PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 PM #1
neo2000x

neo2000x supports our troops
Vibe shooting hot

My Vibe is shooting at 330fps and I can't get it any lower. I have the velocity screw turned counter clockwise as far as it can go and the reg is outputting about 200psi. Any ideas why I can't get the reg output down? If I continue to turn the screw counter clockwise I just end up unscrewing the spring platform.
neo2000x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 PM #2
anthoneyk123

anthoneyk123 supports Team VICIOUS
anthoneyk123 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
, sounds like something only an experienced air smith could fix. Take it to your local pro shop. Are you using HPA?
anthoneyk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:55 AM #3
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Try a different regulator?

If you could get the pressure to say 180psi, then it shouldn't shoot hot anymore. Also, you could try a bigger bore barrel and that should do the trick, or smaller bored paint
Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 AM #4
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo2000x View Post
My Vibe is shooting at 330fps and I can't get it any lower. I have the velocity screw turned counter clockwise as far as it can go and the reg is outputting about 200psi. Any ideas why I can't get the reg output down? If I continue to turn the screw counter clockwise I just end up unscrewing the spring platform.
That doesn't sound right. The Vibe regulator adjustment screw is reverse threaded. So if you turn the screw counter clockwise all the way it would tighten, not unscrew from the platform.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:21 PM #5
neo2000x

neo2000x supports our troops
It doesn't unscrew from the platform, but when you go counter clockwise all the way it unscrews the platform from the rest of the reg... ie) the reg screw is in all the way.

I'm using compressed air. Just ordered an oring kit so going to try to replace the orings. The reg piston oring has a lot of play and doesn't seem to seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
Try a different regulator?

If you could get the pressure to say 180psi, then it shouldn't shoot hot anymore. Also, you could try a bigger bore barrel and that should do the trick, or smaller bored paint
Def a work around until I figure the problem. I do have a .693 insert I can try with .682 bored paint. Not sure how consistent it's going to be.

Last edited by neo2000x : 05-27-2011 at 01:25 PM.
neo2000x is offline   Reply With Quote