b_ron
photo

b_ron helped look for balloons
b_ron owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
b_ron is an NCPA player
b_ron plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by fainerbainer View Post
anywhere from $475-$600 and depends on who is selling it, etc.
maybe even lower too.
i got a UV date code one back in 2009 for $450. for some reason that lens was sharper than the 2.8 version(s) i have and owned before

| photo |

RIP ABC. It's been a fun 17 threads.
b_ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 AM #905
ss invader

Will a pentax "M" series lens work on pentax K-r?

I have an old pentax 80mm-200mm, lens. Problem is it's an M series. Is there a way to make this lens work on a K-r?
ss invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:01 PM #906
maddog91
I hate this name

maddog91 donated to help Peyton Trent
Nikon D7000 vs. Canon 7D...thoughts? someone asked me this but im to newbish to even debate back so I ask the experts..I was told Canon because their lenses are coming out better year after year.
maddog91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:07 PM #907
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate

prpntblr95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
prpntblr95 supports Team VICIOUS
prpntblr95 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
prpntblr95 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog91 View Post
Nikon D7000 vs. Canon 7D...thoughts? someone asked me this but im to newbish to even debate back so I ask the experts..I was told Canon because their lenses are coming out better year after year.
I'd say 7D

Any thought's on CF Memory cards? I'm going to Key West for 2 weeks so figured a 8gb? I already have a Promaster 4gb but I fill it up too fast, Price range is around $45-60
Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 PM #908
xander2188

xander2188 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
xander2188 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
unless you are shooting huge bursts of photos, they are all the same. I stick with sandisk, but kingston and lexar are also perfectly fine. You would probably be ok with the lesser known brands, but i personally stick with the 3 listed. Other than that, just get as much memory as you can for your money. I stick with 4 gig cards because i like the security of not having all my photos on 1 card, but that is a personal preference.
xander2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:40 PM #909
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate

prpntblr95 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander2188 View Post
unless you are shooting huge bursts of photos, they are all the same. I stick with sandisk, but kingston and lexar are also perfectly fine. You would probably be ok with the lesser known brands, but i personally stick with the 3 listed. Other than that, just get as much memory as you can for your money. I stick with 4 gig cards because i like the security of not having all my photos on 1 card, but that is a personal preference.
At my local shutter bug they charged me $54 for the 4gb Promaster, It works great but I don't really wanna pay $75-85 for a 8gb. But I also do not have time to order on line so I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet
Old 06-23-2011, 11:45 PM #910
maddog91
I hate this name

Whats a good,zoom lense? Im doing some research and for my trip to israel I need something i can zoom but also take decent pics with..thoughts?

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/canon-e...lr-camera.html
Old 06-23-2011, 11:46 PM #911
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
what's your budget/camera?
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:48 PM #912
maddog91
I hate this name

I might be using a 7d actually. I think budget will be several 100. I notice the L lenses are in the 1k =-/..Im trying to see what would i use for my trip,maybe take two lenses with me? something i can zoom with and something i can maybe just use in hotel rooms and stuff..So go wild i guess =-)
Old 06-23-2011, 11:55 PM #913
fainerbainer
CK

best zoom for the money 70-200 f4L $550ish

If you just need pictures then the 55-250 IS has good reviews and is considered a great compromise.

If you want image quality but don't mind something old I just picked up the 70-210 f4. It's old, loud, and push/pull but it has good IQ from what I can tell. I use mostly my 17-40 and 50 1.4 but I sometimes need reach but not focus speed. It was $125 on ebay.

If you want wider the tokina 12-24 is excellent.

What kind of focal length are you looking for?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 PM #914
maddog91
I hate this name

Well since its israel,and i will be walking im thinking tops idk actually..I was told its ALOT of walking. So if i have two lenses idk..maybe 300mm
Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 AM #915
xander2188

xander2188 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
xander2188 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by prpntblr95 View Post
At my local shutter bug they charged me $54 for the 4gb Promaster, It works great but I don't really wanna pay $75-85 for a 8gb. But I also do not have time to order on line so I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet
you are getting butt raped.

