PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-23-2014, 05:33 AM #1
JohnnyBlumps

Where are all the Fairbanks players at?

So I got stationed here just about 2 years ago and one of our new privates is a really big paintballer and so he kinda got my interest which made me order a nice $500 set up. This started to make its way around and now we got about 5 to maybe 10 wanting to paintball. So I have a few questions.

My first one is where does everyone play at around the Fairbanks/Fort Wainwright/North Pole area?

Where is the cheapest place for paint/HPA?

Any groups or community's that get together on certain days?

If any of you guys have any answers please let me know, Thank you!
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 AM #2
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

Kurupt310 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Kurupt310 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairb...30728620325690. The idea is to start a non profit field with a woodsball field and an airball field. The biggest hurdle now is getting the dirt work done without personally going broke. We've already got bunkers, nets, pole and most of the stuff needed.

The largest groups usually gather out at Repp Rd. off of Badger Rd. You can see some action pics from Repp on the facebook page linked above.

Cheapest and really only paint in town is Sports Authority. I'd recommend the XBall. The problem there is they order once a year and don't understand that it's a perishable item. So check the boxes for something with a date and look for the newest stuff. If you want better stuff you can order some decent stuff on Amazon and it'll usually get shipped UPS 2nd day air for free. But the better paint there is spendy.

As for air you can get fills from Arctic Fire and Safety for $6.50 regardless of size. They used to have a much larger section for paintball and used to carry paint, but got out of that a few years ago when they lost the staffing for it. (I quit to move on and Corey was too busy to keep it going).

If you are going to be playing all day it's best to rent a scuba tank from Test the Waters, it's $10 per day and they come with a fill station. Your first fill will be around 2.7k and each fill after that become less and less. When we go out to Repp we usually bring 3-5 scubas depending on how many people are planning on coming.

The most regular player out at Repp for the last 2 years has been Cosmo, and we usually have a group out there at least twice a month.

If you are just getting started and any of your guys need gear let me know, I have enough to outfit a small army.

Last edited by Kurupt310 : 03-24-2014 at 04:47 AM.
Kurupt310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:49 PM #3
JohnnyBlumps

That would be awesome for a official airball and woodsball field! So just ordering dirt now and putting it at the field now? Where would this field be located, at the Repp road area or actually in Fairbanks? I was also wondering if you tried out the midnight paint there at sports authority, if that was any good?

Once my guys get back from the field in a week then we will all get together and go to Repp road. I was thinking of going by there this week just to check it out, see what it is. Also how would we know when you guys are going to all meet up? Is it on the Facebook page? Oh and if you have any jersey’s, paintball pants or just arm pads you feel like getting rid of I could definitely buy those from you. I know for a fact that some of my guys would buy some gear from you too if they need anything if your down with that.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM #4
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

The field will be at the end of South Cushman on the same road that goes to the public gun range. The land has been hydro axed, so all the trees are down and its an open area now. We still have to get equipment out there and put in a road, parking lot and clear the debris from the playing area. Needless to say, there is a lot of work to be done.

I'd stay away from the midnight paint there unless you can tell if they got some new stuff in. Every time I've tried midnight it's barely usable. Lots of barrel breaks and it doesn't go straight at all.

Everything at Repp is still going to be covered in snow, so it might be a bit early to go out there. There's a Fairbanks Paintball facebook page where people will normally post to try to coordinate getting more people out there. But it's usually the same group of guys out there, lately the calls for everyone to show up have mostly gone unheeded.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairb...00640136683346
Old 03-25-2014, 02:50 PM #5
JohnnyBlumps

The road and parking lot situation sounds way over my head....and expensive but it would be nice to have a field. I wouldn't mind helping out if there is some manual labor work I could help with. Are you the mastermind behind making this field happen? Hopefully, after the snow melts, the guys I bring and the old group there will have enough people to actually play.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 PM #6
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

We started a small board to get the FPC field running. I am a member of the board and the president is Masterhuffy on pbnation.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:11 AM #7
Allied_Assasin

Allied_Assasin plays in the APPA D4 division
Allied_Assasin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It's good to know there is some paintball up there am currently in Miami but I was offered a 5month job up in fairbanks to cook at a resort, and would love to bring my gear and play. Is there a big demand for paintball up there? When I last lived there in 94 the only thing to do was ride bike to the fair or box office video or lastly Alaska land. Would be nice to meet with some ballers!
Allied_Assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:57 PM #8
JohnnyBlumps

l I haven't got to play with them yet but there is a group of people here and then you got some solders here and there that play. But if and when this field opens I can see the Fairbanks paintball community opening up
Old 03-29-2014, 04:25 PM #9
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

It's pretty small and hard to get people to come out and play most of the time. But we try.

Not much new to do really, Box Office Videos all closed (somehow Blockbuster stays open) and they change Alaska Land to Pioneer Land. WTF is that ****.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:24 PM #10
Allied_Assasin

Allied_Assasin plays in the APPA D4 division
Allied_Assasin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt310 View Post
It's pretty small and hard to get people to come out and play most of the time. But we try.

Not much new to do really, Box Office Videos all closed (somehow Blockbuster stays open) and they change Alaska Land to Pioneer Land. WTF is that ****.
Pioneer land wtf is that indeed!!???!! Community field how does that work? I just wanted to know if fairbanks is either desperate for a field and store? Or would a field and store last if opened? I don't know of this job of mine can be a full time move after my summer is up there and I know a lot of people down here who have connections to gear,etc,etc. just want to know what's it like sucks box office closed lol I used to rent all my Super Nintendo games there.
Allied_Assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:15 PM #11
Shakeweight
Stage 5 clinger

Annual Supporting Member
Shakeweight owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shakeweight plays in the APPA D5 division
Shakeweight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shakeweight has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JohnnyBlumps,
I'm also stationed at wainwright and looking to play! PM when you guys organize something. I'd love to join. I'd be happy to throw in toward air and whatever else we need.
Shakeweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:53 AM #12
JohnnyBlumps

Okay cool man, I will definitely just leave a few more posts so I don't have to email you and I can pm you on here instead.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:02 AM #13
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allied_Assasin View Post
Pioneer land wtf is that indeed!!???!! Community field how does that work? I just wanted to know if fairbanks is either desperate for a field and store? Or would a field and store last if opened? I don't know of this job of mine can be a full time move after my summer is up there and I know a lot of people down here who have connections to gear,etc,etc. just want to know what's it like sucks box office closed lol I used to rent all my Super Nintendo games there.
There is always a good influx of players with the two military bases in the area but there isn't a ton of dedicated players grown locally (there are some, just not many). There has been fields in the past and none have managed to stay open for too long. I don't think it's feasible for a dedicated store or a field to turn a profit up here long term.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:22 PM #14
JohnnyBlumps

^^^bummer
Old 04-11-2014, 05:00 PM #15
Vikingpaint

Thumbs up More players eager to go out

Hello JohnnyBlumps!

Our section at Fort Wainwright recently started talking about paintballing and all that now that the weather is getting better. We have about 4-6 players who would like to go out and play, with about 3 who have some experience and the rest are new to the game. We have enough gear for everyone to play. I have been trying to find out the laws or borough ordinances governing paintballing in Alaska or the North Star Borough. For example, when I lived in Arizona woodsballing was ok as long as you were 500ft from an roads and not on private land. If anyone has any information on where we are allowed to paintball and any other rules I'd appreciate the info. Other that, getting any number of people out playing would be awesome. Due to the Easter holiday we have a good weekend to go out if anyone has some free time.
Vikingpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups