PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 PM #64
2k4 DuDe
toddshutter

2k4 DuDe is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
just finished disc 2, xbox 360 version obviously, and I'm starting to get bored... It's just too repetitive and while it's so similar to GTA, I miss being able to randomly whip out my gat and start busting caps in civilians. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

edit: gamefly FTW

[GDT]KR3W

my 45+ feedback

"Originally posted by AndyAllen019: Todd is a ****ing pimp. 'Nuff said."

Last edited by 2k4 DuDe : 05-19-2011 at 05:43 PM.
2k4 DuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:41 PM #65
SpyderBiter
TrollRapeSurprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4 DuDe
I'm on disc 2, xbox 360 version obviously, and I'm starting to get bored... I just got promoted to the third desk "vice" and then arson is next... It's just too repetitive and while it's so similar to GTA, I miss being able to randomly whip out my gat and start busting caps in civilians. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

edit: gamefly FTW
This is also the point I've reached. And to the guy saying that there's a lot they cut out of the game, I'm sure they'll be releasing tons of DLC. I just hope it won't cost much.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:46 PM #66
ssgaR
(yಠ,ಠ)y

ssgaR is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness20 View Post
Regardless of who actually made it. When developers have to take away gameplay to accommodate to a lesser console then I have a problem with that is all Im trying to say.

You are wrong. Its fact. I'll give you the storage, but the 360 is a slightly more powerful platform. I know a guy who worked in Mass Effect 2 and he was telling me about all the corners they had to cut on the PS3 to keep it playable. For example, on the 360 the NPC has 5 individual didgits on each hand, but on the PS3 they had to stick the last three fingers together so they were only really animating 3 digits.

"Originally posted by paintchk2: You sir are an ***."
ssgaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM #67
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I'm on disc 2 as well and I'm still really enjoying it. It's extremely different from any other game I've played/usually play. It's not all about constantly shooting people. It's about using your mind and observation skills to find out who solved the crime.

EDIT: STOP WITH THE VS. TALK!!!!

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 PM #68
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!

Witness20 helped look for balloons
Witness20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Witness20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Witness20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
woot old consoles overheating big deal bro
Witness20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:04 PM #69
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgaR View Post
You are wrong. Its fact. I'll give you the storage, but the 360 is a slightly more powerful platform. I know a guy who worked in Mass Effect 2 and he was telling me about all the corners they had to cut on the PS3 to keep it playable. For example, on the 360 the NPC has 5 individual didgits on each hand, but on the PS3 they had to stick the last three fingers together so they were only really animating 3 digits.
lolol no.

Not trying to turn this in to a console war, but you can't use a game with mediocre graphics that is cross platform and a first attempt by a development team to port over to PS3 as the end-all of power debate.

It's pretty indisputable that the PS3's exclusives outshine the 360's, graphically. GT5 looks better than Forza and is 1080p with 3D. Uncharted looks better than Gears. Killzone 3 looks better than Halo iterations and Gears iterations and is in 3D.

Inability to port code efficiently does not equate to more horsepower. You cannot judge a system's power by multi-platform titles anyways.

That aside, this game is pretty awesome. The tips and hints get a bit annoying, so like someone else stated before, turning them off makes everything much more immersive and fun.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 PM #70
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
i still think it was a poor move by sony

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:41 PM #71
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
woot old consoles overheating big deal bro
I love it. You can knock the 360 in each post in terms of this game, but the moment something comes out about possible PS3 problems it's "no big deal". Fanboy 6000 to the rescue!

Okay so here's my "Post First Case" review.

Graphics: Facial Technology is absolutely amazing. In just about every previous game that slightly "pre-scripted" feeling of the took away from the realism just a tiny bit no matter how good the game. I can't think of a game previously I didn't notice the mouth animations being off at least once in the game. I am absolutely in AWE of the facial animation in LA Noire. Great design, and for a game that's so cinematic it's a must have going forward. Sure it takes so much longer to do the mocap for (as body and face are two separate sessions and it has restrictions, but it gives it that much more of a natural feeling. Outside that the rest of the graphics are top notch, and so far so good. Only oddity I've encountered so far is Cole was standing up while we drove once through the roof for about 10 seconds. lol!

Gameplay Mechanics: Solid, but your standard Sandbox 3rd Person. Nothing too special going on, but they're solid for sure. The cars sometimes can be a little TOO touchy as far as over turning when you just want a small correction, but that's about it.

