Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM #1
blindside_matt

Annual Supporting Member
blindside_matt supports DLX Technology
Possible new speedball field - Downstate DE

Hey guys, with the closing of Pro Action Paintball is downstate DE there is definitely a lack of paintball in the area. Looks as if the only option without driving over an hour is OC Paintball (which to me is overpriced).

Myself and some business partners are seriously considering starting a new field. It would be regulation 5 and/or 7 man size with NPPL regulation bunkers and layouts. We would most likely start with one field and grow as the need arises.

Some highlights we are considering:
  • Regulation NPPL size and bunker layouts
  • REASONABLE prices (15-20 for entry and all day air)(45-55 for paint based on grade)
  • Field paint only (but it will not be overpriced!)
  • Food and Drink for sale
  • Speedball only (for the time being)
  • Saturday and Sunday play (possibly friday night)
  • Lighted nighttime play (maybe)
  • Small to start out but quality fields (no deflated and mismatched bunkers)
  • Located off Rt20 between seaford and millsboro

The goal of this post is to stir interest and HOPEFULLY provide some insight on how many people would SERIOUSLY consider playing here before the money is put into it.

Let me know how you guys feel about this. Kent and Sussex county I know you are hurting for somewhere to play!
blindside_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2012, 08:05 PM #2
austinjfc
No Pain, No Gain

austinjfc is for the Gunfight
austinjfc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I could name a good 12 people who would regularly go, because they feel the same way about OC paintball, and driving over an hour to OXCC or Mansion house are quite cumbersome.

I would shoot crappy whitebox to not have to drive 2 hours to play, or pay 95$ per case. Also, i know it say's speedball only but i could potentially hook you up with someone who can get enough pipe for a decent hyperpipe field.

I think it's potentially a great idea.

I don't really care whether I win or lose nor do I put much stock in how many people I get out, I just like to shoot at people.
austinjfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM #3
ghostranger
Nucking Futz

ghostranger plays in the USPL
ghostranger plays in the PSP
kool
P.A.P. Family
"#111 fan of myself"
Free Agent
ghostranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 PM #4
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D4 division
Paintball (speedball/airball) is dead in Southern Delaware and Maryland. There are no speedball teams anywhere near Kent County or Sussex County, nor any in Salisbury/OC area. I wish you the best of luck but I don't think its a wise decision, especially if you are looking to turn a profit.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:03 PM #5
Farfromdubbin
The Sniper!

If you build it they will come. Its been awhile since i shot anyone so i would come out and help support you all
2011 NASTY DX3
Farfromdubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:56 AM #6
blindside_matt

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
Paintball (speedball/airball) is dead in Southern Delaware and Maryland. There are no speedball teams anywhere near Kent County or Sussex County, nor any in Salisbury/OC area. I wish you the best of luck but I don't think its a wise decision, especially if you are looking to turn a profit.
Ever think this is because there is nowhere to play unless you want to drive extremely far or pay to much...? Lack of field = Lack of players
Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 AM #7
dj red dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside_matt View Post
Ever think this is because there is nowhere to play unless you want to drive extremely far or pay to much...? Lack of field = Lack of players
Not the reason at all. Paintball in this area (speedball that is) died around 2007. Pro-action had reasonable prices for their field when it existed, yet only about 10 regulars would be there for speedball on a consistent basis. He packed that place with Woodsball players though.

Delmarva Paintball started out heavy in 2004-2007, then when speedball died in this area he moved outside and relied on woodsball to support his business.

I've been playing paintball since 1988 and I even used to run my own field for about 5 years in this area. Speedball is dead in this area, simply put. Its unfortunate but its the truth.

