How to get your CSL badge
Originally Posted by Jack Wood
“Enriched with Carbon and Gold, the CSL is both striking and beautiful. From the seamless flow of the barrel and frame to the intricate detail and craftsmanship of the body. The new CSL is the epitome of class and performance with a distinctive pedigree and history that is only found in the SL mark” . .
The CSL is all about the detail. Gold screws clamp the gold-detailed grips onto the new flush fitting and screwless frame. Gold Thumbwheel and Screw on the silky smooth, bushed and re-designed C-Lever Clamping Feed. Gold LPR Torpedo and Bolt Pin. The bespoke CSL POPS system with coded gold latch pin. All co-ordinated with that lustrous carbon fibre and gold threaded weave in the all-new SL Shaft 4 Barrel Tip.
The SL has always offered something a bit special. A bit “extra”, if you like. And this year is no exception.
The gold accenting lifts the general appearance of the CSL into another league. All of the stainless steel parts that could be colour-coded have been, also the grip badge and body badge carry a gold chrome finish in place of the silver chrome found on the standard Ego11.
But of course it is the new SL Shaft4 Barrel that takes the limelight. The gloss finished Carbon Fibre 14.5” and 16” tips contains a delicate gold weave, a polished gold collar, and ample porting. The backs have been stepped down a size in their range (now 0.681”, 0.685” and 0.689” bores) in order to better suit the current paint sizes around the globe. The threading and rear section use the same geometry as the Shaft4 Barrel with its increased control bore length, offering higher average velocity and improved consistency over the older Shaft SL barrels. Of course the internal bore is precision honed, as you would expect.
In order to make the most of the stunning detailing all of the CSL the colours for this year have been designed to complement the gold theme, picking up the colour in their accented parts, but each with their own unique combination of base and contrasting elements.
Mechanically the CSL is driven using the same solenoid with integrated Flow Control Devices as can be found on the Ego11. The Ego11 has altered perceptions on what is possible both in terms of adjustability and outright smoothness from a poppet platform. And the CSL is no different with the adjustable solenoid making it possible to dial in the marker for supreme spool valve rivalling smoothness or outright firepower at the twist of a control.
But in other areas around the marker it’s easy to spot where those improvements that you expect to see in an SL have been made. For example the F-F or Flush Fitting Frame. Take a look and you will see that there are no longer any unsightly screw heads at the rear of the frame or inside the trigger guard. Instead, the frame is attached using a single captured free-spinning screw at the rear, and on a discrete and hidden cam-hinge at the front. The result is quicker and easier disassembly, smoother lines and improved ergonomics.
The CSL will be shipping with the excellent Cure3+ bolt. But currently in the final stages of development we have an all-new Cure4 Bolt System. Developed with the intention to reduced stack clipping and bolt strike (where the paintball is damaged by the bolt accelerating forward and striking the stationary paintball) the new bolt includes a removable and replaceable cushioned tip. The tip is locked into position by the contoured bolt insert that is in turn held in place by the bolt pin. Complete disassembly requires no tools whatsoever. The Cure4 bolt will be made available free of charge to all CSL owners who register their marker (see inside CSL box for details).
Continuing the long tradition of the SL range, the CSL offers a multitude of options to the owner. Electronically there is the same option of Opto or Micro trigger actuation on the board, as well as magnetic and/or spring return on the trigger. The CSL also offers the option of both a High and Low Pressure exhaust valve system which allows you tailor the efficiency and feel even further. The HP valve guide gives increased efficiency while the LP guide delivers a more gentle blast of air to the back of the ball. There is also the inclusion of the standard Ego-shaped “S” style, as well as a brand new retro “Blade”-shaped, trigger. The options included as standard with every CSL mean that there should be a set-up to suit every taste without ever the need to purchase potentially flawed aftermarket parts.
And of course these days the options do not just stop at the hardware. Every CSL comes complete with a full E-Portal system, including software and link cables meaning that everything from the start-up splash screen to the software version can be adjusted and uploaded from a PC.
As you can see, there is little that has been left untouched on the New CSL. And after all, The devil is in the detail, as they say…
Unique CSL Features:
• Bespoke CSL Body
• Bespoke CSL F-F (Flush Fitting) Trigger Frame
• Bespoke CSL Cure4 Soft Faced Bolt With Gold Bolt Pin
• Bespoke CSL 5-Piece SL Shaft4 Shaft Barrel Kit
• Bespoke CSL Carbon Fibre Tips With Gold Weave
• Bespoke CSL Contoured dual density Grips with Gold Logo
• Bespoke CSL Gold Hardware
• Bespoke CSL Circuit Board With USB Interface – Cable and Software Included
• Bespoke CSL Dual Triggers - “Blade” and “S” Style Triggers Included
• Bespoke CSL Dual Valve Guides – HP and LP Valve Guide Kit
• Bespoke CSL Zick2 Rammer Kit
• Bespoke CSL POPS Assembly
• Bespoke CSL Smooth Clamping Feed Assembly – With Gold Sprocket Wheel
• Bespoke CSL Contoured Eye Covers
• Lazer-Eyes Red BBSS System
• Exclusive PBNation CSL Badge
Ego11 Cross Over Features:
• Bespoke MAC Solenoid with Adjustable Flow Controls
• Fully Adjustable Bolt and Rammer Speed for reduced Kick
• SL3 Inline Regulator With Angled Swivel
• Dual Density Rubber Console and Frame Grip
• Cure3+ Bolt
• Zick2 Rammer Shaft and Cap
• Increase Longevity of Internal Components
• New LP Supply Protection System
• 92% larger transflective LCD Display
• Adjustable Tru-Colour RGB LCD Backlite
• 16-Bit Microprocessor - 16 MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second)
• Improved Solenoid Drive Circuitry for increased Velocity Consistency
• New Graphical User Interface
• Ultra-Lightweight Monoform Body
• Deftek Offset Feed Tube
• Integrated Rammer Housing
• Integrated FRM
• Offset Bores
• Micro + Opto Switch Board
• Dual Instrument Grade Ball-Raced Trigger
• Dual Trigger Return Mechanisms - Magnetic and Spring Trigger
• T-Slot Rail Mounting System
• Integrated Audible Sounding Device
Launch Colours: Panther, Spekta, Prestige
Weights and Measures
Length: 540 mm
Height: 211 mm
Width: 31 mm
All Measurements include Barrel (14.5”), POPS, Battery, Ready-to-go:
SL Shaft 4 Barrel Kit Specifications
1 x 14.5” Carbon Fibre Front Section 0.700” Bore
1 x 16” Carbon Fibre Front Section 0.700” Bore
1 x Rear Section - 0.681” Bore
1 x Rear Section - 0.685” Bore
1 x Rear Section - 0.689” Bore
Price: $1850 USD
Only 500 are being made