Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 AM #1
flash 51hh
fat guy with a gun

flash 51hh plays in the PSP
flash 51hh supports Team VICIOUS
flash 51hh supports Bob Gurnsey
flash 51hh plays in the APPA D4 division
thoughts for another event in riverton, wy

Hey guys I'm trying to talk zach into holding another event. This time we will have two divs 3 man beginner div and 5 man open problem is we will need ten teams per div to make it worth it. We would like to get everyones thoughts on if you guys would do field paint or byop, format of play( will be modified of course), we will make the layout psp regulation size. The event will be pre register. And there will be more reffs.
If you guys are interested please post up with your suggestions, concerns or coments
Check us out herehttp://www.heathenpb.com
Live the lifestyle, wake, eat, breath, sleep, live paintball
flash 51hh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 AM #2
N.F.A.-NEWT

N.F.A.-NEWT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
N.F.A.-NEWT owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I would be down for another tourny in Riverton. The 3 man beginner I think is an awesome idea! I have two boys that are dying to play a tournament. Byop on the 3 man beginner would be sweet i think. The 5 man would be cool as well. N.F.A. CREW would definitely look into making that one. What dates are you looking at? How big would the field be for the 5 man? Would it be sup-air?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 AM #3
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Annual Supporting Member
BigDaddyT75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BigDaddyT75 supports our troops
BigDaddyT75 supports DLX Technology
BigDaddyT75 supports Empire
Sounds like a great idea. Grant and I were actually thinking of a beginner event on the ride home from the tournament saturday. I am sure we could gather 2-4 teams (if not more) for the 3 man beginner as long as the entry fee is decent. And definately BYOP will be the easiest on them. We have alot of new guys in our area that are itching to try it out. But being new to the sport they aren't hooked enough to make themselves pay 50 - 60 dollars a case yet. Let us know what comes of this idea.

N.F.A. crew

Luxe 2.0 Dust Teal/Gloss Black
Geo 3.1 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Alias Timmay! Gloss Black/Gloss Red
BigDaddyT75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:36 AM #4
flash 51hh
fat guy with a gun

The field dimentions wil be regulation psp field 170' x 150' I believe we're not going to set a date until we find out if there is enough interest. Would you guys do a byop for the rookie and field paint for open? Just a thought I bet zach would be able to get a little higher grade paint for the open div if we asked although I didn't hear any complaints about the field grade we used. If this were to happen he said probably end of july. Would you guys prefer a psp legal fireing mode for the open class or uncapped semi? For beginner class we would make it semi cause there were a lot of tippmans and bts at the event sat. Let me know your thoughts on this. Oh yes zach is looking into getting some more bunkers a little better than what he currently has don't know if it will happen or not but he is trying to get a pretty good field going so I hope you guys are all a little understanding thanks again for your input

Last edited by flash 51hh : 05-17-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 AM #5
THE MEANSTREAK
TEAM MEANSTREAK

THE MEANSTREAK owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE MEANSTREAK owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE MEANSTREAK supports Team VICIOUS
THE MEANSTREAK has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I personally thought the paint sucked a$$, and would not pay $10 a case for that shizznit. I have never broken so much paint as in the tournament even shooting walmart crap. Nontheless if there was better paint available we would def like to play in a 5 man. Uncapped semi(read my sig), yes to regulation size field, and hopefully not such sh!tty weather. LOL
THE MEANSTREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:59 PM #6
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Annual Supporting Member
No complaints here on the type of bunkers Greg or Zach. Definately need more for 5 man and need to keep them aired up all day. However, we have been using spools and Barrels for 12 years now so it is hard to complain about any inflatables. Definately SEMI for the beginners. I have only played SEMI uncapped so it doesn't matter to me or the other guys I am sure we go with the flow. As far as the paint, our guys had a few breaks but in that weather I am sure it would have happened to any grade of paint. Ian, your guns were just mad at you for not using them enough. Gotta baby those babies and then they will treat you right. Maybe play more than once every 3 years . I do think that $50 was a bit high for that field grade (we can buy that same VALKEN field paint direct for considerably less)but hey a guy has to make money somewhere I guess and it did shoot well enough for us. I think we were paying $55 a case for PMI premium down at PAINTBALL ADDICTS in SLC. I could handle that a lot better. However, we have run many tournaments over the last 12 years and I do understand the dynamics of the cost involved. We will play anyway if the date is good. Hope my ramble helps a little bit.

