Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-04-2011, 06:07 PM #1
hines24

proto slg 09 ul, thinking about purchasing

I am thinking about buying a proto slg ul 09, but some reviews say it is a great gun, while others say it breaks all the time. Even if I maintain the marker will it still brake? Also, how is the support from dye for this gun? And also the one I might buy has a leak in the back cap because of an o-ring tear so is this o ring easy to replace? Where could I buy this O-Ring also? help would be appreciated
hines24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 AM #2
notsumkid

notsumkid plays in the PSP
notsumkid plays in the APPA D4 division
ive had two, there great guns and shoot amazing! the dye service is like no other, they have always helped me completely. and the o-rings are easy fixes, deff geta n on/off and a clamp feedneck and these guns shoot amazing. ive had very lil issues with mine. most likely the rear bumper o-ring is broken which does happen cause the original black ones were soft but now dye has a new updated green one that lasts much longer. also get the updated orange ball detents and you'll be golden
3rd place CFPS Series 2011
NT Owners United
notsumkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM #3
hines24

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsumkid View Post
ive had two, there great guns and shoot amazing! the dye service is like no other, they have always helped me completely. and the o-rings are easy fixes, deff geta n on/off and a clamp feedneck and these guns shoot amazing. ive had very lil issues with mine. most likely the rear bumper o-ring is broken which does happen cause the original black ones were soft but now dye has a new updated green one that lasts much longer. also get the updated orange ball detents and you'll be golden

ok do you know where i can get the rear bumper o ring? would it be in a rebuild kit for the gun? do you know where i can get the updated ball detents?
hines24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 PM #4
Tikiman12

Cant find just that specific o-ring. your local shop my be able to sell you just that size

http://www.amazon.com/Proto-SLG-Medi.../dp/B002U567CS
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=381989
Ebay feedback:
http://myworld.ebay.com/tikiman121086/
Tikiman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 PM #5
notsumkid

Call dye and tell them you have the black ball detents nd black bumper o-ting, theyll srnd you the updated parts. Or have your local shop do it for you nd no i dont think they come in the parts kits cause the parts kits were produced before the updates were made
NT Owners United
Old 06-07-2011, 04:21 PM #6
notsumkid

And the rear bumper isnt like a normal o-ring, it has a ridge in it so it fits on the bolt nd is flat on the outside
NT Owners United
Old 06-11-2011, 08:06 PM #7
SFBallerF5 (Banned)

SFBallerF5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would strongly recommend against it, They feel great and shoot decent but for the money I'd get an 07 or 08 pmr if you want a spool valve marker. SLG have leaks almost weekly and are very unrealiable paintball markers took a downturn from being of high quality to being of the nicer looking the better. anything above 08 guns are less reliable anything below is worse technology. I'd recommend an Etek 1 overall for poppet gun for $200 for an Ion for $90, Ions are great guns regardless of what anyone tell's you. Yeah wow a gun that operates at 150 PSI uses a noid and can be redicously up'd for any style of play. Yeah that sounds terrible.
SFBallerF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:20 PM #8
KoreanPump
What is paintball?

KoreanPump owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
From an owner (me) to you : Dont. These lowends from Proto / Dye give you barely the minimum and your going to spend money (LOT OF IT) to fix it or upgrade it because you are going to be unhappy with the performance. For $300, you should get a Dangerous Power G4. Just saying, its up to you.
KoreanPump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:54 PM #9
R3L
CCM is not a verb

God no. Run away. Unless you like maintenance before and after each game.

R3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:31 AM #10
Dan95-5.0

Dan95-5.0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i really like mine. i used mine with a broken bumper cushion and a bad oring and it still performed great.

if the price is right, i would say get it. i bought mine for 110, and just now added a thread saver on/off and a 14" proto barrel. shes good to go now.
Dan95-5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:12 PM #11
MoogLe
Life = Piece of cheese

has been a member for 10 years
MoogLe plays in the PSP
MoogLe posts videos on PbNation
MoogLe plays in the APPA D5 division
MoogLe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ive ordered several of these guns for some new players at our field and after experiencing a couple of them i am NEVER recommending one ever again.

when they work, they shoot fantastic and i absolutely love their low profile but the whole design of this gun is a nightmare and is a ticking timebomb.

The breach gets damaged very easily by the bolt and if you even lower the fps too or one of the o-rings are worn down it'll go into full auto which is their worst issue by far. I've always wondered what would happen if one of these guns went full auto on you during a psp tournament or something... a gun that will get you a penalty or disqualification is not even worth having as a cheap backup.

So like i said, they shoot better then ALL low ends and rival most mid end guns but they are just way too unreliable

If you're good at fixing guns and can find one cheap enough then maybe id say go ahead but for new players that dont know anything about the operation of a marker this will most likely just be a constant visit to their nearest airsmith. There's not one SLG at our field that has been in 100% working condition all the time

Last edited by MoogLe : 08-09-2011 at 01:19 PM.
MoogLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM #12
Spencer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanPump
From an owner (me) to you : Dont. These lowends from Proto / Dye give you barely the minimum and your going to spend money (LOT OF IT) to fix it or upgrade it because you are going to be unhappy with the performance. For $300, you should get a Dangerous Power G4. Just saying, its up to you.
Bro dp g4 all the way. The thing is a gods paintball gun ( 4 da $$)(much rather Hav ego or sumtin but don't Hav the $$) if your price range is anywhere in 250 to 400 go wit g4
Spencer6 is offline   Reply With Quote