Old 05-22-2011, 01:56 PM #1
bulldogs58

bulldogs58 is playing at Living Legends V
bulldogs58 is for the Gunfight
bulldogs58 is for the Gunfight
bulldogs58 posts videos on PbNation
bulldogs58 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
question about selling rubys

I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and can buy gems such as ruby's cheap. I'm looking to send some home and sell them for profit. my question is how do i go about getting them appraised, and and who would buy them suck as jewelry stores or pawn shops. any advice would be very helpful
bulldogs58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2011, 09:13 PM #2
claustin10

has been a member for 10 years
There's a few things that come to mind reading about this that may not be huge hurdles but could help save you money or a hassle.

First, I would make sure the gems you buy are real. If possible get paperwork verifying authenticity, or have someone who is an expert look at them. If you end up buying fakes it'd be about like throwing money away.

Second, look into the legality of importing them. There shouldn't be any legal problems but going to jail for skirting regulations or missing a tax would suck.

My last piece of advice would be to either work with an expert in gems or spend as much time as possible becoming and expert in gems. This way you will be able to know exactly what it is you are buying, have a better idea what it is worth, and usually better networking for selling them. It's important to know your product in any sales situation.
claustin10 is offline   Reply With Quote