Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-31-2011, 11:30 PM #1
JuiceRedUno

Exclamation Epiphany Troubles

I just recently got back into the sport of paintball and picked up my old epi. when i aired it up i noticed some troubles shooting, i went and got it cleaned and oiled and it started shooting alright. i've got an epiphany with a virture board in it. there is SEVERE drop off at high speeds of shooting and the bolt doesnt cycle correctly. i saw that some people think that removing the insert helps so i'll try that and raise the dwell but besides that are there any other ideas in case that doesnt work??

**I like the gun and i dont want to upgrade immediately if i dont have to**
JuiceRedUno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2011, 01:24 AM #2
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
did you oil it or lube it? cause there is a big difference.

outside of that, you could be having dropoff from regulator recharge problems (clean it), or power supply problems (replace battery), or your gun can't cycle at the speed your board is trying to make it (buy and install a QEV). Before any of that, though, up your dwell by a few clicks and see if it works.

my setup, just in case you want something to compare it to:

inserts: none
QEV: SP 360
Bolt: Stock/Firebolt
Board: Seventh Element
detents: Killa Magnetics
Reg: Dye Hyper II

It shoots very well, will cycle faster than my B2, and all at very low pressures.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:17 PM #3
JuiceRedUno

im getting my reg cleaned and im definitely going to up the dwell but i cant seem to find a regulator for it. idk if they just dont make them anymore or if im not looking in the right places or what. will the QEV really make that big of a difference?
Old 08-01-2011, 02:24 PM #4
JuiceRedUno

btw the virtue in it is running factory settings
Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 PM #5
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

keeperdude is an NCPA player
keeperdude plays in the APPA D4 division
i doubt it is any serious trouble with your regulator, try taking it apart and cleaning it..just make sure you put it back together right. if its not that then it sounds like a dwell issue to me, QEV would help.

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball
keeperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:28 PM #6
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
QEV is probably the first upgrade anyone with an ion or an epiphany buys. The stock reg is great but a total PITA to clean (you need a deep well socket wrench, I don't really know anyone who has one of those sitting around). If you can clean it, great, if not, replace it with something else. Any reg will work, so long as it can output pressure between 100 and 300 PSI.

For Regs try looking on ebay or the B/S/T for Dye Hyper 2's, CP's, those are probably the two most common "aftermarket" regs found on upgraded Ion platform markers.

I know nothing about virtue's stock settings. If it cycles the first time, just go through the manual and up the dwell by like 5 clicks.

The easiest way to tell if the reg is the problem is to look at the pressure gauge, it should recharge almost instantly, if you shoot it and you notice the needle staying towards the low range then you probably have a reg problem. Sometime, the rear hose and breech hose can get crimped if they are too long, but I'd try everything else before I start snipping (especially the hose going to the breech, because the barb that connects it to the solenoid is plastic and a pain in the *** to remove without breaking, rendering your solenoid/board useless).
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote