Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-04-2011, 12:31 PM #22
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletMann View Post
You need to drop off some new flyers with that new date
I will be by tomorrow with the new ones!
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2011, 03:00 PM #23
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Thought that I would reveal a little of the basic format for this event. Let me know if you have any questions.

Over two days there will be five scenarios played. Each scenario (or game) will award one point to the victorious team. Due to objectives being different for each scenario 10 minuets will be allotted for a "mission briefing" before each scenario to discuss the objectives.

Saturday will be our "big" day. On top of the scenarios we will be having a pump and pistol challenge at mid day, and at the end of the day we will have a 3 man tournament.

More details coming soon...
Old 06-09-2011, 04:20 PM #24
Vantraxel

Vantraxel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vantraxel is for the Gunfight
I am totally going to have a pistol or pump or both by then
Vantraxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:08 PM #25
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

We have been in discussion about doing a Movie Night at the end of the first day. We will set up a projector and sound system, and obviously a action packed movie. Popcorn is a must right? Any of this sound fun or are we just trying to do to much?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:43 PM #26
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

We have found our first sponsor for this event!!! Oregon Paintball will be sponsoring our Sportsmanship award! Thank you Bob for your support, you will always have ours!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:25 PM #27
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Thought I would give everyone an idea of what kinds of props we will be using to make the game a little more even for the humans.

Riot shield - Once it is covered in paint it is out of play until we spawn it again.
Mortar unit - This is what it sounds like... If you went to SG 41 then you may have an idea of what they will be like.
Antidote round - This round can be used to eliminate zombies without needing to be a head shot. This also turns any human player turned zombie back into a human.
Zombie Armor - Before antidote is released to the players they will start with their armor so they don't become a Zombie until their third shot.
Defensive perimeter - Makes Zombies spawn farther away.

The Zombies can prevent humans from getting some of these props by preventing the humans from completing their mission, props will not be released until the humans complete certain missions. If the humans do not complete a mission they will have other chances to try again... If they want their props.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:46 PM #28
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Description of Mission 1 of 5

Game 1
Save the Mad Scientist from the Zombies and retrieve the antidote.

This game is similar to down pilot. Our scientist will be in a neutral location in a bunker known to both teams. To follow the story line the Zombies will have a head start to the bunker, with the humans close behind. The humans must fend off the Zombie attack, get into the bunker, retrieve the scientist/antidote and safely retreat back to the fort.

Objectives -
1: Save scientist from the Zombies
2:Retreat back to the fort
Bonus Objectives -
1: Retrieve the Antidote

How game point is awarded -
All humans turned zombie or mad scientist doesn’t make it to the fort Zombies get the game point
If the humans get the scientist back to the fort the Human team will be awarded the game point.

How the bonus is awarded -
If humans don't retrieve antidote they will have to play have the next game without an antidote while the mad scientist makes a new batch of the antidote.
If humans retrieve the antidote they get to play the whole next game with the advantage of the antidote.

Automatic Human bonus -
Humans will start with Zombie armor so you wont become Zombie on your first mark. However, the armor weakens after every mark. When you are marked you must re spawn at the designated location and check in with the referee. After your third spawn your armor no longer functions, so be careful or you will become a zombie on the fourth mark. If the armor lasts past the first game it will still be active, but it will be the only set of zombie armor you will get the entire weekend.

Automatic Zombie bonus-
There will be no antidote in the first round. Zombies will need a head shot to be tagged out. However, this is a zombie limb game. If a zombie is hit in the leg he/she must drag the leg until that zombie re spawns, and so forth for all the limbs. When you are tagged out you must go back to the re spawn point where the ref will hold you out of play for 60 seconds.

The Antidote -
This will be one of the humans greatest weapons. The antidote can turn human turned zombie back to human. However, original zombie team members don't turn to human… instead they have to return to re spawn on any impact of the antidote (no head shot required beware only a limited amount of antidote paint on the field maps will be given for antidote rounds hidden on the field). If you want more antidote paint and don't want to look for it our Mad Scientist will sell you some for $5 a pod. Antidote rounds are a different color of paint so zombies and refs can tell when they were hit by the antidote.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 PM #29
Kenny OKC
In Memory of Steve