Try best buy, walmart, target or any of those type of places. Right now amazon has free 2 day shipping if you sign up for their amazon prime trial membership. Camera stores like that are the worst place to buy memory cards because they completely rip you off.
xander2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:31 AM #916
fainerbainer
CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog91 View Post
Well since its israel,and i will be walking im thinking tops idk actually..I was told its ALOT of walking. So if i have two lenses idk..maybe 300mm
I've owned a 300mm. You do not need a 300mm as a walkaround lens unless you are trying do street photography and want to capture faces and you don't want them to see you. For walkaround street I prefer wide and then at about 150mm. So I'd suggest probably getting the 50-250 IS . If you have 500 to spend and want IQ, a long range, and non varying aperture then the 70-200 F4L would be bread and butter for you on the 7d even if you have to go ISO 3200.

I mean, you can spend $200 on the 55-250 IS but I think if you want to spend more you will be impressed by the f4L. Also, for what it's worth I had a 7d and I'd suggest saving money and getting a 60d if you are just using it as a non-sports camera. I shoot a little bit of action but the AF on it was sorta overkill for my applications. When it comes to portraits you will see -0- difference in IQ/functionality.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:46 AM #917
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate

prpntblr95 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander2188 View Post
you are getting butt raped.

Try best buy, walmart, target or any of those type of places. Right now amazon has free 2 day shipping if you sign up for their amazon prime trial membership. Camera stores like that are the worst place to buy memory cards because they completely rip you off.
Well It's Shutter bug

Should I try staples and Radio Shack too? The closest best buy is half an hour away, same with walmart
Old 06-24-2011, 12:52 AM #918
fainerbainer
CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by prpntblr95 View Post
Well It's Shutter bug

Should I try staples and Radio Shack too? The closest best buy is half an hour away, same with walmart
any big box store is going to have stupid prices on cards. Check out amazon and right now you can sign up for amazon prime trial and get free 2-day shipping. Just make sure you opt out after a month or whatever it is so that you aren't charged.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 AM #919
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate

prpntblr95 is Legendary
Quote:
any big box store is going to have stupid prices on cards. Check out amazon and right now you can sign up for amazon prime trial and get free 2-day shipping. Just make sure you opt out after a month or whatever it is so that you aren't charged.
Paypal locked my account, I'm "underage" well I actually am, but still 16 you should be old enough for a account
Old 06-24-2011, 12:55 AM #920
fainerbainer
CK

someone with a card that you can give the money to? Seriously, you save like 50-70% getting in online compared to best buy/radio shack. The $15 sandisk ultra 4 gig or even 8gig would do you just fine.

I shoot 4gig cards on my 5d and 8gig sc cards on my 60d and it's just fine.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 AM #921
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate

prpntblr95 is Legendary
Quote:
someone with a card that you can give the money to? Seriously, you save like 50-70% getting in online compared to best buy/radio shack
Step dad, he is my boss and is constantly using paypal. payroll is tomorrow he can just take 5, 6 hours out of it or something, checks don't come till monday though
Old 06-24-2011, 01:59 AM #922
fainerbainer
CK

i'm upset with paypal. I've had them for like 8 years or something and I have one chargeback where I WAS scammed and now they have this 21 day rule on me or positive feedback..whichever comes first.... whatever...

they should really bring back the seller rating thing they had that listed the number of transactions w/o a dispute. I'm not sure why they don't do that. I will usually just buy off of paypal cuz they chargeback to me pretty easy. But I'll only sell to reputable people on POTN or here.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 AM #923
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate

prpntblr95 is Legendary
Quote:
i'm upset with paypal. I've had them for like 8 years or something and I have one chargeback where I WAS scammed and now they have this 21 day rule on me or positive feedback..whichever comes first.... whatever...

they should really bring back the seller rating thing they had that listed the number of transactions w/o a dispute. I'm not sure why they don't do that. I will usually just buy off of paypal cuz they chargeback to me pretty easy. But I'll only sell to reputable people on POTN or here.
Glad I was one of them

Almost bought a Canon 70-200 f/4 USM but I needed a computer more since my laptop randomly gave out. But my next 2 paychecks will go towards that Lense
Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 PM #924
DillonT
Do a wheelie!

DillonT is reppin' sidebar 4 life
DillonT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
canon powershot sx20 IS help

my girlfriend gave me this camera she got from her friend. it doesnt work... its a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS. says memory card error. and when i try to view pictures on the card, card is locked. i used a toothpick on the little lock lever on the inside of the sd card slot incase it was stuck, and i covered the lock on the card with a little piece of tape. still no luck. ive also pulled out all batteries and hit restart (even little clock battery) the format option on the camera is greyed out. camera did work at some point. and its not too old. card is a pny optima 2gb sd card.

when i get home, im going to try and re format the card.
DillonT is offline   Reply With Quote