PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2011, 05:53 PM #1
PlanetOrgasmo
Ahoy

How did this happen!?

I'm very curious, how did this come to be. I am phil veatch's brother so I have been part of uprising since the very beginning, and to pretty much the very end.
I admit I quit playing a few years ago and haven't kept up with the news what so ever. But what brought Uprising, which was pretty much just a memory, to be a professional team? Has paintball really become that broke? Or did Tommy some how mange scrounge up a team that was able to climb to the top?

I think its cool that uprising has it's name as a pro team, but in reality, this is Portland Uprising, not Uprising Nation.

Not trying to hate or flame or anything either, I'm just really curious.

Dinosaurlegs is my hero.
PlanetOrgasmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2011, 10:08 PM #2
robertbaines
Northwest

robertbaines plays in the APPA D4 division
ya im really curious about that to

Feedback
robertbaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:59 AM #3
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
This is Portland Uprising. Which has members that were apart of your brothers organization... and a few other really cool dudes thrown in so that it could stick around and compete.

I like to think of this team as the Uprising members that never needed to claim themselves. They just existed. After all... Uprising Nation is a state of mind. No doubt the members of this team possess that mind.

No need to include the leagues financial situation. If you were behind the scenes you would know this particular organization came to exist in proper fashion.

Much love to some of these fools and still a little bit to others.

In collaboration with Blacklist Media and Jimmy Hickey Photography.
6shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 PM #4
PlanetOrgasmo
Ahoy

Haha, that didn't answer my question what so ever. How did they get into the professional division? Did they play and win? Or did they buy their way in? Saying an organization came to exist in proper fashion means nothing.

Dinosaurlegs is my hero.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:24 AM #5
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
I guess I didn't think you were really that far out of the loop. From my point of view it all makes sense. sorry.

The league had decided Portland Uprising could fill an open spot in the pro ranks left by the separation of the Naughty Dogs. A group of friends decided to play paintball. Proper fashion bro...
Old 04-26-2011, 08:40 PM #6
PlanetOrgasmo
Ahoy

Yeah, well proper fashion back when I played was you had to be in the top 3 in semi-pro to get into pro. But like I said, I haven't played in multiple years.

Oh, and I saw the scores from HB, and all I can say is lol, what a shame.

Dinosaurlegs is my hero.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:31 PM #7
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
Well if you were anyone other than Phil Veatchs sortof little brother we would tell you our side. lol. I don't see you on your own bro's Uprising history thread... whats up with that ? You were around the whole time? filling pods?

Has anyone ever told you its really hard to take d2 and d1 players and win games in the pro bracket against the best players in the world.. during the biggest event of the season... which has been labeled paintballs return?

We capitalized on an opportunity. you should be envious of our life decisions. we stuck around. we didn't quit. you should hear some of our stories fool...

pick up a gun and start shooting people again. until then.. you are nothing.

...oh wait wait.. i even know what you are going to say next.. the crazy part is Tommy hardly paid for anything.

Last edited by 6shot : 04-26-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:13 PM #8
PlanetOrgasmo
Ahoy

Yeah, well I quit a dieing game that cost an arm and leg to play, so no, i'm not really envious of your life decisions. And yeah I do know what it's like to play as a d1 player against pros, I got my **** handed to me by the dogs plenty of times. That's probably why d2 and d1 players shouldn't be in the pro division.

This may also be for my personal hate for Tommy, how he was able to accomplish anything in life is a shock in itself.

As well as as the same goes for you, if you were anyone other than one of Tommy's dumb *** friends, I would tell you my side of the uprising story.

It's just a shame that Tommy had to come steal a name and turn it into something that UprisingNation was supposed to be against.

Have fun getting your *** handed to you, with an undeserved sense of accomplishment.

Dinosaurlegs is my hero.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 PM #9
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D4 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
Wow really? Theres always gonna be haters no matter what apparently. Kind of a dick move to come into their thread and talk **** but whatever.
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:21 PM #10
fatballer189

Haha Uprising for the win!!!

I remember win uprising nation was playing local stuff. Loved going out and watching them.

I am just glad that a local team was able to build them selves back up and make it to the pro division.

To be honest dont really care how I happened. I'm just glad it did!!!
fatballer189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:22 PM #11
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D4 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
Ya doesnt matter how they got there in the end they are there reppin the NW. So they got spanked in HB big deal they are the new kids on the block and will take a few knocks to the head here and there but thats what its like going to a new bracket/division. Just gotta learn from it (and they are) and then come back and kick some ***( which they will).

Take it all Uprising!!!
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:17 PM #12
PlanetOrgasmo
Ahoy

Well I was surely a notorious hater on PBnation back in the day, keepin up with the name I guess.

So only thing you can do is prove this hater wrong in Chicago I guess.

Dinosaurlegs is my hero.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:21 PM #13
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
Don't you see that we did what uprising stands for. we infiltrated the system without playing by the "rules". you should respect that.

we decided to start the team in the pro division,haha. that has to be the coolest way to do it, and.. i actually disliked dealing with tom which ultimately led me to leave the team : /

hopefully they can bump up some positions in Chicago. as far as i am concerned you don't really count for anything. if your bro is displeased he should say something. either way the team will remain.. and get there *** beat if they have to. but they still get to compete with the best in the world until they finally prove themselves.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:18 PM #14
midgetnikv2
Uprising Soldier

Is that really wes?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 PM #15
PlanetOrgasmo
Ahoy

Haha, yes it is me.

Dinosaurlegs is my hero.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:06 PM #16
anti55hero

has been a member for 10 years
Ok, first off, I actually appreciate Wes bringing this up. Its a valid question. As for him being in the history, he should be, and thats my mistake in leaving it out. I also left out the whole Uprising kids part of the story and how he was around for the entire life of Uprising and before.
Second, Tommy had talked to me about this pro spot, me playing, and the potential use of the Uprising name long before the NPPL had even decided to allow the team in. Also long before many of the current players where chosen, and not to take away from any of them, because I dont know many of them, but the roster we were talking about was a lot different. I was and am not able to play with the team right now and a number of other potentials where not able to either. So tommy has done what he had to to fill a roster and show up. I will admit, I am pretty embarrassed by the showing at HB. BUT, its also the first event, as well as the highest level event for many of the new players on the team. It takes years of being beaten on for a team to come together, and hopefully having the name Uprising will promote some attention, possibly pull some funding, and bring in some players that can help build the team up. There will undoubtedly be some players coming and going, and hopefully one day I can be one of them haha, but in the end I hope the team and the idea that started in my (and wes's) backyard can survive and be successful. Especially in paintball's "rebirth" if it ends up that way.

Join the SWPPL Senate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Phoenix CONTACT - Powered by - BOB LONG, VIRTUE, VALKEN, HK ARMY, SLY, GOG, CENSYS DESIGN LAB,
anti55hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 PM #17
Giruc

Annual Supporting Member
Giruc supports Team VICIOUS
Giruc plays in the APPA D4 division
Giruc is attending Decay of Nations VI
Giruc supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOrgasmo View Post
Yeah, well I quit a dieing game that cost an arm and leg to play, so no, i'm not really envious of your life decisions. And yeah I do know what it's like to play as a d1 player against pros, I got my **** handed to me by the dogs plenty of times. That's probably why d2 and d1 players shouldn't be in the pro division.

This may also be for my personal hate for Tommy, how he was able to accomplish anything in life is a shock in itself.

As well as as the same goes for you, if you were anyone other than one of Tommy's dumb *** friends, I would tell you my side of the uprising story.

It's just a shame that Tommy had to come steal a name and turn it into something that UprisingNation was supposed to be against.

Have fun getting your *** handed to you, with an undeserved sense of accomplishment.

just saying bro becoming pro itself is a accomplishment people regardless ppl look up to u and love and admire u the uprising guys are some the coolest guys i know and when ur the new kid on the block and u get **** handed to well its a part of life and should fuel ur fire to win more and get that title one more thing if d2 and d1 shouldnt be in the pro division who will carry the torch once these other teams retire? has to be someone