PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:29 AM #85
markcheb
surrender...don't move

shooter (Steve?) - post. I agree we tend to get it backwards when looking to Who is our provider (we like to capitalize our own names, if you know what I mean). Humility and repentance are awesome gifts from God.

Tanner - Gotcha in prayer brother, and good luck in the tourney.

Dom - My head is about to explode in excitement. I had no idea that this was in the works. Do you know where it is exactly? (not that Boyne Falls is a big town by any stretch of the imagination.) I'm goin to go do this for a while now.

To the on goin conversation about shooting and accuracy. I would suggest a lot more research and testing in live fire situations, just to be sure that we get as accurate information as we can on the topic. Theories are great and all, but "proof is in the pudding" as they say.

Now go shoot somebody!

In a loving Christian way that is.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32

Last edited by markcheb : 05-27-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2011, 11:50 AM #86
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
It will be at Boyne Mountain Resort. I guess it is a trail run for the owners of Boyne. But if it takes off I'll be helping out any way I can.

And are you planing on going to Flint on 6/4?
Christ Krew Member #46 / Matthew 10:32-33
Kryptonice 3.1 / Spire / Ninja 68 - Not F/S!
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM #87
shooteronyour6
...uses PB to share Jesus

shooteronyour6 helped look for balloons
Yes, Markcheb it's Steve. What I thought was ironic about that is that it appeared as though The Lord was say'n that the animals have more sense than we do. lol

Prayers are gone up concerning God's will for your life. Keep us posted? The ROTC can be a very good thing....

I posted another section on 'Justified' on www.neverlosehope.proboards.com if any one is interested. here's the link:
http://neverlosehope.proboards.com/i...play&thread=10
Psalms 40:2-3
FeedBack link:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oote ronyour6
Old 05-27-2011, 07:31 PM #88
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Sorry Dom but with having this weekend off, (4 days! wohoo!!) we'll have to work next saturday. not cool. You all still going?

Steve - It's just Mark, cheboygan is where I used to live when I first joined pbn. Apparently I'm not a very original guy.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
Old 05-27-2011, 08:11 PM #89
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

hey guys how is everyone doing? Had a really good band practice last night with my youth group. I have a feeling the senior saints at my church are going to want me roasted on spit after the youth band leads sunday morning worship in two weeks (yay for being the youth pastor)... we are doing songs like Jeremy Camps "take my life" which the teens are enjoying rocking out, and it is what they worship to but we will see if the church is ready for it.

my upped G3 f/s/t bring nerves ions or enmeys

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
Old 05-28-2011, 12:54 AM #90
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
Ya we are still going. I'm going to have a bunch of pics to show off.
Christ Krew Member #46 / Matthew 10:32-33
Kryptonice 3.1 / Spire / Ninja 68 - Not F/S!
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
Old 05-28-2011, 01:44 AM #91
Avenger5
Run Silent, Run Deep

Avenger5 supports Team VICIOUS
Avenger5 plays in the APPA beginner division
Thanks guys! I'll leg you guys know what happens as soon as I do!

Close fields are definitely a plus! Long drives every weekends suck, especially with gas prices :/

I wish our church played some newer stuff. Well, I don't mind the olden stuff, but after playing the same couple of songs from the 50's kinda drags it out. I like stuff from Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Hillsong, MercyMe, etc. Stuff that makes you just want to go crazy for Jesus!
Christ † Krew #258
SSBN 733 USS Nevada MT-Div

Old 05-28-2011, 05:18 PM #92
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Over here it's the opposite Avenger, all the churches are competing to have the newest songs, most intense worship, best stage lighting setups etc. - they're run like a show. What it basically means is that all the young people in a city or area will go to whatever church is in fashion right now. Whichever one everyone is going to because it's cool and stuff. Church here is a fashion statement for many.

