Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 PM #64
Yyungballaer5
"I'm shooting people!!!"

Yyungballaer5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Yyungballaer5 supports Team VICIOUS
Yyungballaer5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bait607

none of my pumps ever had as much range as my electros... but that was because i could never get them up to 280fps
I have never played pump before but always thought it would just increase my skills for my tourney and competitive game

EvEn WhEn YoU cAnT sEe HiM... GoD iS ThErE... iF YoU BeLiEvE iN HiM, PuT tHiS iN yOuR SiG

SPG
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...624507&page=10
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM #65
916baller
I love dehr.

916baller is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
916baller supports DLX Technology
makes you choose your shots better

Shocker FS; Luxe FST. PM for Details

End of 2014 Comeback.....
Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 PM #66
procyonwarrior

procyonwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
procyonwarrior has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bait607 View Post
none of my pumps ever had as much range as my electros... but that was because i could never get them up to 280fps
we call that operator error bro
Old 05-25-2011, 01:25 AM #67
Avenger5
Run Silent, Run Deep

Avenger5 supports Team VICIOUS
Avenger5 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteronyour6

The first part of this is SOOO not true. But if that's your opinion, you're free to it. It's been proven countless times.
It is all about the regulators, bore match with paint and barrel, valves, etc. It's physics. All a pump marker does is that it forces you to make your shot count.
Christ † Krew #258
SSBN 733 USS Nevada MT-Div

Old 05-25-2011, 07:23 AM #68
shooteronyour6
...uses PB to share Jesus

shooteronyour6 helped look for balloons
Good morning and God bless each and every one of you and your beloved in the abundance of His love, mercy, and grace.
May He open doors of utterance for us that we may speak boldly in His name as we should. Knowing that the gospel of Jesus Christ is [the] power of God unto Salvation.
May The Lord, even Jesus Christ bless us and our beloved and keep us true to the cause of Christ this wonderful day; make His face to shine upon us and bless us in all that we set our heart to according to His leading, and keep our feet from slipping; our tongues from lies and deceit; our eyes stayed upon that which is pleasing in His eyes.
Psalms 40:2-3
FeedBack link:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oote ronyour6
Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 AM #69
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

Quote:
Originally Posted by procyonwarrior View Post
we call that operator error bro
nah it was an old nelson style (wgp ranger) the spring was basically worn out and since it just had the straight input pressure and I couldnt mess with the input I couldnt get it to go above 250 without it leaking down the barrel whenever it wasnt cocked. it was the guns fault not mine, i spent quite a bit of time messing with it trying to get it up to regulation (it had one of the wonderful velocity adjusters down the barrel so you had take the barrel off every time)... I could get my outkast pump up to regulation (280 fps) but it never shot any farther than any of my other guns (granted I was shooting autocockers at the time which are glorified pumps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyungballaer5 View Post
I have never played pump before but always thought it would just increase my skills for my tourney and competitive game
That it definitely will. I want to get a cocker pump again sometime for that very reason.

my upped G3 f/s/t bring nerves ions or enmeys

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 AM #70
shooteronyour6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger5 View Post
It is all about the regulators, bore match with paint and barrel, valves, etc. It's physics. All a pump marker does is that it forces you to make your shot count.
Kinda sounds like every other marker out there. If we have 'm set up right they work right. All I can say is that is that I had a stock pump and was able to make the shots that 'they' couldn't make because of its accuracy. I guess I was just blessed when I used it....
FeedBack link:
Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 AM #71
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
Pumps, mechs and electros will shoot the same distance. As long as each markers has the same barrel to paint match, paint, trajectory, and velocity. Sure some markers shoot smoother, ect. But pure physics prove that the paintball will travel the same distance. But we don't live in a vacuum, so the results will vary. No need to argue really, since there are too many factors in play. Pump is definitely fun, and I noticed an improvement in my shooting skills. I took my time, aimed (imagine that) and used proper paint to barrel bore match (mainly to prevent rollouts due to using an autococker pump), I got more "kills" with less paint. I did buy a CCM T2 last year, and don't get me wrong it was a great marker, I could not enjoy pump play with it for some reason. I really miss my cocker build I put together myself. I'll own another pump some day but I want to focus more on speedball. I could go for a cheap pump to get me by when I decide to play pump again, or just start a pump build project again.
Christ Krew Member #46 / Matthew 10:32-33
Kryptonice 3.1 / Spire / Ninja 68 - Not F/S!
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
Old 05-25-2011, 11:21 PM #72
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk plays in the APPA D5 division
xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey guys! How is everyone? My philosophy class makes my head spin lol, but I enjoy it. We are gonna start talking about God and all that jazz next week, could be interesting. I have just started a book call "If God, Why Evil" by Norman Geisler. My girlfriend bought it for me cause the whole God and evil thing has been on my mind alot. So far the book has been helpful. I will also need the knowledge of it to stand up for my beliefs in my philosophy class.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:51 PM #73
shooteronyour6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bait607 View Post
Just get'n around to this, but hey bait, a higher setting on your reg/velocity does not necassarily mean a longer shot. Jus that it get's there faster. I had a cocker that would not shoot good past 260-ish and that thing shot as far as my buds gun and more accurate. NOt every gun will work the same as what we consider common.
For example, my A5 shoots accurately above 260-ish and under 270-ish, but any more/less and its like watch'n a crow fly the paint flies so crazy. But another one I had would not shoot ggod under 270. Same barrell/paint too. So don't let that frustrate ya.
FeedBack link:
Old 05-26-2011, 12:57 AM #74
duos_scythe

duos_scythe is Legendary
Cockers are the perfect markers for those with the time and patience to constantly tinker with. I know a guy who is the ultimate cocker tuner and he still has issues. He is the owner of TC Paintball in Grand Rapids, MI. Planet Eclipse literally shipped all of their cocker parts to him and made him the person to fix anything eblade or their cocker parts related.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 AM #75
procyonwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkk View Post
Hey guys! How is everyone? My philosophy class makes my head spin lol, but I enjoy it. We are gonna start talking about God and all that jazz next week, could be interesting. I have just started a book call "If God, Why Evil" by Norman Geisler. My girlfriend bought it for me cause the whole God and evil thing has been on my mind alot. So far the book has been helpful. I will also need the knowledge of it to stand up for my beliefs in my philosophy class.
Brother please remember you do not need knowledge to stand up for your beliefs, you need wisdom. Event though you need to be educated please remember what provides 1 states. A criminal will steal the rail road tracks, you educate that criminal and they will steal the train of its tracks. The pursuit of knowledge will leave anyone empty or buffed up. The pursuit of wisdom is the beginning of fearing (respecting/relaying) on God.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:27 AM #76
procyonwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by duos_scythe View Post
Cockers are the perfect markers for those with the time and patience to constantly tinker with. I know a guy who is the ultimate cocker tuner and he still has issues. He is the owner of TC Paintball in Grand Rapids, MI. Planet Eclipse literally shipped all of their cocker parts to him and made him the person to fix anything eblade or their cocker parts related.
When ever I have gotten my cockers set, I have never had to mess with them. Matter of fact I have never had to mess with my 2003 e-cocker from eclipse.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 AM #77
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteronyour6 View Post
Just get'n around to this, but hey bait, a higher setting on your reg/velocity does not necassarily mean a longer shot. Jus that it get's there faster. I had a cocker that would not shoot good past 260-ish and that thing shot as far as my buds gun and more accurate. NOt every gun will work the same as what we consider common.
For example, my A5 shoots accurately above 260-ish and under 270-ish, but any more/less and its like watch'n a crow fly the paint flies so crazy. But another one I had would not shoot ggod under 270. Same barrell/paint too. So don't let that frustrate ya.
yeah i think a lot of that has to do with the bolts some bolts put different spins on the ball which can effect distance. They made/make a bolt for autocockers that puts a backspin on the ball giving the ball the same effect as a flatline barrel (for an example)

my upped G3 f/s/t bring nerves ions or enmeys

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 AM #78
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk plays in the APPA D5 division
xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by procyonwarrior View Post
Brother please remember you do not need knowledge to stand up for your beliefs, you need wisdom. Event though you need to be educated please remember what provides 1 states. A criminal will steal the rail road tracks, you educate that criminal and they will steal the train of its tracks. The pursuit of knowledge will leave anyone empty or buffed up. The pursuit of wisdom is the beginning of fearing (respecting/relaying) on God.

Thanks bud, I meant wisdom in context lol.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 PM #79
duos_scythe

duos_scythe is Legendary
I can't wait until Monday, going on a canoe trip with my grandpa and my 2 oldest kids. Going to bring the gopro to take a bunch of pics and video.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:28 PM #80
shooteronyour6

Hello guys; a bit l8 get'n here, but want you to know that I'm think'n of and pray'n for ya's!
Had a cool 'revelation' during prayer today that I'd like to share.... Was talking to The Lord about providing for those whou cannot afford to meet their financial obligations regarding rent, utilities, ins., food, etc; and The Lord showed me a picture of a baby bird with its head out of the nest just a squack'n away for food. And I was reminded of the scriptures that reveals that the animals look up to the heavens for their food.
In the same instance, I got a mental pic of what we do...absolutely nothing but try to fend for ourselves. No looking to God our provider or asking for His hand in guidance and protection, as well as provision, as we used to do in the OLD days.
I could not help but cry, and ask The Lord to forgive us for our pride; and for having turned away from Him like that when it is so obvious that He wants to care for us. Which is all to apparent with the sending of His Son, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Anyway, jus thtought I'd share that with ya's.
Hava gr8 night and God bless!
FeedBack link:

Last edited by shooteronyour6 : 05-26-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: edit~lol
Old 05-27-2011, 12:00 AM #81
Avenger5
Run Silent, Run Deep

Avenger5 supports Team VICIOUS
Avenger5 plays in the APPA beginner division
Hey guys, got a quick prayer request. As soon as my recruiter takes the final looks at my essays, I should be able to send in my application for the NROTC. I am very nervous because my GPA isn't the greatest and I just hope that they see all of my other attributes before I get written off. If this doesn't follow through, I'm not sure what I am going to do other than go to community college. If you guys don't mind praying for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!
Oh and I have a tournament this weekend so I am wicked excited for that, so hopefully, that helps
Christ † Krew #258
SSBN 733 USS Nevada MT-Div

Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 AM #82
duos_scythe

duos_scythe is Legendary
Hey Mark! I have some awesome news! TCP @Boyne Mountain! Store and field! Opens this weekend. I'm super excited about this news. Finally a paintball field and store around 20 miles from my house, and I don't have to drive 2+ hours for a decent field and air fills.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:42 AM #83
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

"Cockers are known for having a straighter trajectory"

Backspin is the only possible explanation. As far as I know though, you can't really get a ball to reliably backspin just using the bolt.

I believe all the "this gun shoots straighter" or "pumps are more accurate" etc. stuff is just subjective experience + a little wishful thinking and expectation. Nothing really in it.

I'm fairly clued up on aerodynamics and physics at least on a theoretical level (not so good at the maths) and I tend to trust what I know about how physics works. In a world where most people think you have to leave the engines on all the way to get to Mars to avoid slowing down, I suspect I'm better at physics than most.

What IS true is that a pump forces you to become a better player! You have no choice but to make those shots count.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:45 AM #84
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
"Cockers are known for having a straighter trajectory"
I know you're not the one to state this, but I didn't feel like searching for where it was said.

When you're shooting paintball markers at a fast pace, whether it be closed-bolt or open-bolt, the overall action is 99% identical. The bolt is in near constant motion and the bolt will always only push air out in the forward position. The entire accuracy argument with closed-bolt markers is a bunch of bull. I don't play paintball anymore, but I had owned two cockers in my life. Great, amazing markers. But the most accurate one I had ever shot was my DM4 with an Ultralite kit with matching bores to the paintballs.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Closed Thread