Kenny OKC plays in the PSP
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kenny OKC plays in the APPA D5 division
That sounds like a cool game! I like the "antidote" idea! Adds a cool twist!!!!
Team Blacksheep
Kenny OKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 AM #30
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny OKC View Post
That sounds like a cool game! I like the "antidote" idea! Adds a cool twist!!!!
Thank you Kenny. We have thought long and hard about how to make the game even for the humans, and the antidote is one of those ideas. I am glad to hear positive feed back on the concept, and hope we see some OK Company there!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 PM #31
Kenny OKC
In Memory of Steve

Kenny OKC plays in the PSP
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kenny OKC plays in the APPA D5 division
I know I'll be there!
Team Blacksheep
Kenny OKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:46 AM #32
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny OKC View Post
I know I'll be there!
That is what we like to hear!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:38 AM #33
David24

To bad they changed the dates. Really looking forward it in july.
David24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 AM #34
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by David24 View Post
To bad they changed the dates. Really looking forward it in july.
At the time, there was another event this weekend, but that event was posponed.
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 PM #35
billy the kid 503

billy the kid 503 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
so , when is it?
billy the kid 503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:21 AM #36
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy the kid 503 View Post
so , when is it?
Well Zombieland has moved to September 17th and 18th. Blackrock, the event we moved the dates for, has yet to release new dates.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:03 PM #37
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Pre registration is coming soon! I am expecting it available by mid next week. If you want to take advantage of the advertised price you have to pre register, otherwise you know the deal... $5 up charge at the event for entry and paint.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 PM #38
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Exciting news to come! We will be having a few more sponsors and I will let you know who they are as soon as we get things finalized!
Old 07-21-2011, 02:44 PM #39
NateDaGreat
You can call me: The Boss

NateDaGreat posts videos on PbNation
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team HAM Co View Post
Well Zombieland has moved to September 17th and 18th. Blackrock, the event we moved the dates for, has yet to release new dates.
Do I get free entry for my birthday

I'll be there!
NateDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:44 PM #40
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Well finally I get to break the great news! Supergame 43 (yes I know we have not even played SG42, but by the time of Zombieland Yellow team will have taken back their proper place in the winner circle of SG42) and the WCPS Tactical Series will be sponsoring Zombieland. We will be giving away a few entries to these events, so you guys can focus on buying paint and not worrying about that pesky entry fee!

I would like to thank Dan from SG, and Skyler from the WCPS! It is guys like them that help grow, and make the sport of paintball what it is. If you have not been to one of these events, you should.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 PM #41
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team HAM Co View Post
Well finally I get to break the great news! Supergame 43 (yes I know we have not even played SG42, but by the time of Zombieland Yellow team will have taken back their proper place in the winner circle of SG42) and the WCPS Tactical Series will be sponsoring Zombieland. We will be giving away a few entries to these events, so you guys can focus on buying paint and not worrying about that pesky entry fee!

I would like to thank Dan from SG, and Skyler from the WCPS! It is guys like them that help grow, and make the sport of paintball what it is. If you have not been to one of these events, you should.
Sounds good

Unfortunatly yellow will not be winning SG42, but I like the optimism.
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:47 PM #42
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

Zombieland Awards and Sponsors explained

The low down on awards and sponsorships at Zombieland:

Dan Bonebrake from SG will be sponsoring a few different awards at Zombieland:

2 - Full entries to SG 43
5 - Half entries to SG 43

The two full entries will be given as awards for the two players that stand out by exuding the the values and skill that inspires others to play. These will be our Zombieland MVP's A.K.A Zombie killer of the week and The Nemesis.

The 5 half entries will be given out as awards in our expansion pack which will include a dusk game, 3 man round robin and our pump and pistol challenge.

You guessed it one will be given out in the dusk game,
3 will be given to the winners of the round robin, and one will be won in the pump and pistol challenge.

Bob from Oregon Paintball will be sponsoring our Sportsmanship award.

The Sportsmanship award requires performance of the following values at the highest of levels for consideration.

Loyalty
Curtsey
Fearlessness
Respectfulness
Demonstrativeness

The West WestCoast Paintball Tactical Series will be sponsoring our team unity award. If your team demonstrates unity, teamwork and the above values your team will be considered for this award.

I am really pleased to bring you this information. I think this event is really beginning to take shape and will be fun for all. Will see you all at SG 42 and Zombieland will be right around the corner. Viva La Zombieland!!!