PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-15-2011, 09:11 PM #1
SmartShot

Unhappy SP1 firing trouble's

Hey there,

Im kinda new to smart parts, I got my SP1 about a year ago, When I first got it, I had firing trouble. I really didnt have the time to look further into it, I now had some free time and I tried again. Now Im pretty sure the first time I attempted to use my gun, Im pretty sure the light was blue. I tried today and it was red. Now I personally dont know much about the boards, and all of that, like i said im pretty new to the smart parts and all of the tech in guns (Before i had BT4 combat, pretty much attach air, cock and fire). Well, the gun fire today! BUT it would only fire every three trigger pulls. I only heard the noise every three trigger pulls also. Anyone no what the problem could be? Maybe just the battery? Im going to try and do a new battery tomorrow but I just wanted to know if anyone had any other knowledge or prior experience with this problem. The battery used was kinda old and I understand it could be that. I will be trying a new battery soon and will keep you posted if any other outcome. I simply want to know if there are any other possible things known that could be wrong with my marker. I use Co2, I had it set to Co2. I do understand HPA will work best but being a compatible marker I shouldn't have these troubles with Co2. I also know that it IS NOT a heartbreaker board, thats as much as i know about the board, it is the standard marker. Also, this time around I couldnt switch fire modes when before I could. Anything? If you need any more information, try to explain what and i will tell you as much more as i can find.

Thank you for your time!
SmartShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 PM #2
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Most likely, the missed trigger pulls are caused by the battery. I've had that happen before. The standard light on the SP1 is red. I've never seen blue before.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 PM #3
SmartShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew View Post
Most likely, the missed trigger pulls are caused by the battery. I've had that happen before. The standard light on the SP1 is red. I've never seen blue before.
Thank you friend, Thats what I think also. I just wanted to check and make sure, see if it could be anything else. And I have asked Smart Parts about the blue light to see about it, if its anything special or if maybe a simple LED error. I'll be sure to get back to you with both! Thanks again!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:19 PM #4
SmartShot

--Update---

Wasnt the battery! Got a brand new one, still having the same problems. Any other help? I could really use it.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 PM #5
georgeyew

Do you know about the different modes on the marker? It could be set to Billy Ball mode. That setting will only shoot once every 2 seconds. Not every marker has that setting, but it would be worth a shot to check.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:55 PM #6
SmartShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew View Post
Do you know about the different modes on the marker? It could be set to Billy Ball mode. That setting will only shoot once every 2 seconds. Not every marker has that setting, but it would be worth a shot to check.
That kinda sounds like the problem, How do you get out of it? I press the button like the normal way to change fire modes but nothing happens, any special way to get in and out of it? Thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 11:02 AM #7
georgeyew

Hmmm....from what I read, you can change into Billy Ball Mode using the power button (4 flashes). So I am not sure about your issue. You should call GOG.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:36 AM #8
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
I could be wrong but i do not believe any version of the sp1 had the various modes on it past the single shot,three shot and full auto modes..

Gog is now repairing the sp1s since the g-1 is just a rebadged slightly reworked version of it..

the blue led must either be some sort of mix up or you may be thinking of something else,the skipping shots could be something as simple as the top grip screw tightened to tight (has happened to me) it could also be the battery,although you have already tested it with a new one try another new one..try several (i just used 4 different "new" batteries" until my marker worked

you can try the method of changing modes (in the off chance your sp1 has the billyball mode on the board..my sp1 now does since gog reflashed the board when the marker was sent in for repairs)

1..disconnect battery

2..hold trigger while re connecting battery.
led will flash every time this is done..

single flash = Select fire mode (single shot,three shot burst,full auto)Tapping the power button while the marker is powered on cycles through the firing modes, each indicated by the rate at which the power LED blinks.

double flash = PSP mode..The marker will fire one shot per trigger pull until the trigger is pulled 3 or more times rapidly in quick succession, at which point it will fire additional shots per trigger pull up to a maximum of 10 shots per second. If the trigger is inactive for a brief time, the marker will revert to the
beginning of the sequence, firing one shot per trigger pull

triple flash = Locked Semi-Automatic mode.. one shot per trigger pull, and cannot
be changed without using tools to open the grip.

four flashes = Billy ball ..limited semi auto fire rate, not allowing players to shoot more then once every two seconds.. (help encourage movement and not to rely on the spray and pray method so much)

also to toggle between HPA use and Co2 use for the sp1 you can disconnect the battery,this time pressing the power button while re connecting the battery again.. one flash is Co2 two flashes is Hpa.

other then those options the trigger screw may be in to far preventing the trigger to reset right..

or the reg may be cranked up a little to high,try LOWERING the velocity all the way and slowly raising it back up a little at a time while taking a shot or to between turns untill you reach a point that it works. (be careful due to possabillity of blowing out your noid)

hopefully this helps you out.. if not and you gotta send it in to gog to work on it be confident they will get it fixed (may have to pay a small fee for repairs and parts) they fixed my sp1 with a small hiccup but it works great now. and it was a really fair price (20 for new solinoid) they reflashed the board for nothing without having to ask(and forgot to tell me..lol) and added the newer options to it.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Last edited by NoX13 : 05-25-2011 at 02:39 AM.
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:59 PM #9
pheonixthree

I know this is a late reply but I had the same issue with my SP1. This may help someone looking for the same answer

I just purchased a used SP1 to replace my tried and true Spyder. Had the same problems posted here with flakey batteries. (Cant believe the gun is that touchy!)

I reset all the programs as posted above and the gun would only fire every 3 to 4 trigger pulls or in other words every 2 seconds.

It turns out my gun was a rental. THEIR firing programs are different from the standard SP1

1 - Billy Ball mode (single flash)
2 - Rebound Ramping (double flash)
3 - Locked Semi-Automatic (triple Flash)

Mode 2 is what I have it set for now I have a line on a parts gun and will swap boards or else I will contact GOG to see about reflashing my board.
pheonixthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 PM #10
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Go to youtube. Type in SP/Vibe fire modes. There are plenty of video that show what to do. You are just locked in "BILLY BALL" mode. Easy to unlock. Yes the rental boards have mode option. The "Billy Ball" mod was designed for beginners, so they had to move. I use it every so often just to have fun at the field with the young rec ballers. Hope this helps.
Later,
Blackrain