N.F.A. crew

Geo 3.1 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki

Last edited by BigDaddyT75 : 05-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 PM #7
N.F.A.-NEWT

I to really didnt have any complaints. Starting out doing tournaments is not easy and a learning thing at first. The paint from what I heard from our guys was pretty good. But we are shooting stuff that is a little newer then what Ian is shooting..lol I mean he can shoot paint down field but so can a sling shot!!! The paint shot good but I too think the price was a little high for field paint. I do believe that the psp field size is 150 x 120. Now thats just the field. They say it should be 170 x 170 after you put the netting and dead boxs in. Just let us know what date you are thinking and we will be there for the 5 man.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:32 PM #8
zackc19

Hey ya'll. I realize that no one likes to pay $50 a case for paint, but I do have to make money somehow. I think most problems with the paint were because of the cold, but I'll look into some different paint if I host another event.

I'd be willing to do BYOP, it would actually be a lot easier for me as well, but then I would have to raise the entrance fee to cover the cost of running the event.

I definitely would need more bunkers for a 5 man, I barely have enough for 3 man! I'm looking into buying another field right now, so we'll see what happens.

I'm happy to host events. Riverton is a perfect place for this kind of thing because it's about two hours from everyone, so no one has to make that 5 to 6 hour drive across the state!

Thanks for the input, keep it coming
zackc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM #9
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Annual Supporting Member
I actually think the field size may have changed this year Grant. I just remembered reading a huge thread at the first of the year about a bunch of big changes that pissed a lot of the big time players off. Like, they made the field and the bunkers bigger and added more bunkers to accomodate a broader range of players. (bigger boys like me)

N.F.A. crew

Geo 3.1 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 PM #10
N.F.A.-NEWT

That maybe true Trent. Thats just what I found online today at work. (Hell ya I will let this company pay me to find things for paintball..lol)

The cold will always have an affect on paint. I don't think the paint was bad. With that said I didn't shoot it. (I was a pod b!@ch all day) But it seemed to be a decent paint. Better then what I have shot in quite a while.

Have you guys looked into Air-ups? They seem to be a really good price and most importantly made in the USA!! Im not saying... Im just saying!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM #11
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Annual Supporting Member
I think you did a great job Zack and I look forward to more of your events. I was just giving input not complaining. The paint shot fine for us. We are just old players that are picky and whiney because we think we know it all . I know how hard it is to have to find ways to make the tournament profitable. I for one am behind you. Keep up the hard work and it is great to see paintball rolling in Riverton again. It used to be one of the hot spots for the state and I would love to see that again. It is very well located for the active cities to meet at.

Grant is right, if you haven't checked out AIRUPS.COM go look at them. The indoor field here in Casper bought them and they seem pretty solid. Really good anchoring system. They are reasonably priced and you can buy a pre- configured field or you can pick and choose the barriers you like.

N.F.A. crew

Geo 3.1 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM #12
flash 51hh
fat guy with a gun

The psp did infact change the field dimensions at the beggining of the season this year. They really only added one bunker to the line how ever, its called a mini race to bunker, they more chaged the angle that they sit so bigger guys can hide not really the size and the only other big thing they changed was they don't allow coaching from the pits/ dorrito side any more. But that's all beside the point lol. Thank you guys for the input if you have any more ideas or tips please feel free to post..
Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 PM #13
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

has been a member for 10 years
Damn I need to get a team together. But I need to do some things differently to make that happen. Time is ticking away for my playing days
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:45 PM #14
N.F.A.-NEWT

Well nick at least you got the talking about paintball down pat!!!!!! You always have that to fall back on...lol

Great Job Zack!!! Look forward to heading back to take another trophy from Riverton!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 PM #15
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Annual Supporting Member
There are plenty of guys out there nick. I want you to get a team together so bad. I can help you evaluate a few if you are serious about it. There are many ways to raise money for a team as well when that becomes an issue.

N.F.A. crew

Geo 3.1 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 PM #16
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

Money used to be a big issue for me but it is not so much anymore. So long as I keep my other hobbies in check ya know. Ya I think I have just gone about it the wrong way in the past. I have a pretty good idea what I am going to do now but I want to wait a couple more months for some other things in my life to take shape before I put 100% effort into another team.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 PM #17
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Annual Supporting Member
Understandable

N.F.A. crew

Geo 3.1 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Old 05-18-2011, 06:33 PM #18
mtnclimber

Have paint. Have air. Just let me know guys. We are always willing to give a helping hand in the name of the game. Hope you enjoyed the air during the game. Thanks Rick
mtnclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 PM #19
mtnclimber

Not my paint though.
mtnclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:00 PM #20
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

Did Supressor play that event Rick?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 PM #21
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Annual Supporting Member
Didn't get to come visit with you but it looks like you have an amazing set up. Thanks for bringing it down for Zack so we could have good air all day. That was way cool of you man!

N.F.A. crew

Geo 3.1 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
ReplyRegional Ups