Community Focus

Old 05-31-2011, 09:16 PM #1
CRITICALCONDITION#21

CRITICALCONDITION#21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CRITICALCONDITION#21 plays in the APPA D4 division
CRITICALCONDITION#21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CRITICALCONDITION#21 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ego 08 settings

ok so i got my new ego 08 all stock what have you guys found is the best settings to make my gun a smooth luscious gun...pm me anything you have

***HUGE GEARBAG SALE!!!***
CRITICALCONDITION#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2011, 10:46 PM #2
NRG4Paintball

NRG4Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NRG4Paintball is an NCPA player
NRG4Paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
LPR 1.5 turns in, dwell at 14. If you've got some extra cash get the zick 2 and pooty modded cure3+ (also heard amazing things about the hush bolt). Have fun!
Ninja 68-45
NRG4Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 PM #3
p8ntball1o1

has been a member for 10 years
p8ntball1o1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
p8ntball1o1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
p8ntball1o1 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvman View Post
Every gun is a little different. There's no one best setting that will be universally best for everyone.

It's really up to you how you like to set up your gun. Depending on what you prefer, you can adjust for best efficiency, reduced LPR pressure or sound signature. The settings will differ based on what you're trying to achieve. And what works best for your gun may not work well for someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshooter89 View Post
ego8 about 10 cases
dwell=14
lpr=1-1.5 turns in
All that = butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dairoll View Post
Playing Xball, so looking for efficiency and an attempt at silence. speed goes to 13.33, so doesn't matter, So again, silence and efficiency are the necessary components. Running my ego with my 2-liter is teh sex.

For those interested, here are the stock settings for an 08 ego.

LPR: Flush
Dwell: 12.5ms (time of solenoid activation)
FSDO: 2.0ms (first shot drop off dwell increments)
Empty: 4.0ms (minimum time for the eyes to detect that the breech is empty-bolt is cleared and paintball has entered)
Ball: 4.0ms (time alloted for ball entering the chamber)
Pull: 3.0ms (minimum time to recognize the trigger pull)
Release: 8.0ms (time to recognize the trigger release)
BandHI: 75% (on opto setting(the point at which the trigger is considered pulled))
BandLO: 25% (on opto setting(the point that the trigger is considered released))
TT TOL: 0% (basically the bounce control % filter)

Hope this helps some people.
kthxbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithem View Post
08 Ego.

Change Dwell to 15
LPR 1 turn in.

That's all you need to know.
But don't forget to read the manual.
p8ntball1o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:10 AM #4
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Why don't we have a sticky on why there aren't magic numbers for guns? I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but this seems to be a recurring topic since the first ego came out. I know people get numbers that work but I can't seem to believe that everyone's guns are shooting at their best with someone else's numbers.

To understand why this is the case I'll explain what happens in your gun when it cycles (Jack Wood or equivalent, please chime in here if I'm off about anything).

1.) The board senses a valid trigger pull and sends a signal to the the solenoid for an amount of milliseconds based on the DWELL setting.

2.) The solenoid charges and moves the spool to allow air to flow to the back of the rammer.

3.) The airflow causes a build up of pressure behind the rammer. The amount of pressure is relative to the what the LPR is allowing based on the user's adjustments. When the pressure is enough to overcome the friction of the o-rings sealing the rammer, it begins to move forward.

4.) The rammer accelerates forward. The rate at which it accelerates is again relative to the pressure supplied and the friction of the o-rings. A zick kit also contributes to the rate of acceleration initially.

5.) The rammer hits the poppet valve stem and pushes it open, holding it there for the remainder of the DWELL time.

6.) The DWELL time expires and the signal is lost to the solenoid causing it to reverse its position to send air to the front of the rammer to bring it back.

7.) Pressure builds up to send the rammer back (again based on the LPR's adjustment).

Now all this is going on during those 10-16 milliseconds the board is sending a signal. The time it takes for each of the individual steps to happen is going to vary based on the friction in the o-rings (which will change based on the actual o-ring size and variances in machining of each guns inside diameter of the rammer tube), actual flow rate, LPR adjustment, amount and type of lube/oil, and it will change as time goes by and the gun breaks in/wears down.

Now combine all that with the new adjustments in the Ego 11 solenoid and you can see where you DEFINITELY need to understand what's going on in your gun to properly tune it. Someone else's numbers might work well enough but if you really want the most from your marker you just need to fine tune it according to the process.

Bottom line, don't get too caught up in the numbers. Those numbers are only for reference. A DWELL setting of XX.X milliseconds isn't going to yield the same ACTUAL cycle time from one gun to the next. That's just the amount of time the signal is sent. How long it actually takes will vary.

Hope this helps

(Also hope this thread doesn't get deleted like the last one I posted this in haha)

Last edited by Alvecchio : 06-01-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Alvecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:12 AM #5
west.paintball

look at my sig thats what I have and its amazing you will probably not find the bump pistons but I want either a hush bolt or cure 3 with a zick 2 rammer also with a very light very very very light trigger like it will shot when the wind hits it so light
Deadly Winds Barrel (Freak)
Ninja 68 4500
+Dye Rotor
------------------------------
B.A.
west.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:06 PM #6
FreeStyler15

i usually use my ego8 with dwell on 11.5m, lpr 1 turn from flush and works well, with a very nice barrell the sound gets reduced... idk if im doing somekind of stupid thing?

Last edited by FreeStyler15 : 06-01-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: forgot specify the gun
FreeStyler15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 AM #7
ikill4sp

ikill4sp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ikill4sp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ikill4sp posts videos on PbNation
Dwell 14-14.5 and LPR 1.5 turns in from flush. That's what I run. Shoots smoooth. Also I put a LP valve guide in it. That helps more than a Zick2 or Cure3 or anything. Best upgrade for smoothness would be a LP valve guide.
ikill4sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM #8
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
Why don't we have a sticky on why there aren't magic numbers for guns? I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but this seems to be a recurring topic since the first ego came out. I know people get numbers that work but I can't seem to believe that everyone's guns are shooting at their best with someone else's numbers.
I'm sure we had at some point. But it's not like the people making these posts are the type to read stickies to begin with. 98% of the people that make threads do so without looking in the stickies to see if their question has already been answered. It's 'easier' to make a thread asking others than to research something yourself.

And I agree, they're not getting better results using someone elses numbers. It's all in their heads.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote