
pumpswag

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirnmn View Post
custom small jpeg shot at 0.3 mpx.. pixel count doesn't mean jack. if you do plan on getting into paintball photography, a 70-200 f4 L is a good choice, and maybe a 40D. don't worry about pixel count.

K thnx, all i asked for. Great pb videos btw
Old 04-24-2012, 01:59 AM #1550
pumpswag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Kit lenses are not exactly what I'd call "good", especially for paintball photography, you will need something longer like a 70-200. (there is a reason just about every PB photographer out there has one)

If you put mediocre glass in front of a sensor it doesn't matter one bit how high resolution it is, the system is only as good as it's weakest link. My 7 year old Rebel XT (a lowly 8 megapixel) with a 70-200 F4 L for paintball photography will easily outshoot a T3i with a kit lens. Try to avoid getting sucked into all the technology hype, are modern cameras with all the bells and whistles, along with high mp counts nice? oh heck yea, but you don't NEED it.

I do almost all my business with B&H
Thnx
Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 AM #1551
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
30d or 40d with 70-200 f4L. That's what you need and if you buy anything else it's a dumb decision.

However, you could do just fine with a rebel and the 70-200 f4L. But a 30d + the L glass puts you at budgetish...40d a smidge over or thereabouts.
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:13 PM #1552
buckeye_man18
Black Ice

buckeye_man18 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
buckeye_man18 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
buckeye_man18 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've read the tutorials here and numerous reviews on places like dpreview and photography forums.

For my first ever DSLR, would a Canon Rebel T2i be a good bet? Don't want to spend much more than $600-700. Either that or the new Nikon D3200, but I don't think the latter is worth the weight and extra money. Don't need or want 24 mps.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Necessary accessories to go with the camera?

Edit: Also, anyone bought from bestpricephoto.com? They have good reviews on resellerratings (80%+) but the site itself seems like one of those scam type sites. However, they sell the Rebel T2i for about $60 less than other sites. Catch is, they'll call you up to 'confirm' your order and try to get you to buy accessories.

WGP Outkast Autococker | Chrome | E-Blade 2 | Worr Bolt
DP F8 Fusion | Blue & Silver | Eigenram | Golden Poppet
DYE Proto Matrix 5 | Black & Silver | Ultralight Frame | Orange SAM Bolt

Last edited by buckeye_man18 : 04-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.
buckeye_man18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 PM #1553
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye_man18 View Post
I've read the tutorials here and numerous reviews on places like dpreview and photography forums.

For my first ever DSLR, would a Canon Rebel T2i be a good bet? Don't want to spend much more than $600-700. Either that or the new Nikon D3200, but I don't think the latter is worth the weight and extra money. Don't need or want 24 mps.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Necessary accessories to go with the camera?

Edit: Also, anyone bought from bestpricephoto.com? They have good reviews on resellerratings (80%+) but the site itself seems like one of those scam type sites. However, they sell the Rebel T2i for about $60 less than other sites. Catch is, they'll call you up to 'confirm' your order and try to get you to buy accessories.
Never buy from the people who ask you to confirm your order. B&H or Adorama called me one time but that was on my first purchase making sure my address was correct. If for stills only any rebel will work well as a first camera (Xs, Xsi, t1i, etc. etc.). If you want video start with a t2i and up (able to use manual video).
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:33 PM #1554
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
The T2i will be a fine camera and will last a while before you really need something better. Buy from a reputable site like Adorama, B&H or Amazon; you won't miss the $30 later, but if it's a dud and they're a pain in getting a replacement you'll miss your $600 a lot more. There's no way I'd trust a site selling a "new" 7D for less than Canon's refurb price.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is online now   Reply With Quote