Community Focus

Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 PM #1
Thor06

Thor06 helped look for balloons
Thor06 is playing at Living Legends III
Thor06 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thor06 supports Team VICIOUS
Robbing a bank?

So I've been thinking about this for a while. Not that I'm gonna do it, but just anyone robbing a bank. I watched the show American Greed, and the guy robbed 8 banks before he was caught. He definitely could've gone way longer too, but he started getting sloppy. About a year ago a bank in the town over from me was robbed, and the man was never caught. (undisclosed amount of money)

They don't seem like super intelligent criminals or anything, and the actual robberies seem oddly easy. You guys think you would ever rob a bank?
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 PM #2
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

No, but I think it would be easier than most think. Most bank employees probably go their whole career without ever being robbed, they become comfortable and used to a routine. A lot of banks, at least in my area, don't have bulletproof glass, though they usually have enough employees that one could call/hit an alarm without the robber seeing. Doing it by yourself would be really risky, but with some planning (like busy times vs how many staff are working, etc) you could probably get away with it. Not worth having the possibility of having armed robbery on your record.
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
IRPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM #3
CallyWooD

My ex girlfriend was a bank clerk for a couple months, where they worked they had a bunch of bills specifically used for giving someone robbing a bank, covered in invisible dye or something.. I'd never risk it
CallyWooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 PM #4
I miss kinkbyk3s

Ive always wondered why more people dont just go into a gas station at 3am with a shotgun and rob the place. I mean **** if you do it with a mask and then demand the cashiers phone and take the store phone your good to go basically. Cant call the cops and by the time they do you're long gone.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1891710
I miss kinkbyk3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:41 PM #5
Kilgore Trout (Banned)
So it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I miss kinkbyk3s View Post
Ive always wondered why more people dont just go into a gas station at 3am with a shotgun and rob the place. I mean **** if you do it with a mask and then demand the cashiers phone and take the store phone your good to go basically. Cant call the cops and by the time they do you're long gone.
Because it would be like eating a stack of knives to try to **** out a crappy bracelet.
Kilgore Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:01 AM #6
Evergreen
True Story

We can meet in North Hollywood me n you buddy me n you. Get some AK-47 and we'll start plannin. Yah mean son
True Story
Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 AM #7
The.KK
ಠ_ಠส

The.KK is a Supporting Member
The.KK has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I used to hang out with a guy who did time for robbing a bank. He told me the most important thing is to do it with people you can trust 100%.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 AM #8
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 plays in the PSP
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Because any states with good gun laws would end up with you being shot, and most likely killed.
venice empire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 AM #9
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.KK View Post
I used to hang out with a guy who did time for robbing a bank. He told me the most important thing is to do it with people you can trust 100%.
sounds like a genius.
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
IRPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 AM #10
I miss kinkbyk3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice empire77 View Post
Because any states with good gun laws would end up with you being shot, and most likely killed.
Doubt it. I find it hard to believe many chain gas stations would ever allow an employee access to a firearm. Too many things that could happen versus something that will probably never happen. Id rather have my store robbed than something going wrong with allowing employees access to a handgun. Only scenario I see that happening is with the gas stations where the owner basically lives there or its a family run gas station. Either way id say the chances of getting away with it are decently high if you arent stupid.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:45 AM #11
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 plays in the PSP
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Doubt it. I find it hard to believe many chain gas stations would ever allow an employee access to a firearm. Too many things that could happen versus something that will probably never happen. Id rather have my store robbed than something going wrong with allowing employees access to a handgun. Only scenario I see that happening is with the gas stations where the owner basically lives there or its a family run gas station. Either way id say the chances of getting away with it are decently high if you arent stupid.
There are quite a few of family run gas stations around me. The local liquor store has killed 2 people in 2 years.
venice empire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 AM #12
Thor06

Thor06 helped look for balloons
Thor06 is playing at Living Legends III
Thor06 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thor06 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Yeah, but how much money is really in an average gas station register?
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 AM #13
ConradNorCal

If you really wanted to be a successful bank robber (oxymoron), you would need to be able to kill someone without a second thought. (Bank teller, cop, old lady) That's the part I could never bring myself to do. It wouldn't be especially hard to get in and get the money, I could just never bring myself to kill an innocent person in cold blood without hesitation like that.