The churches seem to have embraced this - I guess they figure it doesn't matter so long as it gets people in the door. The problem is that a lot of these churches measure their success by their profit and size, like a business. Unfortunately that means that any aspect of the service that is seen as boring (communion) or controversial (preaching on the various topics in which we tend to disagree with current societal trends) is quickly dropped. Anything that increases the take at the offering (constant preaching on the importance of giving, tithing theology, prosperity theology) is maximised. Anything that gets more people in the door (good music, lighting, sound, emotionalism, showmanship) is also maximised.

So churches here run like businesses with the people being their clients. The tithes and offerings are the revenue. If I were to sit down and have a big think about how to run a church so that A: I maximised the number of people there and B: I maximised revenue, I'd do it exactly as most churches here do it. Hilsong is no exception.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:29 PM #93
shooteronyour6

Hoping that everyone here has a great weekend and that you stay safe.
FeedBack link:
Old 05-28-2011, 09:23 PM #94
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk plays in the APPA D5 division
xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
Over here it's the opposite Avenger, all the churches are competing to have the newest songs, most intense worship, best stage lighting setups etc. - they're run like a show. What it basically means is that all the young people in a city or area will go to whatever church is in fashion right now. Whichever one everyone is going to because it's cool and stuff. Church here is a fashion statement for many.

The churches seem to have embraced this - I guess they figure it doesn't matter so long as it gets people in the door. The problem is that a lot of these churches measure their success by their profit and size, like a business. Unfortunately that means that any aspect of the service that is seen as boring (communion) or controversial (preaching on the various topics in which we tend to disagree with current societal trends) is quickly dropped. Anything that increases the take at the offering (constant preaching on the importance of giving, tithing theology, prosperity theology) is maximised. Anything that gets more people in the door (good music, lighting, sound, emotionalism, showmanship) is also maximised.

So churches here run like businesses with the people being their clients. The tithes and offerings are the revenue. If I were to sit down and have a big think about how to run a church so that A: I maximised the number of people there and B: I maximised revenue, I'd do it exactly as most churches here do it. Hilsong is no exception.
Sad There are churches like that over here too. It turns people away, and can give Christianity a bad name
Old 05-29-2011, 12:04 AM #95
Avenger5
Run Silent, Run Deep

There is one church here that is like that. It's really disappointing to see churches do that with the great potential they have.
Christ † Krew #258

Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 AM #96
procyonwarrior

procyonwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
procyonwarrior has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
you know the only way that a church can really grow is through discipleship. Growth through programs, music, and other lighting stuff makes the event a concert. I enjoy both modern hymns and older hymns. as long as the lyrics are praise they are good to go.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 PM #97
shooteronyour6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger5 View Post
There is one church here that is like that. It's really disappointing to see churches do that with the great potential they have.
Especially in the times that we're in right now. Something along this subject is that there are CHristian companies that could provide employment for others in the body of Christ, but choose to build their security; allowing others to go homeless.
When Jesus said:"..as you have done unto the least of these my little ones; you have done it unto me...." He was not kidding. Can you imagine the shame that they're going to have when they face Jesus? It's really sad....
FeedBack link:
Old 05-29-2011, 07:40 PM #98
shooteronyour6

Exclamation A personal invitation

I would like to invite you to read some thing that I have written about myself. It is the early years of my testimony...

http://neverlosehope.proboards.com/i...ead=3&pa ge=1
FeedBack link:
Old 05-29-2011, 09:07 PM #99
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteronyour6 View Post
I would like to invite you to read some thing that I have written about myself. It is the early years of my testimony...

wow, thanks man. I also tried suicided for me it was a couple years ago... I am forever grateful to my Christian brothers in the dorms and a couple guys here who sent me some pms during that time.. If it had not been for those who had stood against all hell for me on those nights I wouldnt be here today. In the end it was only God who could take the pain away, but they kept me among the living until I could see that.

my upped G3 f/s/t bring nerves ions or enmeys

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
Old 05-29-2011, 10:29 PM #100
Avenger5
Run Silent, Run Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteronyour6 View Post

Thanks for sharing Steve. I know that that is a difficult topic to dicuss, but I am grateful that you did share. One of my friends from Georgia that moved up here to Washington is going through a rough time and he told me a little while ago that he was contemplating it. I try my best to show him what the Lord has done for me and what He can do for him.

On a more up beat note, we placed first in the tournament!! It was our second tournament and it was a blast! Everyone showed great sportsmanship, which made it even better!
Christ † Krew #258

Old 05-29-2011, 11:36 PM #101
shooteronyour6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bait607 View Post
wow, thanks man. I also tried suicided for me it was a couple years ago... I am forever grateful to my Christian brothers in the dorms and a couple guys here who sent me some pms during that time.. If it had not been for those who had stood against all hell for me on those nights I wouldnt be here today. In the end it was only God who could take the pain away, but they kept me among the living until I could see that.
Praise The Lord, 'bait'. I am so happy to hear you giving glory to God in that dark time in your life! That is a really frightening realization huh? To know that the human mind can become so overwhelmed and our hearts so heavy that we cannot only consider it, but actually follow through with it? How depraved we are without GOD!
He is SOOO wonderful, huh? Thank you soo much for sharing this with me, Brother. It did my heart good!
FeedBack link:
Old 05-29-2011, 11:48 PM #102
shooteronyour6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger5 View Post
Thanks for sharing Steve. I know that that is a difficult topic to dicuss, but I am grateful that you did share. One of my friends from Georgia that moved up here to Washington is going through a rough time and he told me a little while ago that he was contemplating it. I try my best to show him what the Lord has done for me and what He can do for him.

On a more up beat note, we placed first in the tournament!! It was our second tournament and it was a blast! Everyone showed great sportsmanship, which made it even better!
"Lord Jesus, we lift Avenger's friend up to You right now! We ask that You will place a Hedge round about him and keep him from harming himself. We plead Your precious blood over him, asking that You rebuke the hordes of hell that has set their hands upon him.
"Lord Jesus, I ask that You send Your Holy Spirit into this man's life and give hope and life to the word that You have placed in this mans heart through Your children. Save his soul O Lord, and grant us the joy of rejoicing over one that You save. And Lord, I thank you for giving Avenger the wisdom to lead his friend to You. For You say in Your word that "Wise is he that wins souls; and we know that wisdom comes from You alone!
"Halelujah! Thank You Lords Jesus. Thank You for allowing us to use our pain for the gain of Your Holy name! Amen!!!"

congratulations on the win! :-))
FeedBack link:

Last edited by shooteronyour6 : 05-30-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: editing-lol
Old 05-30-2011, 12:56 AM #103
outlaw19
VA's Finest

outlaw19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
outlaw19 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post

I love my church because it has nothing like that. Old fashion baptist church, only instrument we have is a piano and only songs we play are hymns. I've been to a church or 2 that has all those instruments, lightning and all that and it doesn't feel like a church at all. It shouldn't be about numbers, quality over quantity. If you preach from the bible / God's word you will grow, you don't need all the extra "puff" then people aren't coming to hear the gospel they are coming to be entertained.

Anyways, got my grandma to finally come to church this morning, been trying to get her to come for months now. She always had a excuse. She believes in God and all and went to a pentecostal or w/e church her whole life. But she finally came this morning and said it was the best message she has ever heard in her whole life and even started tearing up. She also said she is going to start coming more often =).

Old 05-30-2011, 10:44 AM #104
shooteronyour6

Was happy to hear about how blessed your Grandmother was, Outlaw; goes to show how much we need each other to build each other up in our faith. Meaning how He used a modest Baptist church preacher in a Pentacostal womans life to bless her spiritual socks off. lol
Praise The Lord!

On another note: Good morning and God bless each and everyone of you and your beloved!
FeedBack link:
Old 05-30-2011, 09:42 PM #105
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Woot my Trracer showed up today! Looks hot with the primo too

Got a pops asa on the way to make it bottomline. Can't wait to play with it in a couple weeks
Closed Thread