Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-07-2014, 06:00 PM #1
matts2axes

Loose empire axe foregrip

Just purchased a used axe and I'm having problems tightening the foregrip down without there being a large gap between the trigger frame and the foregrip itself. Wondering if there is a certain way to tighten it down or if there is a way to fix this?
matts2axes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2014, 03:44 PM #2
shokertm

shokertm owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shokertm supports Team VICIOUS
shokertm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shokertm supports DLX Technology
Undo all the screws and make sure nothing is blocking it

GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING PRICED TO SELL
shokertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:16 PM #3
hit_wiper

Is the foregrip loose that it wiggles? Or is it just the gap that is bothering you? The more you tighten it, the more it's going to push the grip away from the frame, since it seems to be a set screw/friction instead of a screw that would pull tight when threaded.

This is the gap on my axe, and was similar when it had it's original trigger frame before I color swapped. The grip isn't loose at all though.

hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:49 AM #4
matts2axes

Yeah that's the same gap only mine is bigger the foregrip is not loose even though the screws aren't tightened all the way. Just so that the foregrip doesn't wiggle there's still a gap thats really big though is there anyway to take care of that?
matts2axes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:30 PM #5
hit_wiper

I'm not an expert but I would assume that some grip frames and foregrips just don't match up the same, tolerance wise. I think I have seen pictures of frames that you couldn't even fit a piece of paper, and then frames with gaps like mine. I honestly think the dovetail that the foregrip slides in to is different on each individual frame.

I took the foregrip off the part swapped gun it's on and put it back on the olive frame it came with, and tightened the screws like I normally would. Look at the difference in gaps. Almost no light coming through

Last edited by hit_wiper : 08-09-2014 at 04:32 PM.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote