(dr)
deft

has been a member for 10 years
Can i buy stock? Seriously. Pm me.

edit: just read last post. gimmie da info
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:27 PM #991
E-M-P-I-R-E

Since the site is all user submitted content, aren't we all entitled to a share of whatever the dollar amount of the sellout was.
E-M-P-I-R-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 PM #992
CerialKiller
Nashvillain

CerialKiller posts videos on PbNation
A little late on reading this, but, congrats guys.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:35 PM #993
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-M-P-I-R-E View Post
Since the site is all user submitted content, aren't we all entitled to a share of whatever the dollar amount of the sellout was.
The sale does not entitle users to the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terms of Service
All messages and any other material once submitted become the property of PbNationŽ, LLC.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 PM #994
E-M-P-I-R-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
The sale does not entitle users to the money.

That's kind of what I was getting at.

Since the sellout I have felt like I am one of the few people who has actually thought about just what happened. That excerpt from the TOS is an example of exactly what I am talking about. The user uploads photos and they belong to PBN, the user writes a huge informative post and it belongs to PBN, and when over the course of 5 years a user attracts new users and thus creates even more interest in the site those new users belong to PBN. I just know that someone just got a huge payday and for some reason everybody is just applauding it because they don't actually understand anything.

I don't plan on leaving, and I'm not trying to make it seem like i want too. However, this whole thing makes me feel like Pbnation doesn't care about me the user, but rather about money. I probably would have done the same thing, it is a smart thing to do. I just don't like being sold.

Last edited by E-M-P-I-R-E : 11-28-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 PM #995
efstyle
SAVAGE

efstyle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-M-P-I-R-E

Since the sellout I have felt like I am one of the few people who has actually thought about just what happened. That excerpt from the TOS is an example of exactly what I am talking about. The user uploads photos and they belong to PBN, the user writes a huge informative post and it belongs to PBN, and when over the course of 5 years a user attracts new users and thus creates even more interest in the site those new users belong to PBN. I just know that someone just got a huge payday and for some reason everybody is just applauding it because they don't actually understand anything.

I don't plan on leaving, and I'm not trying to make it seem like i want too. However, this whole thing makes me feel like Pbnation doesn't care about me the user, but rather about money. I probably would have done the same thing, it is a smart thing to do. I just don't like being sold.
1. Congrats on thread necro.
2. Then wtf are you *****ing about?
3. Oh wait, your statement about "I probably would have done the same thing." completely negates what you are *****ing about.
4. ???
5. Congrats on thread necro.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:29 PM #996
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-M-P-I-R-E View Post

ever been on facebook? that dude makes a **** load of money on the stuff people like me and you post, do we see a penny of it?
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 PM #997
E-M-P-I-R-E

Just seems like a crack momma having babies just because she knows that she can get money for having them. I don't care that much either way, hopefully things will not change. I just wonder, are us users really contributing respected members of the largest paintball community on earth or have we just been statistics all this time.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.