Again I wish you the best of luck and it would be awesome to see 4-6 speedball teams show up at your field on a consistent basis but its not going to happen. However I seriously hope I'm proved wrong because in the end it would be a good thing to have the Eastern Shore represented by more than 1 speedball team.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM #8
garebizzle
Garebear

garebizzle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
^^^^^

Well said. The idea of a new field may spark up some interest but that won't overcome the fact that paintball is still mostly dead in southern delaware. 10-12 consistent players isn't enough to keep a place going. 10-12 consistent teams is what is needed. Or a speedball field supported by multiple woodsball fields.
OXCC
Dangerous Power Sponsored
garebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 PM #9
captaindenali

I think this would be a great idea. If there's many guys like myself who are just sitting with the gear and the desire to play, but there's no where reasonable to go. OXCC is a long drive, and OC is rather expensive. We could really use a reputable facility in southern DE. I will certainly be there to play is you open a facility like you speak of.
captaindenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:11 AM #10
jsw620

jsw620 plays in the APPA D4 division
jsw620 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jsw620 supports DLX Technology
Surely would gather up my gear again and come play if this were to happen.
jsw620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 PM #11
dylan51

dylan51 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
can i hold tournaments
dylan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:49 PM #12
dylan51

dylan51 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
*can u hold tournaments
dylan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM #13
GW_04
Precision Paintball

I definitely would come out and play if you made it.
GW_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:01 PM #14
mace0700
Nraged #69

mace0700 donated to help Peyton Trent
mace0700 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mace0700 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mace0700 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have to agree with DJ, its dead in the lower Delaware area. all the luck to you.

Sponsors:
Kila Products
My Wallet
mace0700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 PM #15
debo4719

I'm getting back into the sport and it sucks that there are no fields except OC around.
debo4719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM #16
blindside_matt

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan51 View Post
*can u hold tournaments
We would definitely hold tournaments if the interest was there. Probably 3 or 5 man with decent prizes (guns, etc.)
Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM #17
dj red dog

so where do things stand? Any movement on this?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM #18
xer0 ph0kus

xer0 ph0kus owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xer0 ph0kus has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Not to be Debby-downer but a lot of the guys I know around the Dover area that play really like OXCC. It'd be hard to draw that group, including myself away from the field. Which would really only give you Sussex county to work with and that seems to be a total dead area for the sport.
xer0 ph0kus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:53 AM #19
PrecisionPaintballDE

All,

Thank you for your input and wishes of luck. We are moving forward in this endeavor under the name Precision Paintball. We will be operating in the Central Sussex County area, very close to the DSWA facility. To begin, we will be featuring a 7 man NPPL Regulation field, and we will evaluate our needs to move in the direction(s) of PSP etc or Woodsball as time progresses. We are proposed to feature a lighted, irrigated playing surface that will allow for competitive play at all times of the day, as well as the year. We are currently proceeding through the motions to meet State and County legal requirements, and anticipate a soft launch Mid to Late Summer 2012, with our Grand opening Early Fall 2012. More details to come as they develop. We look forward to having many of you check us out and help us grow our sport. Please feel free to PM me with any suggestions/concerns.
PrecisionPaintballDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 AM #20
dj red dog

With paintball already dead in this area, and with the NPPL being even more dead, I personally think the move to put up a NPPL field is going to spell even more doom for you. There are ZERO NPPL tournaments anywhere on the East Coast, yet on the flip side there are tons of PSP "Race2" tournaments on the East Coast.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM #21
PrecisionPaintballDE

Red Dog,

Thank you for your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it. This is something I have considered and the primary reason for us to go with an NPPL setup would not be because we are necessarily trying to promote the NPPL, but because their bunkers are considerably larger. We feel the Southern Delaware area has far more casual, walk on players than hardcore teams at this time. In a way, PSP would be more intimidating to casual players due to its bunker size and spacing. I cannot contest that true tournament players would prefer PSP, however, considering we will be starting with one field and had to make a choice, a NPPL set is the most well rounded to accommodate all types of players. One of our first additions will be a PSP field, especially as we begin to attract tournament players and hopefully cultivate new teams. I truly appreciate your concerns, as they keep me thinking and offer a different perspective on this endeavor. We hope you will join us for some paintball in the future.
PrecisionPaintballDE is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups