Community Focus

Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM #1
Stewie28

Stewie28 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Stewie28 supports Team VICIOUS
Stewie28 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bunkering

so tis is my second tourney and i was wondering when whould be the best time to bunker someone and underwhat surcumstanses should you bunker someone and things along those lines also i play 3 man
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 PM #2
Pinoy Monstar (Banned)

Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pinoy Monstar is for the Gunfight
Pinoy Monstar supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie28 View Post
so tis is my second tourney and i was wondering when whould be the best time to bunker someone and underwhat surcumstanses should you bunker someone and things along those lines also i play 3 man
when your up bodies for 3 man say 2-1 and if you can get close enough go for it. If the other team has a player is a key position on the field and you have a guy close enough send him to go bunker him you would like to try and keep the other team out of the key spots on the field. Trading out is not so bad either when trying to get the guy out of his key spot. Also remember when bunkering shoot at something that will insure a break like his podpack. Do not try and bunker when down bodies.
Pinoy Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 PM #3
jbbunkerking101

jbbunkerking101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You should try to bunker someone when the person you want to bunker is close and when you feel that no one is really paying attention to you or doesnt see you. For example, If someone is really putting the heat on you and is simply lighting up your bunker, dont go. Also, as mentioned above by the other guy you should only go when you are up in players.
jbbunkerking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 PM #4
Stewie28

Stewie28 supports Team VICIOUS
Stewie28 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sweet thanks
Old 05-25-2011, 10:28 PM #5
Pinoy Monstar (Banned)

Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pinoy Monstar is for the Gunfight
Pinoy Monstar supports Sherwood Forest
also to add what i already said you dont always want to light the guys bunker up when running to bunker if hes not on you cause he will know someone is coming and will try and make a quick snap shot at you to get you out before you make it to him. But if he is on you and you want to bunker him you snap at him get him in the bunker and take control and make him stay in his bunker and run hard and get there and hopefully youll get him out or youll trade out which is not bad either
Pinoy Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:08 PM #6
PaintballManGod3005

PaintballManGod3005 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PaintballManGod3005 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PaintballManGod3005 is for the Gunfight
PaintballManGod3005 supports Sherwood Forest
whenever u can XD

STOP HATING
PaintballManGod3005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 AM #7
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
before you decide to even think about bunkering someone you have to first think, "do I need to do this?" or "can I do this easily without getting shot?". If you're up a body in 3 man there shouldn't really be a reason to bunker someone. Yo just stay alive and communicate. Put them in their bunkers and move up field.

If you decide to bunker someone though, You want to first figure out where the other guns are pointing. If you know they can't shoot you where you are and where you'll be running, snap out (when you can) put him in, and as soon as he goes in start running and gunning to keep him there. Try to come a little wide to get as early a shot on him as you can. Look for feet and packs and don't stop shooting until you're CERTAIN you've hit them. If you do it successfully you can then immediately take a new bunker or keep running through.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:29 AM #8
XxXBawlaXxX

XxXBawlaXxX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XxXBawlaXxX is for the Gunfight
If that person is at center home or aztec make sure you DO NOT run out of bounds
"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family.
It's about being a Hostile Kid."

Gearbag sale!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...124&highlight=
XxXBawlaXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:18 AM #9
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXBawlaXxX
If that person is at center home or aztec make sure you DO NOT run out of bounds
Hah. Guilty...
Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 AM #10
manwee
Explosive Kittens

manwee supports Team VICIOUS
Just saying you dont want to shoot the guys bunker if your going to bunker him unless you have to. If he knows wha he's doing he'll hear you coming and just pop out and shoot you. Also if you bunker the guy and dont get shot make sure you stop! people run down a guy and then just keep going for no reason and get shot.

"Are they my balls all over your face?"
Karma Police 12 - "OMG IT has the worlds first ever SLPR (super-low pressure lpr) cause its gonna run at negative psi. worlds first ever anti-matter marker."
SquareDorito,"I shoot and it's going right at them, then the wind comes in and is like LOL JK!!"
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
lucasicool is my best friend. I call him Rocky
manwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 AM #11
Rpfusa1
Raptor Jesus

Rpfusa1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwee View Post
Just saying you dont want to shoot the guys bunker if your going to bunker him unless you have to. If he knows wha he's doing he'll hear you coming and just pop out and shoot you. Also if you bunker the guy and dont get shot make sure you stop! people run down a guy and then just keep going for no reason and get shot.
To build on top of the bolded part, I highly recommend that when you go to bunker the guy (in the event that there are still players of the opposing team on the field) that you stop on the other side of his bunker and then reach around quick and bunker him. Not only do you eliminate him but you also have a bunker in front of you to continue to play from behind.
No sense in trading out when you don't have to
Old 06-01-2011, 10:22 AM #12
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Coenen has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXBawlaXxX View Post
+1 : Same goes for corner bunkers, if you decide to swing wide, don't swing TOO wide.

Long post coming...lots to say...

Personally, I think a lot of people play 3-man too conservatively. If you can pick your spots and recognize the opportunities you'll have plenty of chances to make big moves.

Step 1: Before you even play a game, walk the field thoroughly, note key bunkers, dead spots, potential blind shots, basically anything you guys think will be useful. Come up with a couple base plans for each field and make sure that everyone who will be playing knows their job 100% Somewhere in all of that thinking you'll probably think, "Hmmm, if I'm in Bunker X, and the bad guy is in Bunker Y I can probably go bunker him."

Step 2: Have your stuff ready as if you were going to play the first game of the day. If you're not playing the first game of the day, go watch that game. Even if the other teams aren't doing anything close to what you're doing it'll be important to either confirm or debunk some of your notions about the way the field plays. Here again you may recognize opportunities that you didn't see before, or a spot you thought might be good will turn out to be not-so-good.

Step 3: Pregame, make sure that everyone is ready, and knows their job, execution and elimination of mental mistakes is CRUCIAL. The less any of your guys are wondering or worrying about what to do, the more they can get comfortable and focus on just playing the game in front of them.

Step 4: The game, the hard stuff is done, just go out and execute the plan. Get to your spot, stay alive and be aggressive. If the team is playing and communicating well you should be able to get a good idea of where everyone is on the field and what they're doing...

OMG THERE'S A BAD GUY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND HE HAS NO IDEA I'M HERE!

Have you guys gotten your first 'G' yet? In my opinion, 3v2 and 2V2 are the best (and safest) times to bunker in 3-man. 3v3...there's a lot more risk involved if you screw up. 3v1 or 2v1 your man is going to be expecting someone to come and get him. In those situations it's best to rely on weight of numbers and methodical movement. 3v2 and 2v2 though, it is much easier to keep track of opposing guns on the field, there's only two of them after all! Secondly, many teams tend to be undisciplined in a two gun situation. If it is 3v2 obviously they won't be able to shoot at all three of you at once. If it is 2v2 they will often, knowingly or not, focus both guns on only one of your two players. The ability to recognize this situation and act is crucial...

From your field walking you should already have a relatively safe path to the bad guy's bunker in mind. You don't always have to walk right up to him and blast him either, if you can get outside or inside and put other bunkers between the two of you, all the better. A small [unseen] bump proceeding the big move can give you a great advantage. Several small moves can easily add up to one big move if you do it right.

Follow your gun down the field, you don't necessarily have to be shooting, but you'd better have your gun up and ready to shoot as soon as the opportunity is there. Not everyone will be playing up tight on their bunker, if the opponent is playing off his bunker a few feet and you're not ready when he comes into view, you're going to be in trouble. On whether or not to run and shoot, I'd probably base it on whatever I was doing before. If you're not shooting before you make the move, don't shoot as you make the run, and vice versa. You don't want to do anything that will help the bad guy perceive that his situation has changed.

