Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2014, 02:34 PM #1
Gluecoma

Mini GS, reball trouble?

I tried playing reball with my Mini GS, but i had big issues with the fps.

The first shot was 150 and then the next was 270, som balls just rolled out of the barrel. The last time i used the marker with paint it was consistant.

Ive got a lurker bolt installed, and i tried adjusting the pressure with both the regulater and the velocity knob, but it was still inconsistant.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?
Gluecoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2014, 04:55 PM #2
got wake?

got wake? supports Empire
Reballs are usually undersized a good bit and are rarely consistent. Why the first shot was so low, can't help you there. Multiple possibilities.
got wake? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:41 PM #3
Gluecoma

We agreed to play with around 200fps, so I tried to tune it down, but it was just being inconsistent. It jumped from 150 to nearly 300 and then back down, up again and so forth. I am wondering if the spring is fault or if the lurker bolt is working incorrecly, but when i played with paint a couple of months ago I didnt have any problems. Cant hear any leaks and the battery was new.

Changed to mye etek 4 and didnt have any problems.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:54 PM #4
Jahdfather
Mini Master

Jahdfather owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Jahdfather has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jahdfather has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To be any kind of consistent a mini or axe needs a good bore match, usually a mild underbore for back pressure is best. With reballs being in the .675 ballpark you need a great tight barrel. That will both provide the slight underbore and stop your rollouts which will rock your consistency up much better.
AGD Minimag

Last edited by Jahdfather : 11-06-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Jahdfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:07 AM #5
Gluecoma

Yeah, but I even if i use the original barrel, is it possible that the fps jumps back and forth with 100fps? I could understand it if if was 10-20.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:33 AM #6
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
You can only turn the Mini platform down so far using the back cap before you lose any hint of consistency. Use the stickied method of setting your backcap then adjusting using your HPR to more consistently shoot around 200fps, that's the only thing I can think of.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:47 AM #7
Gluecoma

I tried doing that aswell, didnt resolve the problem. It was almost like the marker got tired after shooting a ball, so the next ball dropped alot in FPS, if I wait a couple of secs, the next shot is fine.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:32 AM #8
Ahura_Mazda

Since it sat for a couple months, you should put paint through it, and see if it is still consistent with the paint. If it is, then it's definitely the reballs, if not could be something else.
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:30 PM #9
BatmanLiera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura_Mazda View Post
Since it sat for a couple months, you should put paint through it, and see if it is still consistent with the paint. If it is, then it's definitely the reballs, if not could be something else.
bingo!
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:55 PM #10
Craptacular001
Bad Speler

Annual Supporting Member
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Craptacular001 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Craptacular001 supports DLX Technology
Craptacular001 supports Empire
At 200 fps... I dont think you would get any sort of consistency out of it. Was anyone else having issues and/or using an empire platform marker?
Craptacular001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:51 AM #11
Gluecoma

I was the only one using Empire, and when I changed to my etek 4 there was no problem.

Tried to jack it up to 290fps, but the inconsistency was still there. The light was also blinking orange/red once in a while, even when i changed batteries-
Old 11-08-2014, 09:22 AM #12
got wake?

got wake? supports Empire
You are missing that the Lurker bolt narrows the tuning window and needs the underbore more than the stock bolt. You'll have inconsistencies until you get a smaller barrel or switch to stock bolt. The Etek operates completely differently, which is why it worked great. The Axe/Mini inline bolt and poppet system is unique and many don't understand how differently it operates, which is why many don't get good results with them.
got wake? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 PM #13
SilentBall55

I use reballs all the time on my Axe. Just using my GS with reballs with no problems. Turning down the paddle feed pressure on your loader so you won't double feed.

The velocity does drop because reballs are smaller and heavier than paint. Most reball fields requires a lower fps for reballs.

The stock barrel to too large for these undersized reballs as well. I have a freak and I use the smallest insert that can still easily allow the ball to roll out. Random do that for at least 10+ balls. Because the reballs are hard rubber, if you underbore too much, it can get stuck in the insert.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 11-10-2014 at 10:36 PM.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:31 PM #14
surflamj

Annual Supporting Member
surflamj has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If it does it with paintballs as well I'd definitely give the poppet a look. Check the o ring and make sure it's lubed up nicely.
PM Me
surflamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:48 AM #15
Jeep4Life

You'll need to bore match them for best results. I've often seen fps jump 20 or more just by matching bore size to the reballs. Good luck.
Jeep4Life is offline   Reply With Quote