If you for whatever reason you had your heart set on becoming a criminal, I would say your best bet would be to start taking advanced computer classes at your local city college and learn how to remotely access and steal information. Even then you'd still be living out of a suitcase, constantly on the run, and need to be able to kill someone without hesitation.

Seems like a wasted life to me.

Xbox live gamertag: Thee Marksman

Last edited by ConradNorCal : 05-24-2011 at 12:52 AM.
ConradNorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:51 AM #14
I miss kinkbyk3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice empire77 View Post
There are quite a few of family run gas stations around me. The local liquor store has killed 2 people in 2 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor06 View Post
Yeah, but how much money is really in an average gas station register?

Thats where the not being stupid part comes in to play. I could name various gas stations around my town that I could almost guarantee dont have a gun behind the counter and are atleast a few hundred yards from the next building.

Probably not much at all, but chances are if you are robbing gas stations your pretty strapped for cash. But that would be the way to go in a desperate not giving a **** way.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:58 AM #15
rudy jones

rudy jones plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
We can meet in North Hollywood me n you buddy me n you. Get some AK-47 and we'll start plannin. Yah mean son
True Story
I used to go to that bank, and never realized it was the same one they robbed. When I saw the key place across the street one day I realized, and shat a brick
rudy jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:03 AM #16
DAVE_M

DAVE_M posts videos on PbNation
DAVE_M plays in the APPA D5 division
DAVE_M is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
DAVE_M is Legendary
The big bank in town rarely has more than 20 people in it and it's over 10,000 sq ft. There are no automatic lock down features. Although, there is probably a silent alarm. The vault door is located dead center on the side wall. Directly behind the counter and is usually left open. The police station is a few blocks down the street though. I wouldn't expect the place to ever get robbed, but it doesn't seem like it would be hard.
DAVE_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:08 AM #17
protokid1453
rhapsodie hongroises

Annual Supporting Member
OP should rob a bank and will definitely get away with it.
protokid1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:10 AM #18
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.KK View Post
Personally I wouldn't take bank robbing advice from a guy who got caught..
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:41 AM #19
rudy jones

rudy jones plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
hahahahha
rudy jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:46 AM #20
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
keep in mind a lot of gas stations are franchised, and while it may say Sunoco on the sign, it's Owned by a guy who might live just down the street and is gonna carry a gun if he damn well pleases.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 AM #21
General_Patton (Banned)
ASHEVILLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
You could learn from the reasons he got caught.

The chick I'm talking to now works at a bank and is surprisingly open about what goes on there. I've been drunk and ran the whole "if I was to rob your bank" thing and if I were too (hypothetically) I would:

Bank is set up with entrance/exit on either side with the desk running along the wall. These are doors: [ ]

[-----------------------------]
______teller desk_______

At most banks, they keep major cash underneath the actually drawer. This cash isn't always necessarily the inked cash as some of it is from customers/for customers. When people rob them, they just think of the first layer. Always ask for both. Have a partner at the door, standing watch, keeping it open etc. Get cash from all tellers, both over and under, run out, shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes. GTFO.

Would never do it because: A) I love my freedom B) It's put you in a spot where you may have to kill someone, which I can't do. Most of the tellers at my banks are women.

Personally, I think it'd be cooler to rob an armored truck. Or rob the bank at night, break into the vault, gtfo by morning.

edit: maybe to get time: create distraction for cops at court house etc call in bomb threat or summin, idk. Or do it during a natural disaster.

Last edited by General_Patton : 05-24-2011 at 02:15 AM.
General_Patton is offline   Reply With Quote