If you are going to the guy's bunker, run straight at it. STRAIGHT at it. Don't pick a side to go around until that last split second. Watch for indicators of which side he's on, obviously you probably want to go to the side he's not watching. Once you get to the bunker and pick a side, go around and CRUSH HIM, if this is a tournament, there is no room for nicety when you're bunkering someone the way there is in recball.

Make sure you hit your man, preferably several times, and that the paint breaks. If he doesn't like it, too bad, he'd much rather have gotten shot once or twice, caught some lucky bounces and blasted you off the field. No matter what, if you go around that bunker, your man MUST have paint on him when you come out the other side. That way, even if he shoots you as well, you can argue (not too much) for a trade out.

Assuming you live, you need to decide whether to bunker back down or continue the run. All of your mental prep should have you in good shape there. Press the move as far as is sensible, after you bunker your man get your gun up and rolling on the next available target or until you reach a safe place.

Lastly, PRACTICE! Find another 3-man team that is on, or above your level and arrange a scrimmage, play as many games as you can. Learn and apply what you have learned. Don't take practicing or scrimmaging too seriously, try new things, shuffle playing positions around. One of the most productive scrims my team ever had, we decided that everyone would do a different job and use different break-out schemes every game. We got our butts kicked the majority of the day, by a team that wasn't really better than us, but the experience was invaluable. However, if all you are practicing is your strengths, then you are wasting the practice.
...and it's gone.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:32 AM #13
BYT Assassin

BYT Assassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BYT Assassin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I believe that it should be catch the player of guard running at full speed and aim any where on the body but just make sure that his not noticing u why u run. When he is shooting cross field thats the time to run, But you never know its a 50 chance that u might not even get him so its better to snapshoot the crap out of him
BYT Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 AM #14
Taylew

Taylew is playing at Living Legends VI
Taylew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Taylew supports Team VICIOUS
Taylew posts videos on PbNation
Taylew has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would overshoot them to garuntee a break
Old 06-01-2011, 12:25 PM #15
Gamma1920

you should bunker someone when you are real pissed off and want to aim for the neck!

haha jk. or you know they suck...

back in the day i was crawling up the snake playin a bunch of noobs. the guy in the back right was shooting towards the center 50 not paying attention at all to their left flank...came right up that **** and shot his ***. Then i picked off the rest of their team from behind. awesome!
Gamma1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 PM #16
ego0809
Me Gusta

Annual Supporting Member
ego0809 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
ego0809 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ego0809 supports Team VICIOUS
ego0809 supports our troops
ego0809 is Legendary
ego0809 supports DLX Technology
like 3-5 shots will do ya the trick
ego0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:13 AM #17
manwee
Explosive Kittens

manwee supports Team VICIOUS
BYT assassin. Please dont. also Coenen. From my experience one of the best times to go bunker people is when its a 3v1 the guy could manage to shoot all of you out. Ive done it most of my teams done it. Sacraficing one guy to get him out 100% is worth it instead of chancing it. Also if the guy is last alive and is the snake corner and your in snake. Just go run him down, all the way as fast as you can. he'll be to busy stopping the other guys from going down the doritos.

"Are they my balls all over your face?"
Karma Police 12 - "OMG IT has the worlds first ever SLPR (super-low pressure lpr) cause its gonna run at negative psi. worlds first ever anti-matter marker."
SquareDorito,"I shoot and it's going right at them, then the wind comes in and is like LOL JK!!"
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
lucasicool is my best friend. I call him Rocky
manwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:22 AM #18
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Coenen has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You do have weight of numbers at 3v1, and it definitely depends on where the guy is, but if he knows what he's about, he's going to be expecting someone to come. I've seen lots of games end closer than they should have (or go the wrong way) because a team got sloppy at the end game trying to bunker one guy.

You are correct though; at 3v1 running a play to pinch the last opponent with two guns and sending your 3rd player to bunker him is probably the best option.
...and it's gone.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:54 AM #19
DeSaire

DeSaire owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I always try to bunker when someone is giving a teammate heat, make sure youre not in the lane of a opposite team player tho
DeSaire is offline   Reply With Quote