PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2014, 02:30 PM #1
ahunt01

ahunt01 supports Empire
Empire Mini GS Feedneck Problem

Hi all,
I took my new Mini GS out yesterday for the first time, and just realized that when I screw in the feedneck, it's off-set. It's not lined up right... Is this normal??? I should also note that the feedneck was twisting off for me when I was trying to put on my hopper, it came that loose. Is it supposed to be so easy to take on and off? I never over tightened it either, if I line it up straight, it's super loose.

Last edited by ahunt01 : 06-01-2014 at 02:37 PM.
ahunt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2014, 05:48 PM #2
silentstuget
support your local store

silentstuget has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
silentstuget supports Empire
loosen the screw under the feedneck clamp on the feedneck and you can straiten it out.
silentstuget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:55 PM #3
ahunt01

ahunt01 supports Empire
So that what that bottom screw is for!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:01 PM #4
ahunt01

ahunt01 supports Empire
Fixed! Thanks bro!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:12 PM #5
silentstuget
support your local store

silentstuget has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
silentstuget supports Empire
silentstuget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 PM #6
StevieG27
Night Night!

StevieG27 plays in the APPA D5 division
Does anyone know how strong these feednecks are versus the stock axe feedneck? My stock feedneck broke off this weekend and im trying to decide whether to get a violent series low feedneck or the empire vanquish one.
StevieG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:52 AM #7
IowaPaintballer11

Mine does the same thing i hate it

Icu Paintball Des Moines
IowaPaintballer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:47 AM #8
stygshore
Big Evil made me do it!

stygshore is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
my understanding is this is a nylon version of the new Empire Feedneck.

I could suggest taking the nylon piece off and maybe putting a couple O-rings or something with some friction around the neck before clamping the nylon feed back on.

Or some blue locktite on the threaded sleeve int he body if the whole neck spins on you.

Styg
stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:56 AM #9
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

If the nylon is spinning on the aluminum stub then I'd just put one layer of duct tape on the stub and reclamp the feedneck. The adhesive on the tape and slight compression should stop it from spinning.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:29 PM #10
IowaPaintballer11

I put some super glue on the collar then put it back on and it solved it for me.

Icu Paintball Des Moines
IowaPaintballer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:12 PM #11
Ahura_Mazda

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaPaintballer11 View Post
I put some super glue on the collar then put it back on and it solved it for me.
Super glue...yikes
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:22 PM #12
stygshore
Big Evil made me do it!

stygshore is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
least it wasn't epoxy, guessing if you loosens the lower screw and turns it hard enough the glue will break loose ( or he will unthread his feedneck if he turns the other direction )
stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:35 PM #13
MercSquad36

MercSquad36 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MercSquad36 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Same thing happens on my GS. Was loose from day one.. I think I'll try Ironyusa suggestion first.. See if that helps out
Luker Bolt
Pooty/Rhino short spring
Luker 15" .684
Violent trigger / low profile feedneck
----==OOOOOOO
MercSquad36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:49 AM #14
MercSquad36

MercSquad36 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MercSquad36 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Seems like the collar doesnt want to stay tight... after i tighten it down then put the collar on.. i put a full rotor on.. seems to get loose easily.. might have to loctite the collar and the tape inside on the nylon to make sure its secure.. not the best design for the feed neck.. its light.. just should of been one piece.. IMO.
Luker Bolt
Pooty/Rhino short spring
Luker 15" .684
Violent trigger / low profile feedneck
----==OOOOOOO
MercSquad36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM #15
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

Most manufacturers seem to be going that route so that if the neck breaks the body isn't ruined. You can buy the vanquish style feedneck and it will be the same fit, but the part is aluminum instead of nylon and those don't seem to move.

On my axe I use the original style nano feedneck and love it. They're impossible to find, but the violent series no pro is almost identical. I just don't know if you can remove the stub from the body, so I'd probably just order a vanquish neck.

Rotors are pretty heavy, but it still really shouldn't spin. I might also try a rough grit sandpaper on the bottom ID of the neck and scuff it up a little to kind of emulate knurling so it can grab better.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 AM #16
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercSquad36 View Post
Seems like the collar doesnt want to stay tight... after i tighten it down then put the collar on.. i put a full rotor on.. seems to get loose easily.. might have to loctite the collar and the tape inside on the nylon to make sure its secure.. not the best design for the feed neck.. its light.. just should of been one piece.. IMO.
The 2 piece feedneck is much stronger than a 1 piece, and easier to adjust. The reason we don't loctie the collar from the factory is because if people would like to change the feedneck its very easy to swap. In the past we had complaints that it was too hard to get the 1 piece feedneck off. Also the 1 piece feednecks were more prone to snapping off.
If you would like to keep the stock feedneck permanently all you have to do is patch it with a little loctite though most feednecks stay by simply hand tightening them. Just once you put your loader on always spin the loader clockwise, not counter clockwise.
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:59 AM #17
rf53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzell18 View Post
The 2 piece feedneck is much stronger than a 1 piece, and easier to adjust. The reason we don't loctie the collar from the factory is because if people would like to change the feedneck its very easy to swap. In the past we had complaints that it was too hard to get the 1 piece feedneck off. Also the 1 piece feednecks were more prone to snapping off.
If you would like to keep the stock feedneck permanently all you have to do is patch it with a little loctite though most feednecks stay by simply hand tightening them. Just once you put your loader on always spin the loader clockwise, not counter clockwise.
I just found this thread. I have the same problem. I have a one piece feedneck (no screw under the feedneck clamp) which is off center a bit to the left (overtight?). Is this from screwing in the loader clockwise? I don't want to bring it back to center since it would mean unscrewing it 1/8 of a turn, but will the fact that it is off center affect the paint?

rf53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:53 AM #18
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

plays in the NXL
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by rf53 View Post
I just found this thread. I have the same problem. I have a one piece feedneck (no screw under the feedneck clamp) which is off center a bit to the left (overtight?). Is this from screwing in the loader clockwise? I don't want to bring it back to center since it would mean unscrewing it 1/8 of a turn, but will the fact that it is off center affect the paint?

