PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 AM #1051
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Thanks, he was a bit of a surprise but a good one for sure.

Just posted this in another thread and though it may not be a great post hopefully there is helpful info for any of you all who may be interested. Alot of it just a re-typing of what is in my own study bible.

Copy pasta cuz I'm lazy.

Quote:
originally posted by; Me

If you are interested in picking up a bible for this: As well as picking up an edition that you are comfortable reading, (translation such as niv, nlt, nkj.. etc.) a good study Bible would give you insights and context as well as historical setting that would help you those questions. Again going with the idea of picking one up, I would suggest going to a Christian book store to pick one up where I'm sure the salesperson would be happy to help you find the best Bible for you, as opposed to a chain book store or inline where, though maybe with good intention, they may just point you in the direction of "we really sell a lot of these."

If you're not interested in picking up a new bible or you have one already, from a Christian perspective this (the bible) is God's message to you to help you know Who He is, what His character is like and how He wishes to relate to you/you to Him.

Other notes that may be of help from my study Bible:

"Interpreting:
....As you read Scripture, always keep in mind one simple question: "What does this mean?" To answer the question requires the use of the most basic principle of interpretation, called the analogy of faith. which tells the reader "interpret the Bible with the Bible". Letting the Holy Spirit be your teacher (1 John 2:27), search the Scripture He has authored, using cross references, comparative passages, concordances, indexes and other helps."

Errors to avoid:
Do not draw conclusions at the price of proper interpretation. That is, do not make the Bible say what you want it to say, but rather let it say what God intended when he wrote it.
2. Avoid superficial interpretation. You have heard people say,"To me, this passage means...", or "I feel it saying...". The first step in interpreting the Bible is to recognize the four gaps we have to bridge: language, culture, geography, and history.
3. Do not spritualize the passage. Interpret and understand the passage in it's, normal, literal, historical, grammatical sense, just like you would understand any other piece of literature you were reading today."

"The MacArthur study Bible" nkj version.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 PM #1052
procyonwarrior

procyonwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
procyonwarrior has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Alright guys I need some prayer. I'm feeling some what overwhelmed with everything right now. With leading the youth and needing/wanting to spend time with the kids. Teaching Sunday school class for a different age group. Doing other stuff with the church like making advertisements for groups and they give me no information and yet i'm supposed to just make something. To school and starting another class yesterday that I thought was three months but now I have learned its only two months. To needing to work a part time job so I can pay bills and save money for this and that. To being single and wanting to be in a relationship, it so hard to find a good christian woman locally at my age, 27, yet feeling like you have no time to even date let alone court some girl. Anyway my hands are up in the air.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 PM #1053
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Can absolutely pray for your concerns. Can also tell you that it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'm sure you have heard it before but if not I'll say it here, it's ok to say no. Even to good things.

Something I've learn to keep in mind is; Sometimes if you don't do it nobody else will. Other times if you do do it nobody else gets to.

I also usually steer away from relationship advice but felt like saying "good christian woman" is a redundant statement, kinda like saying icy ice.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 PM #1054
shooteronyour6
...uses PB to share Jesus

shooteronyour6 helped look for balloons
Hello guys/gals; I have an urgent question for you...
A. I purchased an ION w/Virtue board. Upon receiving it, it would cycle w/o paint. But when I placed paint in it; both with hopper and then by hand, it would not shoot the ball out.
I checked for paint to barrell compatabilty, and it was acceptable. The balls would not roll out freely. However, when I gave a [light] blow, the ball shot out easily.
So, I'm wondering if the Virtue is even compatable with CO2. I've owned/shot ION with CO2 before; one with a regular board and another with a Blackheart board. They had absolutely NO issues.
Now, if this board is in fact compatible with CO2, what needs to be done to rectify it? It is a [decent] gun, and would hat eto let it go...especially since I ordered a Stiffi for it already....
PLEASE HELP!!!
Psalms 40:2-3
FeedBack link:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oote ronyour6
Old 02-17-2012, 11:08 PM #1055
Avenger5
Submarine Service

Avenger5 supports Team VICIOUS
Avenger5 plays in the APPA D5 division
First, I'd say get rid of the co2 as soon as possible. It is gonna mess up the internals by freezing stuff that shouldn't be frozen. But the problem you are facing could be with the board itself. Call up virtue and ask to send it in and they should fix it or replace it. Good luck man!

Hey guys! Been awhile since I posted. I'm in my last semester of high school! Hopefully, I will be going to MEPS here in the next few weeks to get a physical and see if I can get the job I want in the Navy.

I've hardly had time to even think about playing paintball with work and school. It really sucks to see my babies just sitting in my room and not get played with haha
But I have picked up the guitar again and learned a few stuff from David Crowder and Chris Tomlin. Fun stuff!

EDIT: Mark, that is one funny quote! Dig it!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:29 AM #1056
TyphoonX
Sins Erased

Howdy Krew. Hope all is well.

Basic PB
Christ Krew #246 - Sins Erased - Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain
Old +12/-0
Old 02-18-2012, 08:35 AM #1057
procyonwarrior

hey shooter if the gun shoots fine w/o paint but doesn't with I'm wondering if its a dwell or eye problem. there might not be enough pressure behind the ball to shoot it out as well. You probably have done this but w/o paint cycle the gun with your hand covering the front chamber w/o the barrel on. If its a solid shot on your hand that maybe the pressure is fine and there is another issue. but if the gun is shooting fine w/o paint it should not be the board. If you are going to use co2 use a tank with a siphon tube, that will decrease the likely hood of parts freezing up...or just don't shoot so fast don't have a siphon tank, a remote system will pretty much do the same thing.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:37 AM #1058
procyonwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Can absolutely pray for your concerns. Can also tell you that it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'm sure you have heard it before but if not I'll say it here, it's ok to say no. Even to good things.

Something I've learn to keep in mind is; Sometimes if you don't do it nobody else will. Other times if you do do it nobody else gets to.

I also usually steer away from relationship advice but felt like saying "good christian woman" is a redundant statement, kinda like saying icy ice.
Thank thanks brother. What I'm doing with the church and everything else are things I actually need to do believe it or not. I have no problem with saying no to people...in a Wise as a serpent but gentile as a dove" way

hey Avenger, the ARMY Chaplain candidate will be praying over your NAVY career.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:14 PM #1059
TyphoonX
Sins Erased

Well Krew I had to be that PBN'er that no one really likes. I agreed to a deal for a Geo+. Then a Geo+ offer w/ a 3 piece barrel kit and pair of I4's came into my inbox. Great thing is that I was able to help someone out, his sale thread was open for just a couple of hours. Oh and I saved $10 on top of it all.

Please forgive me Krew.

Basic PB
Christ Krew #246 - Sins Erased - Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain
Old +12/-0
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 PM #1060
shooteronyour6
...uses PB to share Jesus

shooteronyour6 helped look for balloons
Hi Procywarrior and all my friends and brothers and sisters in Christ!
Procy-->>I will do as you suggested. I too have a suspicion that the dwell or something similiar is the culprit. To be honest, I had totally forgotten that I could do that with the front (air pressure)test. Leave it to you to lead me down the right path...lol. (I miss our pm's!)
According to the a Tech at Virtue, the board/eyes seem 'ok'. But for my info, what would I be looking for if it were the eyes?
By the way, I got your back on the prayer! (I may not get on here much, but rest assured that I do hold this ministry CK has here up to The Lord Jesus Christ!
Psalms 40:2-3
FeedBack link:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oote ronyour6
Old 02-19-2012, 12:32 AM #1061
Avenger5
Submarine Service

Avenger5 supports Team VICIOUS
Avenger5 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyphoonX
Well Krew I had to be that PBN'er that no one really likes. I agreed to a deal for a Geo+. Then a Geo+ offer w/ a 3 piece barrel kit and pair of I4's came into my inbox. Great thing is that I was able to help someone out, his sale thread was open for just a couple of hours. Oh and I saved $10 on top of it all.

Please forgive me Krew.
Dude that is one awesome deal! I thought about getting a geo but I think I'll wait until I get out of A-School so I know I'm settled and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procyonwarrior
hey Avenger, the ARMY Chaplain candidate will be praying over your NAVY career.
Thanks man, much appreciated!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:33 AM #1062
Lil Roundhouse
Actually Jan '06

Lil Roundhouse plays in the PSP
Lil Roundhouse supports Cereal Killerz 2
Lil Roundhouse is an NCPA player
Lil Roundhouse plays in the APPA D4 division

some of us are getting together again to play paintwarz and hopefully start everything up again this was at practice yesterday

DYE † APD
ByF8th D2
RIP 23 :(
Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 PM #1063
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

With CEP playing pro, it would be so awesome to see another Christian based team make the pro leagues. Imagine that.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:06 AM #1064
procyonwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteronyour6 View Post
Hi Procywarrior and all my friends and brothers and sisters in Christ!
Procy-->>I will do as you suggested. I too have a suspicion that the dwell or something similiar is the culprit. To be honest, I had totally forgotten that I could do that with the front (air pressure)test. Leave it to you to lead me down the right path...lol. (I miss our pm's!)
According to the a Tech at Virtue, the board/eyes seem 'ok'. But for my info, what would I be looking for if it were the eyes?
By the way, I got your back on the prayer! (I may not get on here much, but rest assured that I do hold this ministry CK has here up to The Lord Jesus Christ!
shooter: there are a few ways to see if the eyes are bad. 1. turn them on and try to shoot the gun w/o paint, if the gun shoots as fast as it can then the eyes are bad. most of the time guns will shoot with eyes on but with no paint the gun will shoot at a slower pace, if the gun is shooting as fast as it can then the eyes are not telling the board "Hey no paint, slow down!" lol 2. the gun doesn't shoot at all with no paint lol. I can't remember how the virtue board works, even though I have one, and not sure about the one they made for ions. The virtue board i have for my timmy the light will turn a certain color when the ball is in the chamber meaning the eyes are reading a ball and the gun is ready to shoot. then there is another color if the eyes are not reading any paint, the gun will still shoot just at a slower pace.

From what I remember about the ions their stock reg was kinda tricky, you really had to shoot a lot of air through them when they were new. a few people told me you had to turn the reg all the way up and then work it down to the right point. but then you also run risk of blowing the noid and other parts of the gun so I wouldn't do that lol

the dwell for guns can be a pain in the but. i would look up what the best settings are for ions with virtue boards are and just go from there. I'm sure pbnation has a ion thread and most of the time the admin for the thread has already posted up best programming settings.

Last edited by procyonwarrior : 02-20-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:18 AM #1065
procyonwarrior

speaking about a rebirth, what about that discussion about a christ krew get together??
Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 AM #1066
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by procyonwarrior View Post
speaking about a rebirth, what about that discussion about a christ krew get together??
I'm always down for that!^^^^

Vijil, I watched your concept art video you tweeted
Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 AM #1067
Lil Roundhouse
Actually Jan '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
With CEP playing pro, it would be so awesome to see another Christian based team make the pro leagues. Imagine that.
jeese ive been out of it for a while i guess. when did they go pro?? That was a fun group to play against for sure.

DYE † APD
ByF8th D2
Old 02-20-2012, 12:35 PM #1068
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
Cep went pro last year iirc.

I'm itching to play, or at least start working out, and doing drills at my house.

Follow BASIC on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Christ Krew Member #46
1 John 4:19 We love Him, because He first loved us.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 PM #1069
Lil Roundhouse
Actually Jan '06

Im curious what you guys have to say about this article.

I still dont really know what my views are about this, i feel like I know what they should be and maybe its just being a 20 y/o male that makes it so easy to see both sides.

DYE † APD
ByF8th D2
Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM #1070
procyonwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Roundhouse View Post
Im curious what you guys have to say about this article.

I still dont really know what my views are about this, i feel like I know what they should be and maybe its just being a 20 y/o male that makes it so easy to see both sides.
I had to stop reading the article because I have a short attention span...darn you ADHD. Its probably true, didn't think it was as high as 20% but I knew it was high. that is why I never give the message "don't do it because the Bible says so" speak but rather talk about real issues. I'm 27, never had sex. there has been plenty of times when I could have, but I'm thankful I have not done it. You can be a virgin, you can be and still have an awesome life. I would say, as if my opinion mattered, the church needs to man up...literally.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM #1071
I'mAdamB

I'mAdamB owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Roundhouse View Post
Im curious what you guys have to say about this article
Sad really. Read that and instantly thought of this....especially at about 27 minutes in...http://www.northpoint.org//messages/life_apps/part-1

New to PbNation. Glad to see this Krew exists!
Closed Thread