Story: Immersive. The little bits about your past definitely heighten my want to know more about Cole. I really enjoy the "case at a time" with side stuff in between points. It gives you a pretty defined goal to solve and a purpose. In other open world games you just move from "main story" to "side story" and that's it until the end game or some pre-scripted big event. This lets you have a pretty solid mini goal to clear the case as you go no matter what. Then you get a whole new experience.

Loading Times: I don't know WTF is up with the person earlier saying their XB360 took upwards of 30-60 seconds to load events. I don't have that problem at all (250GB XB360 Slim w/o HDD install). I haven't had a loading screen last more than 10 seconds. Most are no longer than the "saving" and I'm already onto the next cut scene, or open event. So I actually think it's pretty good.

Overall I like it. I will post a "end of disc" review later with more case time under my belt, but so far a home run for Rockstar's publishing arm, and a great game for Bondi.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 PM #72
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I will post a "end of discs" review later with more case time under my belt, but so far a home run for Rockstar's publishing arm, and a great game for Bondi.
Fixed

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:06 PM #73
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard supports Empire
Actually not fixed. I literally meant when I finish Disc 1 I will post a review of what I'm thinking after putting more time into it since that will be a set point instead of saying "in X hours, or X missions".
Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 PM #74
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Oh...

...because when i finish disc one, that will be the end of the game. Funny how those things work.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 PM #75
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!

I will be confused then if you post a end of disc review because I myself have never had to change discs...

^ you beat me to it. Also I am not a Playstation Fanboy I have posted that before I have been 360 only for 6 years but decided to go out and try it and its blowing me away in every way minus lack of cross game chat parties and other social aspects but that is ok.

Last edited by Witness20 : 05-19-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:35 PM #76
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Zero consequences for sidewalk surfing and mowing people down, that is...if they don't magically survive a semi truck to the face or slide out of the way of your hood.

For shame. You're supposed to do good for good's sake in this game. BUt there should be the option, and consequences for doing something bad. Don't make being bad not an option...
Old 05-19-2011, 09:13 PM #77
2k4 DuDe
toddshutter

2k4 DuDe is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
GT5 looks better than Forza and is 1080p with 3D. Uncharted looks better than Gears.
Comparing GT5 to Forza is like comparing olive garden to spaghetti-o's.

[GDT]KR3W

my 45+ feedback

"Originally posted by AndyAllen019: Todd is a ****ing pimp. 'Nuff said."
2k4 DuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 PM #78
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
It's pretty indisputable that the PS3's exclusives outshine the 360's, graphically. GT5 looks better than Forza and is 1080p with 3D. Uncharted looks better than Gears. Killzone 3 looks better than Halo iterations and Gears iterations and is in 3D.
oh and just to knock you down a peg: they both look like **** compared to PC version of BF3...peasant...

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 05-19-2011, 09:20 PM #79
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!

ya your PC that you upgrade bi monthly to keep it in the loop so You can run anything sorry but I will pass
Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 PM #80
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard supports Empire
In all fairness on the PC end. I can still play most games on high w/ mine and it hasn't been upgraded (w/ the exception of loading win7 ultimate) in 2yrs.

Having said that. None of it matters. If you have fun then that's all that matters. Sure it's fun to knock the other console from time to time, how's that DLC working out PS3 guys... oh wait. PSN store is still down, but most of the time I honestly couldn't care less unless one system has a game breaking bug of HUGE problem.

Discs, minor things, etc... none of it means **** to me. Just have some fun, and stop whining about which console is better. Cause truthfully none of it matters in the long run if you're enjoying it.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 PM #81
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

yeah maybe 10 years ago it was like that, not anymore. I can max out every game at higher resolutions than consoles and I haven't upgraded anything in 2 years.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 PM #82
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
oh and just to knock you down a peg: they both look like **** compared to PC version of BF3...peasant...
This I know.

Quote:
ya your PC that you upgrade bi monthly to keep it in the loop so You can run anything sorry but I will pass
I haven't upgraded my PC in... 3 years? 4? It still runs everything out there without a single problem.

It won't run BF3 on max, but one video card purchase and I'm good for another 3 or so years. That's what you're missing; it's a choice to run games at the highest graphical fidelity. I don't have to buy a new card to play BF3 unless I want to enjoy it on max settings. Even with my current card, it will still look better than on PS3 or on 360.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:18 PM #83
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Was just upgraded to Vice. The final mission on the table for murders was fantastic IMO. I knew the BD existed, but I had believed it to be someone else.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:43 AM #84
SpyderBiter
TrollRapeSurprise

I'm pretty sure my slow loading times is due to my memory being almost completely full.