It will not affect the paint, its only cosmetic perferance.
That is not a Mini GS correct, that's just an older mini or Axe. Older mini's and Axes came with the 1 piece feedneck. The newer Mini GS and Axe Pro's come with the 2 piece feedneck. The 2 piece feedneck is available for purchase should you choose to upgrade. Here is a link to the description of the feedneck: http://shop.empirepaintball.com/prod...mping-feedneck
My Feedback +43, -0
Old 01-08-2015, 12:00 PM #19
rf53

Quote:
It will not affect the paint, its only cosmetic perferance.
That is not a Mini GS correct, that's just an older mini or Axe. Older mini's and Axes came with the 1 piece feedneck. The newer Mini GS and Axe Pro's come with the 2 piece feedneck. The 2 piece feedneck is available for purchase should you choose to upgrade. Here is a link to the description of the feedneck: http://shop.empirepaintball.com/prod...mping-feedneck
Mine is what is referred to here as a version 2 Mini. I works great, and I am only slightly annoyed that the feedneck came to be off center. I have no idea how this happened because I have not tried to mess with it. That is why I figure it happend over time by turning the loader clockwise. How else? One other thing, it is pretty much locked in place and would need considerable force applied to correct it, so as long as the paint won't be affected why bother? Should I?

As for a two piece upgrade... Is the two piece really an "upgrade". From reading this thread and others it seems that the two piece has a rep for getting loose while the one piece has a rep for being too hard to remove and snapping off. Wouldn't that just be trading one problem for another? At the end of the day I think I would prefer not having to tighten the thing or apply other solutions because of constant loosness.

I would be interested in hearing about other high quality after-market feednecks that have worked well with the Mini. Any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:38 PM #20
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

plays in the NXL
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by rf53 View Post
Mine is what is referred to here as a version 2 Mini. I works great, and I am only slightly annoyed that the feedneck came to be off center. I have no idea how this happened because I have not tried to mess with it. That is why I figure it happend over time by turning the loader clockwise. How else? One other thing, it is pretty much locked in place and would need considerable force applied to correct it, so as long as the paint won't be affected why bother? Should I?

As for a two piece upgrade... Is the two piece really an "upgrade". From reading this thread and others it seems that the two piece has a rep for getting loose while the one piece has a rep for being too hard to remove and snapping off. Wouldn't that just be trading one problem for another? At the end of the day I think I would prefer not having to tighten the thing or apply other solutions because of constant loosness.

I would be interested in hearing about other high quality after-market feednecks that have worked well with the Mini. Any suggestions?

You should understand that the Empire 2 piece feedneck available for purchase is made of metal and not nylon like the one that comes with the Mini GS.

You should also understand this is an old thread they they are talking about one of the first Mini GS's. After this we examined the Mini GS feedneck to make sure it was tight so other customers wouldn't have issues.

Your current feedneck is currently semi permanently locked on with liquid thread lock. If you remove your current feedneck whatever feedneck you install will also need to locked on with liquid thread lock or it will spin. Same goes for the 2 piece feedneck. The collar will need be screwed in and threadlocked to the body. The feedneck then clamps on top of the collar and my be easily adjusted to any orientation you like by just loosening the bottom screw.

If your are annoyed with the feedneck being not centered your may unscrew your current feedneck and re-lock it in a centered position however like I said earlier, since these are locked on with threadlocker it may be difficult to remove without causing damage to it.
My Feedback +43, -0

Last edited by sdzell18 : 01-08-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:12 PM #21
rf53

Quote:
You should understand that the Empire 2 piece feedneck available for purchase is made of metal and not nylon like the one that comes with the Mini GS.

You should also understand this is an old thread they they are talking about one of the first Mini GS's. After this we examined the Mini GS feedneck to make sure it was tight so other customers wouldn't have issues.

Your current feedneck is currently semi permanently locked on with liquid thread lock. If you remove your current feedneck whatever feedneck you install will also need to locked on with liquid thread lock or it will spin. Same goes for the 2 piece feedneck. The collar will need be screwed in and threadlocked to the body. The feedneck then clamps on top of the collar and my be easily adjusted to any orientation you like by just loosening the bottom screw.

If your are annoyed with the feedneck being not centered your may unscrew your current feedneck and re-lock it in a centered position however like I said earlier, since these are locked on with threadlocker it may be difficult to remove without causing damage to it.
I get what you are saying, but if my current feedneck is "semi permanently locked... with threadlocker... and may be difficult to remove without causing damage to it", how did it come to move to an off center position in the first place? Clearly, I haven't made an attempt to move it, and from what you are saying a routine bump during play or continual clockwise twisting of the loader would not budge it. You are right about one thing, it is not going anywhere right now because it is completely locked, so its not like it came lose and budged, and then became tight again. What gives?