PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM #1
SFBallerF5 (Banned)

SFBallerF5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
need help progressing

Last edited by SFBallerF5 : 07-13-2011 at 11:26 AM.
SFBallerF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 11:50 PM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
First, make sure your communication is clear. As a back center, you are the realy between your snake side and your dorito side.

Second, make sure you take the time to walk the fields and figure out the shots at every position from every angle. Look to see where the snake 1 can shoot so that you know where you can shoot if you are ever in the position and who he can shoot should your opponent put a guy in there. Learning blind shots are important also.

Third, learn to use your gun as a bunker and read other players movements and anticipate them. You can work out certain plays during games, like how you would in chess. If you are up numbers, make attacking plays. We did one where there was a guy ont he other team left in the 30 snake side and my guy behind told me to go to the low rollie. As soon as I started moving, that 30 guy had a gun on me that forced me to dive fast before I even reached the bunker. I made it in fine and now that guys attention was on me. My back guy was then able to set up and get the kil since the attention was focused on me. The other side is defensive plays. If you have lost too many guys, learn what two bunkers are best so that you can cross up the field and lock it down.

All you can really do is practice against better teams and learn from them. As you play more, you will recognize more plays and strategies, learn what works and doesn't work, and grow as a team together.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM #3
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
First, make sure your communication is clear. As a back center, you are the realy between your snake side and your dorito side.

Second, make sure you take the time to walk the fields and figure out the shots at every position from every angle. Look to see where the snake 1 can shoot so that you know where you can shoot if you are ever in the position and who he can shoot should your opponent put a guy in there. Learning blind shots are important also.

Third, learn to use your gun as a bunker and read other players movements and anticipate them. You can work out certain plays during games, like how you would in chess. If you are up numbers, make attacking plays. We did one where there was a guy ont he other team left in the 30 snake side and my guy behind told me to go to the low rollie. As soon as I started moving, that 30 guy had a gun on me that forced me to dive fast before I even reached the bunker. I made it in fine and now that guys attention was on me. My back guy was then able to set up and get the kil since the attention was focused on me. The other side is defensive plays. If you have lost too many guys, learn what two bunkers are best so that you can cross up the field and lock it down.

All you can really do is practice against better teams and learn from them. As you play more, you will recognize more plays and strategies, learn what works and doesn't work, and grow as a team together.
Great advice especially the blind shots. That is often a game breaker. There are ALWAYS blind shots on a field and its really cool to shoot at a bunker and see a kill when they had no idea where it came from. Corner bunkers and doritos often have blind shots on them.

Also keep in mind speedball is more about control than anything. Your team needs to work together to make a plan for the layout and you need to do your part in contributing to it.

Practice sweetspotting, edging, and shooting at moving targets. These skills are essential for getting those g's off the break that will ruin a teams strategy and give you the win.

Good luck!