Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2016, 12:34 AM #1
Tukasbreath

Axe solenoid question

I just bought a barely used axe and was messing around with it. I don't have a tank yet but I would turn it on and turn the eyes off and "dry" fire it and it made a audible clicking noise.

Today I went to my local field oiled the orings and borrowed a tank and put just a few rounds trough it and everything worked fine.

When I got home and tried to "dry" fire again, the clicking sound was a lot more feint and less audible then it was when I got it.

Just curious as to what is going on, Thanks!
Tukasbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2016, 08:09 AM #2
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukasbreath View Post
I just bought a barely used axe and was messing around with it. I don't have a tank yet but I would turn it on and turn the eyes off and "dry" fire it and it made a audible clicking noise.

Today I went to my local field oiled the orings and borrowed a tank and put just a few rounds trough it and everything worked fine.

When I got home and tried to "dry" fire again, the clicking sound was a lot more feint and less audible then it was when I got it.

Just curious as to what is going on, Thanks!
You have nothing to worry about. That's normal. Some solenoids are louder than others.
It is normal to need to clean the solenoid piston periodically, usually it clicks louder after a cleaning. There are guides online on how to do so.
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote